Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

the new pst

us Offline rescue4500

the new pst
on: January 28, 2019, 09:43:56 PM
while reading comments on a youtube video, a gentleman said that his brother worked in development for leatherman and that they are gonna bring back the pst, it could very well be bogus, but at the same time it may be true.

what do you think?
yay? nay?
any thoughts?
  me personally i sure hope they do and make it affordable like 30-40$
leathermans original brought back as a affordable edc the new leatherman pocket survival tool

(then the can bring back the pst 2)  :drool:
If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author

us Offline genevabuck

• No Life Club
Re: the new pst
Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 09:52:17 PM
Didn’t they bring it back last year for like $275?  What do I think about it? eBay has them for $20.

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 09:56:49 PM
Didn’t they bring it back last year for like $275?  What do I think about it? eBay has them for $20.

correct but the quote stated that there gonna bring them back into regular production as a economic line, i believe the video was a guy cussing and how leatherman was smacking there customers in the face by making it 300 bucks for the customer
If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author

us Offline genevabuck

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 10:16:20 PM

correct but the quote stated that there gonna bring them back into regular production as a economic line, i believe the video was a guy cussing and how leatherman was smacking there customers in the face by making it 300 bucks for the customer

I know that they are working on an economy line of tools. I was thinking more along the lines of the Kick/Fuse series. Who knows though.

us Offline gregpost

Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 10:37:47 PM

I know that they are working on an economy line of tools. I was thinking more along the lines of the Kick/Fuse series. Who knows though.

What more do you know? 

:ahhh

us Offline genevabuck

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 10:47:22 PM

What more do you know? 

:ahhh

Several months back they said that they are working on a new economy line on their Facebook page.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 11:28:02 PM
Let's hope they bring it back with a much better price tag :like: I would also like to see the whole zytel line back as well :dd: maybe since peeeps didn't like the zytel, they could bring it back as all stainless steel  :drool: :like: except for the Core because it came back like that as the ST300 :woohoo: :D

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 07:36:47 AM
I thought Wingman, Rev, and Sidekick already were the economy line.

They feel chincy comparatively speaking but Wingman does a good job without fear of surfing up a pricey tool.

Having said that, I'd pay $40 or $50 for a new run production PST or PSTII all day long. Especially if they came with the same sheath the originals had.

I proved it by paying that much last spring for a NIP, NOS PSTII that I found at a local True Value, in the back of a shelf.

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 09:01:54 AM
Not to sound like captain obvious or anything, but I just want to point out that; Youtube comments as well as even public forum posts can be written by anyone anywhere stating whatever they feel like typing, without having to provide any sources or supporting evidence to their statements / claims.

Even places like Wikipedia and Urban Dictionary; anyone can go in and edit the content on there. You have no way of verifying if the statements / claims / facts stated are written by a Professor at a university or some 11 year old kid in his parents basement.....or in this case; a Leatherman employee / someone with insider knowledge to Leatherman or the guy / girl standing behind you in the cue at the post office.

Again, just pointing it out.  :cheers:
Kind regards,

MMR

-------------------------------------------------
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
- Andrew Ryan
-------------------------------------------------

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00