Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Weight-loss Challenge

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Re: Weight-loss Challenge
Reply #720 on: January 11, 2021, 06:57:53 AM
November 21   -  101.9kg - 224.65lbs
November 24   -  100.6kg - 221.78lbs
December 1      -  98.65kg - 217.5lbs
December 4      -    97.3kg - 214.5lbs
December 8      -    95.9kg - 211.4lbs
December 13    -    94.8kg - 209lbs
December 17    -    94.1kg - 207.4lbs
December 22    -     91.7kg - 202lbs
December 26    -   93.25kg - 205.5lbs
December 27    -    92.1kg  - 203lbs
December 30    -   91.25kg - 201lbs
January 1           -   89.95kg - 198lbs
January 11         -   86kg      - 189.6lbs
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 09:54:04 AM by ReamerPunch »

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #721 on: January 11, 2021, 09:19:33 AM
Here’s the proof, she is part of the forum but is never because she really doesn’t deal with sak’s or mt’s, but if you guys wanted I could ask her to come on to talk under this subject, I know she would have no problem, she’s actually really considering writing her own book, a lot of people who she’s talked to and helped along the way have told her to do so!
JR

Wow - That is amazing Mrs MP.
You are not recognisable ..... and have also lost a whole person in weight.
Amazing inspirational - And all by yourself (ie without external help) by the sound of it!
And well done you both for fighting through all those tough times together.

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #722 on: January 11, 2021, 09:21:09 AM
@RP - Take your shoes off and that is another 2lbs!!  ;)

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #723 on: January 11, 2021, 09:50:07 AM
@RP - Take your shoes off and that is another 2lbs!!  ;)

-Sir, put your shirt back on, please. This is a pharmacy. :think:
-Yeah, but I want to weigh myself properly. :D
-Certainly, sir, but.. Sir, please do not take off your shoes. :facepalm:
-That's another 2 pounds. :pok:
-Of course sir, but... :think:
-Now the pants. :D
-I am calling the police. :ahhh

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #724 on: January 11, 2021, 03:24:44 PM
 :woohoo: You are doing a great job.  Bet you feel amazing. 
Esse Quam Videri

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #725 on: January 11, 2021, 03:53:13 PM
I really do! :cheers:
I am so close to my goal. :D

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #726 on: January 11, 2021, 05:07:55 PM
-Sir, put your shirt back on, please. This is a pharmacy. :think:
-Yeah, but I want to weigh myself properly. :D
-Certainly, sir, but.. Sir, please do not take off your shoes. :facepalm:
-That's another 2 pounds. :pok:
-Of course sir, but... :think:
-Now the pants. :D
-I am calling the police. :ahhh
I really do! :cheers:
I am so close to my goal. :D

You might have seen this movie 'Old school', but maybe on the last day, the celebration streaking would help with the last 4 pounds?  :pok: :D :woohoo:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #727 on: January 11, 2021, 05:10:52 PM
Day 12

The weight drop is not going very fast for the last day or two, probably due to the weekend feast with the family.  So back to the OMAD plan and ate a very simple dinner with kimchi and seaweed soup.

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #728 on: January 11, 2021, 09:17:52 PM
Damn RP! Happy to see the progress, it's inspirational.

Day 11

About a 13 hour IF gap before I started eating, only going for two meals today so had a flatbread pizza (980 cal for the whole thing, I logged that amount but in reality a lot of crust was left on the plate) and prepared some healthy snack pots to quickly grab over the next couple days! Google says there's 30cal in a carrot, I used two carrots but one was a bit of a monster so saying 30 cal per pot :)

Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #729 on: January 11, 2021, 10:48:52 PM
Dip them in hummus.  :dd:

au Offline Echotech

Reply #730 on: January 11, 2021, 10:59:29 PM
Day 12

(Image removed from quote.)

The weight drop is not going very fast for the last day or two, probably due to the weekend feast with the family.  So back to the OMAD plan and ate a very simple dinner with kimchi and seaweed soup.
Kimchi :drool:
Healthy and tasty comis :like:

us Online powernoodle

Reply #731 on: January 12, 2021, 01:01:00 PM
November 21   -  101.9kg - 224.65lbs  >>>  January 11 -  86kg      - 189.6lbs

Very impressive, sir.   :cheers:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #732 on: January 12, 2021, 01:51:23 PM

Very pleased with the progress. I'm very close to my goal. :D
You've done well, yourself. :cheers:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #733 on: January 12, 2021, 05:22:56 PM
Day 13

It is kinda strange--my weight have been staying around 77-78kg for the past 3-5 days(?), and it doesn't seem to be dropping much.  I am kinda curious about this because I am already doing one meal a day with keto, and it is pretty darn aggressive.  The only loopholes I could think of is I do snack a little with nuts here and there, and maybe the carb content of those (also with daily veggie) ruin the keto?  Or could that be I am eating a lot less and don't exercise much, so the metabolism has became real low, so low that I am not really burning more than I eat? 

Hmmm...this is kinda curious.  I would definitely try to find what's slowing/stopping the progress, and hopefully could continue on.

Right now at this stage, I am not planning to introduce much exercise into my daily routine(even though I should, for health sake) since muscle do weight more than fat, and though I may physically tone up, it is difficult to track the 'weight loss' progress by mixing it with exercise.  Ideally, I would want to drop my weight down some more, before I start introducing some exercise.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #734 on: January 12, 2021, 05:25:01 PM
Damn RP! Happy to see the progress, it's inspirational.

Day 11

About a 13 hour IF gap before I started eating, only going for two meals today so had a flatbread pizza (980 cal for the whole thing, I logged that amount but in reality a lot of crust was left on the plate) and prepared some healthy snack pots to quickly grab over the next couple days! Google says there's 30cal in a carrot, I used two carrots but one was a bit of a monster so saying 30 cal per pot :)

That's cool you are tracking what you eat, definitely will help to manage calories!

Very pleased with the progress. I'm very close to my goal. :D
You've done well, yourself. :cheers:
You guys have all done incredibly well, great jobs! :hatsoff:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #735 on: January 12, 2021, 05:36:16 PM
Right now at this stage, I am not planning to introduce much exercise into my daily routine(even though I should, for health sake) since muscle do weight more than fat, and though I may physically tone up, it is difficult to track the 'weight loss' progress by mixing it with exercise.  Ideally, I would want to drop my weight down some more, before I start introducing some exercise.

My thoughts exactly. I know I've put on some muscle, but it does throw off the weight loss. A few more weeks and I'll reach my goal. Then, it's off to the shops to get clothes that fit me properly, and sustaining the plan.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #736 on: January 12, 2021, 06:27:16 PM
Since I am so close to my goal, it is as good a time as any to reflect back on my personal weight loss journey. :cheers:

Diet
I cannot say I counted calories for this. I did become interested in checking everything, just out of curiosity. For example, I dropped pistachios, since they have quite a lot of calories and I can eat a bucket-full of them in one sitting. Of course, I also completely eliminated junk food, chocolate, cookies, crisps/chips, and all that from my diet.

Instead, I focused on salads and fruit, and the occasional beef steak. Greek yogurt became an everyday part of dinner eventually. Some pickles, some tuna now and then. And tons of water, of course.

I mostly did one-meal-a-day for October and November, but for December, I had a few small meals most days.

Fasting
With one meal a day, some fasting was inevitable. While I felt hunger at first, a few weeks into November, I was not hungry. All those times I went for junk food, I could have not eaten, or just gone with a salad and yogurt. I was not hungry. I just convinced myself I was hungry. Which is why I got overweight.
I started increasing the fasting periods little by little, and in December I started doing 48h fasting sessions. It really helped, although this approach might be a little too aggressive. I will continue this once a week for just a few weeks more, and will probably continue every few weeks, as needed, to lose excess weight.

Exercise
I started taking long walks, up to 3 hours, for as many days as I could. I also did some weights. This may have also played a part in some inconsistent weight readings. Still, it's been a long time since I was this healthy, so exercise will stay.

Motivation
You will not see any results if you stop trying. Motivation is a weird, precious thing. One day you feel like running a marathon, and the next day you might abandon your efforts. Staying on course is not easy, especially considering how long it takes for results to become apparent.

It is up to you to find something that will drive you forward. Something that will help you resist temptation. For me, it is my little niece, running around the playground. My family, friends, and coworkers that support me through this. All my dear MTO friends that believed in me and in themselves, and joined me in December, and all those who cheered us on. The joy of feeling healthier. The satisfaction of watching my clothes get looser, and being able to finally use a reamerpunch to make new holes in my belts. Persevere. Results will not be obvious overnight, but once they are, they will boost morale significantly.

And whenever I would miss my weekly weight loss goal, I'd remember that the next time I had cravings, or when that nice lady at work would offer some cake. Slip ups may happen. Do not let them put an end to weeks of hard work.

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #737 on: January 12, 2021, 07:35:10 PM
Well done chap.  :hatsoff:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #738 on: January 12, 2021, 07:56:51 PM
Congrats RP !     :hatsoff:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #739 on: January 13, 2021, 11:45:13 AM
Day 13

Weighted myself this morning, back down to 77.2kg, gonna be more conscious how much nut snacks I took through out the day and be perseverant on the plan.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #740 on: January 13, 2021, 11:47:07 AM
Since I am so close to my goal, it is as good a time as any to reflect back on my personal weight loss journey. :cheers:

Diet
I cannot say I counted calories for this. I did become interested in checking everything, just out of curiosity. For example, I dropped pistachios, since they have quite a lot of calories and I can eat a bucket-full of them in one sitting. Of course, I also completely eliminated junk food, chocolate, cookies, crisps/chips, and all that from my diet.

Instead, I focused on salads and fruit, and the occasional beef steak. Greek yogurt became an everyday part of dinner eventually. Some pickles, some tuna now and then. And tons of water, of course.

I mostly did one-meal-a-day for October and November, but for December, I had a few small meals most days.

Fasting
With one meal a day, some fasting was inevitable. While I felt hunger at first, a few weeks into November, I was not hungry. All those times I went for junk food, I could have not eaten, or just gone with a salad and yogurt. I was not hungry. I just convinced myself I was hungry. Which is why I got overweight.
I started increasing the fasting periods little by little, and in December I started doing 48h fasting sessions. It really helped, although this approach might be a little too aggressive. I will continue this once a week for just a few weeks more, and will probably continue every few weeks, as needed, to lose excess weight.

Exercise
I started taking long walks, up to 3 hours, for as many days as I could. I also did some weights. This may have also played a part in some inconsistent weight readings. Still, it's been a long time since I was this healthy, so exercise will stay.

Motivation
You will not see any results if you stop trying. Motivation is a weird, precious thing. One day you feel like running a marathon, and the next day you might abandon your efforts. Staying on course is not easy, especially considering how long it takes for results to become apparent.

It is up to you to find something that will drive you forward. Something that will help you resist temptation. For me, it is my little niece, running around the playground. My family, friends, and coworkers that support me through this. All my dear MTO friends that believed in me and in themselves, and joined me in December, and all those who cheered us on. The joy of feeling healthier. The satisfaction of watching my clothes get looser, and being able to finally use a reamerpunch to make new holes in my belts. Persevere. Results will not be obvious overnight, but once they are, they will boost morale significantly.

And whenever I would miss my weekly weight loss goal, I'd remember that the next time I had cravings, or when that nice lady at work would offer some cake. Slip ups may happen. Do not let them put an end to weeks of hard work.
Great post!  I really do hope those who are trying to lose weight could take reference from this and draw inspiration from this challenge.

If my result starts to slow down, I may consider doing 48 hours fasting to further the effort.

au Offline Echotech

Reply #741 on: January 15, 2021, 03:41:08 AM

Diet

Fasting

Exercise

Motivation

Wise and inspiring words, your hard work and mindset has really paid off :hatsoff:

au Offline Echotech

Reply #742 on: January 15, 2021, 03:43:09 AM
Day 13

It is kinda strange--my weight have been staying around 77-78kg for the past 3-5 days(?), and it doesn't seem to be dropping much.  I am kinda curious about this because I am already doing one meal a day with keto, and it is pretty darn aggressive.  The only loopholes I could think of is I do snack a little with nuts here and there, and maybe the carb content of those (also with daily veggie) ruin the keto?  Or could that be I am eating a lot less and don't exercise much, so the metabolism has became real low, so low that I am not really burning more than I eat? 

Hmmm...this is kinda curious.  I would definitely try to find what's slowing/stopping the progress, and hopefully could continue on.

Great work comis I’m sure those last extra kilos you’re trying to shift will be lost soon, there’s always plateaus in weight loss as you know

au Offline Echotech

Reply #743 on: January 15, 2021, 03:49:21 AM
After a couple of weeks on leave when I didn’t go mad but also didn’t try to lose any weight, I’m now back at work and back to being more disciplined.

First thing is not to buy any biscuits etc, big weakness for me. This weeks shop had zero sugar based products and masses of salad and vegetables, and lean protein

From experience I know that if I try to be too strict I won’t succeed and as currently I’m only 3 or 4 kilos above ideal I know gradual is the way forward so it’s sustainable.

To that end I’m still having one beer in the evenings and some nuts, just not 3 beers and a load of snacks.

Last few days lunch has been similar to this, a couple of slices of ham, one slice of bread, lots of salad. Dinner is lots of veggies with fish/chicken and half portion of carbs

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #744 on: January 15, 2021, 11:59:02 AM
Day 15,
My mum gave me a lot of chocolate she had left over from Xmas.  I should have have thrown it away but instead scoffed the lot.
Weight 264 lbs, no loss but no gain on the bright side.

My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #745 on: January 15, 2021, 09:16:20 PM
I bought an exercise bike a few months ago but had not used it yet as despite the informercial (ideal world shopping Chanel) stating one maximum user weight that I was under. Reading the instructions after building it stated a lower weight which I was over.

But today I thought sod it I will live dangerously and give it a go.despite still being over weight for it. I only managed 13 mins before having to  stop.

Only a few years ago I was heavily into mountain biking and would spend several hours in my local woods or at a not so local bike park.

The exercise bike has a computer that measures speed, distance, time and heart rate, but I don’t want to get to anal about my work out. , So l am going to keep it simple and just try to go for longer each time if I can.

My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #746 on: January 16, 2021, 05:17:38 PM
I haven’t been on the treadmill because of my back since the 7th but I think it’s time I can get back on,, still not perfect but soo much better then before!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #747 on: January 16, 2021, 06:07:55 PM
Well, I didn’t break a mile but I hit 20min, phew,, I said to the Mrs I pushed the last 5min and she said “I know, I heard you” then I said I didn’t break a mile and she said “it’s ok you’ll work your way back up,” anyway here’s my info..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #748 on: January 17, 2021, 05:13:09 PM
Good work MP, 20 mins is well done and keeping yourself mobile is the priority.

Have you tried volterol. I have a friend who works as a plasterer and used to have to see a chiropractor every month to six weeks just to be able to keep working. But since discovering volterol he rarely has to see the chiropractor now.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #749 on: January 17, 2021, 07:33:35 PM
Didn't break a mile but I still went at it today,,

No Chip, never heard of it, I just looked it up, I’m guessing it’s a gel rub, diff brands around here but nothing I’ve tried has worked, even patches..
JR
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 07:46:15 PM by MadPlumbarian »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%