« on: July 27, 2020, 09:55:31 AM »
I recently bought a few Wengers, including a Tool Chest Plus in horrible condition, so last weekend I tried to make a few knives with the parts that could be salvaged. Here's the result: a Duke of Edinburgh clone, and what turned out to be a Wenger Deer (almost, with a nailfile in place of the small blade). At first I wanted to make something compact with blade, combo tool, scissors, saw, file and a backside Phillips, but I decided I wanted an awl (which requires the opener layer), and then I couldn't leave this nice wrench alone so I ended up with an almost-Deer, which I like a lot but isn't really compact
. To make use of the now-abandoned combo tool and backside Phillips, I put together the DofE.
My thoughts on Wenger modding: disassembly is easier than Victorinox (no bushings to save), but peening without flattening the scale clips is a pain (especially for the two center pins