Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG Paladin Tools

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
SOG Paladin Tools
on: June 30, 2020, 02:08:32 AM
So after years and years of looking I finally have my Paladin Tool Trio. Elusive 510 has been a unicorn hiding from me. A badge for this would be cool, because it is anything but easy.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 03:27:25 AM by pa_strunk »
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Re: SOG Paladin Tools
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 04:48:55 AM
Kudos!  :salute:
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 02:28:02 AM
Congratulations, pa_strunk.   My only Paladin is a PT510 which I modified.

Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 03:04:49 AM
I wonder why only the Powerblade (Kilowatt without all the gaudy blade markings) was the only one to continue and with Greenlee markings after Greenlee bought Paladin? Especially when it was available through SOG that whole time as the Kilowatt, while all the multitools had speSmurfpillst layouts.

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 04:23:43 AM
Totally like modding the older SOGs. Added a can opener and awl to mine. Hate having those empty white spacers they use.
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 09:59:19 PM
Congrats on scoring the hat trick 
:hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

I too have all three along with their embossed paladin sheaths.

They are without exception 3 of my favourite MTs in my collection

Enjoy  :cheers:
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 06:49:34 PM
So after years and years of looking I finally have my Paladin Tool Trio. Elusive 510 has been a unicorn hiding from me. A badge for this would be cool, because it is anything but easy.

G'day Matt, if I had known you were that desperate I might have been able to help you out.  But you're all good now  :tu:

All three Paladins do seem to be quite uncommon these days.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #7 on: August 07, 2020, 03:13:49 AM
SOG company has changed it’s focus back to the original “Studies and Observation Group”, which hopefully means they will start cranking out solid multi-tools as well as knives like they once did. Supposedly they are focusing more on end users input such as EMS, police, fire, military, and special forces.

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: August 07, 2020, 12:30:53 PM
SOG company has changed it’s focus back to the original “Studies and Observation Group”, which hopefully means they will start cranking out solid multi-tools as well as knives like they once did. Supposedly they are focusing more on end users input such as EMS, police, fire, military, and special forces.

I think there is just as much potential in trade specific as there is in EMS...probably more. I used to be a joiner and the current layout of MT’s both old and new bring little if any benefit to my trade. Massive global market within construction that has remained untapped. Hopefully SOG will research and exploit this area.

Trade specific tools is in my view the way forward. Built to professional standards and priced accordingly for professional applications.
The seemingly relentless marketing to sell MT’s that in all honesty offer little over what was available 30yrs ago will hopefully cease. I’m sure there will always be a market for the layout offered today. But if MT’s are to move on, manufacturers need to up their game and start to deliver.

Let’s not even touch on pastel shades  :facepalm:

« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 03:16:23 PM by tosh »

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: August 08, 2020, 09:07:59 PM
Do you have the Black Tip and Fishing  Tool. They are both great pieces to add to the paladins.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #10 on: August 09, 2020, 05:05:06 AM
Do you have the Black Tip and Fishing  Tool. They are both great pieces to add to the paladins.

The West Marine BlackTip MT is a monster, it even manages to make the LM Surge look small(ish) & light(ish)  :rofl:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #11 on: August 09, 2020, 11:11:35 PM
Yep SOG black tip has monster jaws and with exception of Gerber MP600 Fisherman or MP650 Technician jaws is the biggest I have in my collection.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%