Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SwissTool Spirit MXBS (Reply from Vic') 2165

No Life Club Posts: 2,538
SwissTool Spirit MXBS (Reply from Vic')
« on: March 04, 2021, 08:30:30 PM »
Today I had a reply from Vic' (UK) regarding the MXBS.

Basically...NO!!! (bold and underlining are mine)

Anyone want to off-load one...  :pok:   

----------------------------

Dear Mr. ********

Thank you for your email and your patience.

The Swiss Tool Spirit MXBS with the one-handed blade was manufactured for the Australian Navy.

If the Swiss Tool will ever be available in this version for end customers is not clear yet. We recommend that you sign up for our newsletter. Here you will receive a mail as soon as a new edition is available in the online store or our stores.

Homepage Newsletter

We are very sorry that we cannot give you a more favourable reply.

Kindest regards
Victorinox AG   
----------------------------------------   
FFS Vic' Take My Money  :pok: :twak: :rant:

They don't like it up 'em!
No Life Club Posts: 4,802
Re: SwissTool Spirit MXBS (Reply from Vic')
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 10:52:42 PM »
Then how did dealers in Switzerland and Singapore end up with the things? Both for a few weeks had black and silver variants. I regret not getting one myself.

With Vic, I think, as long as the price and quantities meet their requirements, they'll do just about anything. I'm wondering if us at MTO got together enough, and requested a big enough order, would they do it?  They have made lots of tools that only showed up on items made for specific customers, and no more than a hundred or two were often made. I mean, you see the STGW 90 rifle tool just about everywhere, and they don't sell that many I bet. Yet, a SwissTool made to be competitive with basically every other multitool maker (Gerber, SOG, LM, several cheap tool makers all offer one-hand opening blades) on the market would sell quite a few.

Here was the message I myself sent. I think we should all send a message to Vic.

I am wondering if the variants of the Spirit with one-hand opening blades (i.e Spirit MXBS) will ever be sold in the United States.  While I hear these were produced specifically for a military customer, I feel that they would allow the SwissTool and SwissTool Spirit to become more competitive with such heavyweights in the American market such as Leatherman, SOG, and Gerber; all of which have at least one one-hand opening model in the United States.  While one-hand opening features may be frowned upon in many European nations, it is highly desired by American customers, myself included. I work on a farm, and while I prefer the quality and durability of my SwissTool, I have to use products from competitors because I cannot open any tool on my standard SwissTool with my gloves on. But, I can easily flip the blade on my Trekker open with one hand, and even my left hand, which cannot be said for most of the competitors. I would really like one-hand opening on a Victorinox-made pliers-based tool for my work.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 11:03:44 PM by cody6268 »
New User Posts: 2
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 10:58:17 PM »
I received feedback from Victorinox US when I used the "Contact Us" link on their site that this would be available in October of 2021. Let's hope.

"Good Morning,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to me. From what our product team has informed me, these MXBS models are currently European only but will be launching globally around October of 2021."

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 11:06:32 PM »
Then how did dealers in Switzerland and Singapore end up with the things? Both for a few weeks had black and silver variants. I regret not getting one myself.

With Vic, I think, as long as the price and quantities meet their requirements, they'll do just about anything. I'm wondering if us at MTO got together enough, and requested a big enough order, would they do it?  They have made lots of tools that only showed up on items made for specific customers, and no more than a hundred or two were often made. I mean, you see the STGW 90 rifle tool just about everywhere, and they don't sell that many I bet. Yet, a SwissTool made to be competitive with basically every other multitool maker (Gerber, SOG, LM, several cheap tool makers all offer one-hand opening blades) on the market would sell quite a few.
I guess they were "surplus"  :dunno: and they sold some to the Swiss Navy  :think: :rofl:

I'd be up for a MTO version but would we ever agree on the tool-set  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

For me, locking outside opening blades and tools (Surge style) and MUST be OHO or not worth it (YMMV)  :tu:

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 11:10:39 PM »
I received feedback from Victorinox US when I used the "Contact Us" link on their site that this would be available in October of 2021. Let's hope.

"Good Morning,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to me. From what our product team has informed me, these MXBS models are currently European only but will be launching globally around October of 2021."
Except, clearly not available in the EU  :whistle: :dunno:

Mind you, we left so maybe Merkel and Macron have a few stashed that I don't know about (retirement plans :rofl: )

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,797
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 08:24:35 AM »

"Good Morning,

That'd be great news!  I show mine to my local dealer which is a large regional distributor, and hoping that would raise some attention and let Ibach knows people are looking for this tool.

I guess they were "surplus"  :dunno: and they sold some to the Swiss Navy  :think: :rofl:

I'd be up for a MTO version but would we ever agree on the tool-set  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

For me, locking outside opening blades and tools (Surge style) and MUST be OHO or not worth it (YMMV)  :tu:
That's probably true, but for a starter, all I ever wanted is just the exact same tool as Spirit X but with one hand opening blade. 

Just replace the OHO seat belt cutter in MXBS with a Spirit woodsaw + 0.5mm spacer, and it's ready to go!

Join Daredevil Challenge in August and get Free magnets!
Comis Gear Youtube Channel
No Life Club Posts: 1,443
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2021, 10:01:38 AM »
I'll be in for one if we decide to do a MT.O version.

I asked Vic here in Oz about the MXBS and they replied that it will not be available globally until Q3 2021. Interesting that we are getting opposing replies.

Cheers, Pete
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 14,607
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2021, 11:05:21 AM »
I just hope it'll be released.
No matter late 2021, 2022...
It just has to be released! Or I'll smack myself in the head to death :bnghd:

Buy now or regret later
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,975 \o/
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2021, 12:58:42 PM »
It just has to be released! Or I'll smack myself in the head to death :bnghd:

Send me your 1903-ish officer's knife before you do :whistle:

You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2021, 01:12:09 PM »
Why is everyone after that one?! :ahhh

Buy now or regret later
No Life Club Posts: 1,124 The Spirit of Central Asia
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2021, 03:35:37 PM »
Why is everyone after that one?! :ahhh

Because it has no wood saw.  :D
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2021, 04:31:57 PM »
Because it has no wood saw.  :D
:rofl:

It does come with scissors though :D

Buy now or regret later
No Life Club Posts: 1,124 The Spirit of Central Asia
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2021, 04:43:54 PM »
:rofl:

It does come with scissors though :D

Don't tell them. They will replace it with a fish scaler.
Hero Member Posts: 704 The SAK Also Rises
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2021, 06:32:38 PM »
Has MTO ordered an MTO-embossed SAK exclusive before?

He had decided none of it was true, except what he carried with him everyday.-—SgtTowser
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2021, 07:10:48 PM »
Has MTO ordered an MTO-embossed SAK exclusive before?

We've had a few, but I think most were Wengers.  I was here long after the last one of those was made, so I never got one. I've seen a few Swiss Army Knights ones used though, and have been tempted.
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2021, 09:35:19 PM »
We've had a few, but I think most were Wengers.  I was here long after the last one of those was made, so I never got one. I've seen a few Swiss Army Knights ones used though, and have been tempted.

Cool. I will have to look for one.

He had decided none of it was true, except what he carried with him everyday.-—SgtTowser
Hero Member Posts: 794

EMZ nl

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2021, 09:41:41 PM »
"We recommend that you sign up for our newsletter. Here you will receive a mail as soon as a new edition is available in the online store or our stores."

This statement from Victorinox is complete BS. I signed in many, many times but never received any newsletters. I'd like to receive the pdf's that belong to the new editions, however I gave up long time ago.
Jr. Member Posts: 83
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2021, 09:53:09 PM »
I could order them and ship them worldwide. So if anybody is interested, just let me know.
Sr. Member Posts: 478 Unless
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2021, 10:14:16 PM »
Roll on October  :woohoo:

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2021, 12:13:37 AM »
I could order them and ship them worldwide. So if anybody is interested, just let me know.
Are you saying that you can order (and ship) an MXBS to the UK  :pok: :ahhh :drool: 

That would be fantastic  :tu:

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2021, 12:56:53 AM »
An MT.O Spirit OHO = 👍.

How about embossing just a single red NUT on one black handle. Nothing else, so that we are the only ones that recognize the meaning?

Eat your hearts out, freemasons!!  😂

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2021, 09:15:39 AM »

Thanks for the offer

Pete
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,975 \o/
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2021, 09:29:11 AM »
How about embossing just a single red NUT on one black handle.

A single nut? I sort of feel offended :P https://www.cancer.org/cancer/testicular-cancer/treating/surgery.html

(TMI?)

You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.
Jr. Member Posts: 83
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2021, 09:50:29 AM »
Are you saying that you can order (and ship) an MXBS to the UK  :pok: :ahhh :drool: 

That would be fantastic  :tu:

Yes of course. Costs are: CHF 162.80 plus CHF 14.- shipping to me plus CHF 15.- shipoing to you. Just let me know if thats ok for you.
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2021, 01:46:40 PM »
Yes of course. Costs are: CHF 162.80 plus CHF 14.- shipping to me plus CHF 15.- shipoing to you. Just let me know if thats ok for you.

