Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How would you name this Victorinox Modeler? 333

Newbie Posts: 21
How would you name this Victorinox Modeler?
« on: May 19, 2021, 03:07:41 PM »
Hello, guys. Please look at the attached pics, and help us identifying this 5 layer knife.

1. I think that it is a Modeler Plus, c1991, but the fact that the small blade was swapped by a Combo-Tool might have resulted in a different identifier.
2. It reminds me of Swiss Bianco's Yeoman MF, but adding the openers layer.

Have a good day (or night, depending on where you are).
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,881 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: How would you name this Victorinox Modeler?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 04:07:24 PM »
Not to mention the hook and small screwdriver in the back. I'd say it's a mod, for sure.

:think: :think:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,391
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 04:51:12 PM »
Not to mention the hook and small screwdriver in the back. I'd say it's a mod, for sure.

I think having the small screwdriver and hook at back is sensible, especially if it is mod from a SAK with more layers.  But it surely is an interesting move to swap out the small blade for the combo tool.

Please support and donate to the forum and get a MTO 15th anniversary free magnet!
Comis Gear Youtube Channel
Jr. Member Posts: 82
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 05:21:05 PM »
I think having the small screwdriver and hook at back is sensible, especially if it is mod from a SAK with more layers.  But it surely is an interesting move to swap out the small blade for the combo tool.
This with the small blade instead of the combo would be great. Does it exist?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,391
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 05:23:24 PM »
This with the small blade instead of the combo would be great. Does it exist?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Yes, as the title suggested, Victorinox did once produce a model called 'modeler', which is a 5 layers SAK(openers, blades, scissors, metal file/saw, phillips+mag glass).  But it has now been discontinued.

Please support and donate to the forum and get a MTO 15th anniversary free magnet!
Comis Gear Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 05:28:39 PM »

As far as I have been able to search, 1991 was the 1st. year for the hook, and last for the screwed scissors. Also, in 1991 both the straight pin and mini-screwdriver were available in various Victorinox models. On the other hand, anybody can add a mini-screwdriver to their 4 turn corkscrew VIC SAK, isn't it? There should be a way to make sure if this one is a MOD w/o removing the scales...
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,881 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 06:37:32 PM »
As far as I have been able to search, 1991 was the 1st. year for the hook, and last for the screwed scissors. Also, in 1991 both the straight pin and mini-screwdriver were available in various Victorinox models. On the other hand, anybody can add a mini-screwdriver to their 4 turn corkscrew VIC SAK, isn't it? There should be a way to make sure if this one is a MOD w/o removing the scales...

From the fact that it has a combo tool AND the opening tools layer, I'm pretty sure it's a mod. Victorinox has/had no SAK with both of them together.

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2021, 06:54:53 PM »
From the fact that it has a combo tool AND the opening tools layer, I'm pretty sure it's a mod. Victorinox has/had no SAK with both of them together.

I am not that sure... X-RAY required here!  Both XAVT and XXLT had all three openers. Victorinox has released some od configurations, IE the Champion B, wich offered 3 separate nail files in a single package: Metal Saw, Long Nail File and Phillips-Head Screwdriver File.
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2021, 05:37:59 AM »
Look, frsantos and comis, here is another Modeler with multipurpose hook: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qURae3ahPQ

I think that the Modeler was discontinued later than what is generally thought.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
September Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: $96.10
PayPal Fees: $5.60
Net Balance: $90.50
Below Goal: $209.50
Site Currency: USD
30%