Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ultrasonic cleaner?

us Offline SuzukiGS750EZ

Ultrasonic cleaner?
on: October 11, 2020, 03:20:36 AM
Does anybody know who makes a good, under $700 ultrasonic? Id like to clean handguns, knives & hand tools. I know there are cheaper units but I want something that will last and not take 6 cycles. Thanks guys!

no Online Vidar

• No Life Club
Re: Ultrasonic cleaner?
Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 07:43:08 AM
That sounds like a very doable price for a good unit. Depends on the size you want though? I've only got one, I think about 3 liters or so, and that has been working consistently since about 2006. Not really that many parts, so not much that can break either.
"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

us Offline SuzukiGS750EZ

Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 12:57:40 PM
That sounds like a very doable price for a good unit. Depends on the size you want though? I've only got one, I think about 3 liters or so, and that has been working consistently since about 2006. Not really that many parts, so not much that can break either.
2.3-3 liter would work fine i'd think.

no Online Vidar

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 10:32:37 PM
Well, you should be able to get a good one at that size for far less than USD 700. I believe the brand of mine is Emag for what it is worth.

A few considerations is the heater range, any timer limits, and how easy it is to empty and clean out. If I were to buy one again I'd get one with a little tap for easy water removal after use, and preferably one with a tight fitting lid even with the cradle inside. These things have a humming sound that can be quite distracting, and a lid helps reduce that. (And reduce evaporation issues).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 10:42:28 PM by Vidar »
"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

us Offline SuzukiGS750EZ

Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 01:47:15 PM
I purchased the sharpertek gun package, basic kit. We'll see how it does, it should be here by Saturday.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%