PM incoming... :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

Sr. Member Posts: 400 First, we take Manhattan
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2021, 01:53:28 AM »
G'day All,

It's been a while.

Anyway, I got this e-mail form Victorinox Australia; thought it might be worth sharing.

Cheers

Victorinox to Supply Multi Tool To The Australian Defence Force

Victorinox AG, Switzerland – Makers of the “Original Swiss Army Knife” and Australian distributor, Sheldon & Hammond Pty Ltd. are pleased to announce that it has been awarded as manufacturer of the preferred Multi Tool to the Australian Defence Force (ADF).

Supply of the preferred Victorinox Multi Tool forms part of Land 125 Phase 4 Integrated Soldier System – Field Equipment, a partnership between Sea to Summit and the Commonwealth of Australia to modernise ADF field equipment. The supply will be executed under the Standing Offer Deed with Sea to Summit as announced by the Minister for Defence, Sen Linda Reynolds, in December 2019: https://www.minister.defence.gov.au/minister/lreynolds/media-releases/defence-signs-deed-strengthen-army-field-equipment

The awarded Multi Tool – Victorinox Swiss Tool Spirit MXBS 3.0226.3AUS (NSN 5110-66-166-1357) was specifically designed for the ADF in order to be fully compliant with the Tender Defence Purchase Description DEF (AUST) 8637 / Issue 5 / Type T.

This new tool features 25 functions including single hand operation of both the primary and secondary blades, designed to successfully integrate with combat gloves. Initial supply to the ADF will commence in 2021 and will support ADF personnel both in Australia and overseas.

Victorinox plans to introduce this new model to the Australian public in 2021.

Victorinox prides itself on more than 130 years of experience in the manufacturing of high-quality knives in Switzerland. The brand guarantees all knives and tools to be of first-class stainless steel. Each item has a lifetime guarantee against any defects in material and workmanship. All knives fulfill the reputed and very high Victorinox quality standards and are 100% Swiss Made.

Details
Victorinox Swiss Tool Spirit MXBS 3.0226.3AUS
Specifically designed Swiss Tool

Functions
Needlenose pliers
Screwdriver 2mm
Screwdriver 3mm
Wire cutter for thin and soft wire up to 40HRc
Cap lifter
Screwdriver 6mm
Crate opener
Long blade (one hand opening)
Scissors
Metal file (fine & rough sided)
Metal saw
Belt cutter (one hand opening)
Reamer and punch
Phillips screwdriver 1+2
Chisel/scraper
Cable cover cutter lengthwise
Wire bender
Wire stripper and scraper
Cable cover cutter circular
Can opener
Multi purpose hook
Hard wire cutter
Lanyard hole
Ten individual springs
 Lock release

@Victorinox_australia

Take a picture of your Victorinox product, tag it with @Victorinox_australia and #MyVictorinox and post it on Instagram for the chance to be featured on our page.

Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
Website

Need Help?
Call us on 1800 252 624
Available Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2021, 02:30:16 AM »
A single nut? I sort of feel offended :P https://www.cancer.org/cancer/testicular-cancer/treating/surgery.html

(TMI?)

OK, I see your point.

Two BIG nuts!!!!

One each at the tops pf the handles so the pliers protrudes betwee the two when deployed!!!

The world’s first hung multi tool!

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2021, 04:09:57 AM »
I'm glad the Australian Defence Force finally decided to give that pile of smurf made by Taylor Brands the boot.   That was a massive mistake. The US Gerber isn't as good as a SwissTool, but still miles ahead of that $20 POS. We've got an upcoming challenge involving disliked tools, and I've chosen the "knockoff" Taylor Brands Tough Tool as my choice. The USA version may be awkward, but it handles basically everything. When you try to produce a tool that was  $100 twenty years ago (now a LOT more than that with inflation) for $20 in 2021 money, obviously you cut a lot of corners.
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2021, 04:55:30 AM »
Excellent post Grass, that is a lot more info than I got. I would imagine the price will be typical Ozzie gauge... I wonder if that will have the NSN on for us too?

Still a very good looking tool

Pete
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2021, 05:17:22 AM »
After my rush of excitement, I have now come down to reality and am not thrilled with the flange for a OH means of deployment. I was imagining a blade hole, as on the OHO Vic knives. This flange looks like it will make ingress and egress from my side pocket problematic.  Maybe in military use it will have its own Molle pouch, or the combat pants will be loose at the hip pockets and the flange willnot be an issue. But getting that in and out of Levi’s seems susceptible to snagging on the way in and on the way out.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 05:25:51 AM by SgtTowser »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $79.60
PayPal Fees: $5.65
Net Balance: $73.95
Below Goal: $226.05
Site Currency: USD
25%