Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

EDC in DEC

Nix · 2113 · 44898

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: EDC in DEC
Reply #60 on: October 12, 2020, 06:10:16 PM
But what fun will that be wearing it like a Maxpedition?
(Image removed from quote.)

And if I could find my old school radio, I will put that on my EDC list...(I always get a kick out of it whenever I see people hiking with one of this)
I used to have these two. I started with the Crown (loved it as it was more "portable" than the 777  :rofl: )

The 777 came out for parties and when I briefly dabbled in DJ-ing with my mate (it was used to cue up tape remixes as it had a fader  :ahhh )

Old Skool Cool  8)
Crown CSC 850L.jpg
* Crown CSC 850L.jpg (Filesize: 141.23 KB)
Sharp GF777.jpg
* Sharp GF777.jpg (Filesize: 150.16 KB)
They don't like it up 'em!

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #61 on: October 12, 2020, 06:12:45 PM

TBH, I think mine was thrown away by family members long, long time ago, but if I could only find my walkman and cassettes, I won't mine putting them back on like this dude:

Finally, I find purpose to my cargo pants pocket!

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #62 on: October 12, 2020, 06:13:38 PM
I used to have these two. I started with the Crown (loved it as it was more "portable" than the 777  :rofl: )

The 777 came out for parties and when I briefly dabbled in DJ-ing with my mate (it was used to cue up tape remixes as it had a fader  :ahhh )

Old Skool Cool  8)

That is cool!  :D :cheers:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #63 on: October 12, 2020, 06:55:16 PM
Coal. Every year...the same thing. I'm not even sure it isn't the same lump......   :dunno:

I hate to say this, but it's not even proper coal, it's just a rock painted black.

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #64 on: October 12, 2020, 07:06:34 PM
That is cool!  :D :cheers:
:hatsoff: The only time that I was ever "too kool for skool"  :-[

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #65 on: October 12, 2020, 07:21:58 PM
Coal. Every year...the same thing. I'm not even sure it isn't the same lump......   :dunno:
Me too. :(
coal-in-fist-e1492786530295.jpeg
* coal-in-fist-e1492786530295.jpeg (Filesize: 63.73 KB)

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #66 on: October 12, 2020, 07:35:26 PM
I hate to say this, but it's not even proper coal, it's just a rock painted black.

:facepalm:

No wonder it doesn't burn away in the grate....

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #67 on: October 12, 2020, 07:53:34 PM

No wonder it doesn't burn away in the grate....
There's one upside to this "rock painted black" scenario  :tu:

You don't have to give gifts either because; everyone knows "you can't get blood from a stone"  :whistle:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #68 on: October 12, 2020, 08:05:30 PM
 :rofl:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #69 on: October 12, 2020, 08:30:50 PM
Me too. :(

I'm not enamoured of your edc so far Alan.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #70 on: October 12, 2020, 09:34:44 PM

More useful than moisturizer......  :twak:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #71 on: October 13, 2020, 12:09:57 AM
Well, you say that, but just you wait 'til Christmas.

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #72 on: October 13, 2020, 01:10:07 AM
If you don't like my lump of coal perhaps you'd prefer a Log?

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #73 on: October 13, 2020, 02:48:19 PM
Barry

in Offline FanaticExplorer

• Huge Fan of the Explorer SAK
Reply #74 on: November 05, 2020, 10:10:38 PM
01. Nix
02. Sos24
03. ReamerPunch
04. SirVicaLot
05. Barry Rowland
06. PaulDmmwc
07. RF52
08. SurgeUK
09. It's a me, Mario GearedForwards
10. Comis
11. old Lefty
12. styx
13. Kev D
14. JPAC
15. Fuzzybuckets
16. FanaticExplorer

Sign me up
This is my first ever challenge. I have seen other challenges while lurking on here a few months ago.
I am saving up and trying to get me ideal EDC together and have the bare minimum (literally) but It is good enough and I did want to test it. So here I am  :cheers:

Also really really sorry in advance if I don't post anything creative cause I do have my exams for the first half of the month and will be indoors almost always but folks here are very convincing indeed  :pok:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #75 on: November 05, 2020, 10:11:54 PM
 :woohoo:

us Offline Sos24

Reply #76 on: November 06, 2020, 01:22:13 AM
Glad to have you.

