Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Casio w/compass, altimeter, barometer, thermometer. Reliable or not?

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Very cool! I wonder why they didn't call it the Garmin Instinct Tactical Solar instead...

:whistle:

:rofl:

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Cracking looking watch TG!

And with the aid of your posts I picked up the Suunto Core All Black a bit over a week ago, I absolutely love it  :cheers:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Cracking looking watch TG!

And with the aid of your posts I picked up the Suunto Core All Black a bit over a week ago, I absolutely love it  :cheers:

Thanks mate  :salute:.

The Core is one of my favorite watches, one of the best when it comes to accuracy (but, as all ABC watches, you still should try to calibrate the sensors as often as you can to get the best results).

Very comfortable, great strap. I switched to a NATO strap on my regular display Core, but I'm thinking of changing back to the standard strap, since it's way more comfortable.

If only it was Solar powered... But being able to replace the battery yourself while "in the field" is the next best thing in my opinion.

Enjoy your Core my friend, and do post some pics of it from time to time  ;).

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Thanks mate  :salute:.

The Core is one of my favorite watches, one of the best when it comes to accuracy (but, as all ABC watches, you still should try to calibrate the sensors as often as you can to get the best results).

Very comfortable, great strap. I switched to a NATO strap on my regular display Core, but I'm thinking of changing back to the standard strap, since it's way more comfortable.

If only it was Solar powered... But being able to replace the battery yourself while "in the field" is the next best thing in my opinion.

Enjoy your Core my friend, and do post some pics of it from time to time  ;).

It is very comfortable! Pics? If you insist ;)

Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

be Offline Top-Gear-24

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
  Miss the one I had. Wasn't the blackened face. It even alerted me to an impending storm 30 minutes away the one day I went camping. Got packed up in time, and sure enough the rain was coming and soon it got messy. Really liked that watch.

But then the battery died a few months later, Replaced the solar battery, and the battery was drained in mere hours. Happened a few more times. Went online to find out what the smurf happened, and all I got out was a watch dealer had to do something to the internal leads when replacing the battery. The store I got it from said I had to return it to Casio, for a nominal fee + shipping. Heck, could of bought a new basic version for about the same cost.

Do miss that bugger though.It would tell me when the pressure was rising, or dropping, and when to watch out for weather or possible sudden wind drifts while I was driving. Was quite an impressive watch, wand was a Walmart $100 special. Thought the solar charging would of made the battery last 5 years, was barely 2 years when I started noticing issues. **shrug**
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 12:26:57 PM by Outback in Idaho »
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Sorry to hear about your Casio troubles, looks like you had bad luck with yours.

The Casio Solars are normally very reliable. I own 7 solar powered Casio's, the oldest ones being my Casio Pro-Trek PRW-1300-Y-1ER and my Casio Riseman GW-9200, both from early 2009, and still haven't had to change the battery, and they're still going strong,  always at high battery level (knock on wood).

If you find a good deal on one, and you have the opportunity to buy it, I would go for it, sine you did seem to like yours (until the troubles started).

Greetings from Belgium,

Eric

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
One thingi have noticed with all my light powered watches (3 citizen ecodrives + the ABC casios) is they may need more well LIGHT. You can leave them in the direct sunlight all day and they charge up, but if like th casios they are low best to put them under a LED desk lamp for several days straight so they stay on H and not M or L.

“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD