Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

100mm Garden Knife

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
100mm Garden Knife
on: January 25, 2021, 02:23:19 AM
Recently got one of these in a lot, and all I can say is, I'm really impressed. The knife is lightweight, tough (with decently thick liners), and the chisel grind really easy to sharpen. I mean, the edge was pretty dull on this knife when it arrived. Took no time at all using the 400 grit diamond on the Work Sharp Guided Field Sharpener, followed by burr removal on the back of the blade with the ceramic hone on the Worksharp, followed by a few passes on a ceramic rod I have, followed by more burr removal, then stropping both sides with an old belt. Even as horrible as I am at sharpening, I got an edge that could shave off arm hair--first time in ages I've been able to do that. Still not as good as factory, but a really good working edge.

Victorinox Garden Knife by cody6268, on Flickr

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: 100mm Garden Knife
Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 02:35:23 AM
Recently got one of these in a lot, and all I can say is, I'm really impressed. The knife is lightweight, tough (with decently thick liners), and the chisel grind really easy to sharpen.

Nice find cody! :like: :tu: :tu:

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
  • Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 03:24:12 AM
I have two of these right now...I never could figure out what the point was with them...why not use a regular knife for gardening? What does this do that another knife wouldn't?
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 10:19:20 PM
Oh my...
I’d forgotten all about these
I sent myself crazy years ago as I frantitried to get the Wenger versions, I ended up buying from Eastern Europe. I’ve also tried a couple of the Victorinox versions too.
Aren’t the blades carbon steel or something??
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

ru Offline Nick4

Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 10:26:24 AM
Aren’t the blades carbon steel or something??
No, stainless steel.
But, AFAIK, its blade has a slightly higher hardness (HRC) than other SAK blades (probably due to the different heat treatment mode). 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%