I think I’ve decided other than the obvious phone and wallet (and water bottle if that counts), I’m going to limit myself to my edc organizer pouch and what I normally have in it.  Although, I have to figure out which SAK gets the nod - probably between Yeoman and Mountain Yeoman.

I say limit myself, when that pouch probably has more than many people carry.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #77 on: November 06, 2020, 01:34:34 AM
I haven't decided yet.......

I may try something a bit unusual for me. Or....may opt for a comfortable and familiar set up.   :dunno:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #78 on: November 06, 2020, 03:58:13 AM
I'm still kicking it around.  I might try it with just the Spirit.  We'll see what happens...
Barry

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #79 on: November 06, 2020, 05:10:29 AM
I can't see myself just EDC'ing a pliers based multitool. I'd have to have something else in a pocket: a small traditional or a Vic Classic. Something easy to pull out any use.

The 30-day Spirit challenge is one of the easiest I've ever done. The Spirit is such a good multitool, you really don't need much else....maybe a flashlight...maybe a magnifying lens...a pen....maybe a handkerchief..... However, I think the convenience of a small pocket knife makes such a thing mandatory for me.

Most of my life, I've carried a Classic or Rambler plus something else. The Benchmade folder stays in the pocket while the Rambler comes out to open a package. The Wave stays in its sheath while the Classic comes out to snip a loose thread. It's always that little SAK that gets the most use.

I like having a bigger, more capable tool with me on a daily basis--for the unexpected--but it's the small ones that seem to get the most use.  :tu:

us Offline Sos24

Reply #80 on: November 06, 2020, 06:22:08 AM
I'm still kicking it around.  I might try it with just the Spirit.  We'll see what happens...

I am considering the Spirit as the SAK, because it is such an awesome tool.  It even fits in the tool slot of my pouch. 

I can't see myself just EDC'ing a pliers based multitool. I'd have to have something else in a pocket: a small traditional or a Vic Classic. Something easy to pull out any use.

The 30-day Spirit challenge is one of the easiest I've ever done. The Spirit is such a good multitool, you really don't need much else....maybe a flashlight...maybe a magnifying lens...a pen....maybe a handkerchief..... However, I think the convenience of a small pocket knife makes such a thing mandatory for me.

Most of my life, I've carried a Classic or Rambler plus something else. The Benchmade folder stays in the pocket while the Rambler comes out to open a package. The Wave stays in its sheath while the Classic comes out to snip a loose thread. It's always that little SAK that gets the most use.

I like having a bigger, more capable tool with me on a daily basis--for the unexpected--but it's the small ones that seem to get the most use.  :tu:

This is where I usually fall. Even with the Spirit that has all outside opening tools and I carry in the same pocket of my organizer pouch, I still tend to want a traditional or smaller SAK when carrying.   :dunno:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #81 on: November 06, 2020, 06:48:39 AM
You're right.  I've really enjoyed the Classic as a sole carry for the Minimal challenge.  It's almost always with me in one of the different scaled versions I have.  My other keychain tool is the Mighty Minichamp.  I get the Classic size with multiple blades plus the ball point pen :dunno:. Then there's the SI, Spartan, ... :facepalm:
Barry

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #82 on: November 06, 2020, 06:51:12 AM
Glad to have you.

I think I’ve decided other than the obvious phone and wallet (and water bottle if that counts), I’m going to limit myself to my edc organizer pouch and what I normally have in it.  Although, I have to figure out which SAK gets the nod - probably between Yeoman and Mountain Yeoman.

Looks like a nice pouch!  :tu:

What's in the zip part  :pok:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

• No Life Club
Reply #83 on: November 06, 2020, 06:54:30 AM
I'm not completely decided yet, since I normally carry a small store's worth of gear (cargo pockets and pouches  :cheers:) it isn't that restrictive, I just have to get out of my normal rotating tendencies. I think the Explorer or Compact will probably make an appearance alongside the MiniChamp (I'm missing the little chunky guy so much in the minimal challenge) and some other goodies  :dunno:

My wallet has a pen slot and notepad in it so at least I don't have to factor those things in...
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

us Offline Sos24

EDC in DEC
Reply #84 on: November 06, 2020, 07:53:38 AM
Looks like a nice pouch!  :tu:

What's in the zip part  :pok:

Thanks.  I love these.  My last one is still in good shape after a year of edc in a cargo pocket, but I wanted one with a back slot pocket add and a little height.

The Zipper part has an assortment of items, some regularly used and some just in case:
- basic boo boo kit (2x2 gauze, steri-strips, couple bandaids, topical wipes, some OTC, anti-itch gel)
- Uncle Bill’s Sliver Grippers
- ~1L ziploc bag with 2 water purifier tablets
- single use super glue
- ~2ft duct tape wrap around fresnal lens plastic case.  A couple paper clips and couple safety pins are under end
- pen and couple sheets write-in-rain paper
- some hygiene items (coin towel, single use finger toothbrush, 2 single use floss)
- a couple prescription meds
- 2x Goodies powders
There is also a single slot pocket on the back that has 2 anti-bacterial wipes and a few sheets of antibacterial paper soap.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 10:15:11 AM by Sos24 »

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #85 on: November 06, 2020, 04:04:39 PM
Thanks.  I love these.  My last one is still in good shape after a year of edc in a cargo pocket, but I wanted one with a back slot pocket add and a little height.

The Zipper part has an assortment of items, some regularly used and some just in case:
- basic boo boo kit (2x2 gauze, steri-strips, couple bandaids, topical wipes, some OTC, anti-itch gel)
- single use super glue
- ~2ft duct tape wrap around fresnal lens plastic case.  A couple paper clips and couple safety pins are under end
- some hygiene items (coin towel, single use finger toothbrush, 2 single use floss)
- 2x Goodies powders
There is also a single slot pocket on the back that has 2 anti-bacterial wipes and a few sheets of antibacterial paper soap.
Wow, that's a great assortment of goodies inside the pouch, very utilitarian.  :tu:

• No Life Club
Reply #86 on: November 06, 2020, 09:19:34 PM

- single use super glue
- 2x Goodies powders

Very nice and capable load out! Where's the pouch from?

us Offline Sos24

EDC in DEC
Reply #87 on: November 06, 2020, 10:22:39 PM
Wow, that's a great assortment of goodies inside the pouch, very utilitarian.  :tu:

:tu:  My edc pouch contents have gone over several iterations over the years, but I’m pretty happy with it now.  Some of it doesn’t see much use but you never know. 

Just yesterday when walking Fisher, a young girl fell off her bike and cut her hand.  Out comes an iodine wipe and bandaid.  Her and her friends were all happy because they didn’t have to go home early to clean it,

us Offline Sos24

EDC in DEC
Reply #88 on: November 06, 2020, 10:33:19 PM
Very nice and capable load out! Where's the pouch from?

It is a shop on Etsy called OffChutes.  She is in Oregon and uses old paraglider material.  I started with one of the standard ones, which Is great and still in real good shape.  But I wanted one with a little more height and the back slot pocket so I asked her to custom make it along with a matching wallet.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/OffChutes?ref=usf_2020&page=2#items

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #89 on: November 08, 2020, 12:38:38 PM
Glad to have you.

For a second I thought I've found FB's missing Bantam  :D

Nice carry Sos  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69