Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Nite Ize Hip Clip on Rebar 422

New User Posts: 4
Nite Ize Hip Clip on Rebar
« on: May 30, 2021, 10:44:28 AM »
So I've been using the Hip Clip on my Rebar a few days now. I opened the pliers with one hand now more easily. The pocket clip makes it easier to push apart the handles a bit and then flick the tool open like a butterfly knife. I cut some small branches (2-3 cm wide)  with the saw and I was grabbing pretty hard on the pocket clip in the process.

When I put sideways pressure on the clip it tends to move a milimeter but that is because the biadhesive 3m tape is a foamy soft layer in between. But the adhesive is rock solid so The clip immediately goes back to its original place. So while it is not rock solid in its place it is very very strong and doesnt show any sign of weakening. Maybe this "feature" also helps if the clip is caught up on something.

The Clip itself is not as strong as a Spyderco clip for example but it is capable. The adhesive is very strong so I'd recommend this pocket clip for everyone who doesnt want to lose warranty by drilling a couple of holes for another pocket clip.

Notice that I cut down the corner of the clip so it is more comfortable to hold and alsohelps not to put too much sideways pressure on the clip if I bear down on it harder.

I am happy with the result. Maybe I'll paint it black to be a little bit more discreet.

I hope I was informative. :salute:
No Life Club Posts: 3,953
Re: Nite Ize Hip Clip on Rebar
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 10:57:07 AM »
 :like:

Did I mention I like pocket clips?

On the adhesive, I'm curious about your experiences a few years down the road. Whilst a lot of advances have been made in recent years, I still note some creep in many of these 3M double sided pads I have been using the last decade or so for clotheshooks and the like.

Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

Full Member Posts: 103
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 11:13:47 AM »
Using the same clip on my juice s2.
Had mine on about a year I think, good so far.
If the adhesive was to fail its likely the tool would fall into your pocket.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

No Life Club Posts: 3,074
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 11:52:22 AM »
Good to hear :tu:
Will think about putting one on my rebar
Global Moderator Just Bananas Posts: 66,833
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 02:38:59 PM »
I had made mention I bought a black oxide Rebar with one on it and it seems to be holding on very well :salute:

My clip is already black, so it makes me wonder if they make them in black from the factory :think:

Thanks for the feedback, mangyang :salute: :like:
No Life Club Posts: 4,306
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 04:11:36 PM »
I’ve never seen a black one, but that’s a possibility. I’ve had them on various multi tools and NEVER had one fail. As a matter of fact, getting one back off is very difficult. Not impossible, but difficult enough that I can’t see one failing and falling off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Global Moderator Just Bananas Posts: 66,833
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 04:16:32 PM »
Here is a pic of it :think: it doesn't look painted, just worn :shrug: I have never looked them up and never thought about it until talk of it recently  :ahhh
New User Posts: 4
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2021, 02:55:03 PM »
Reporting more about the Clip:

The clip is still very solid and is in its place. I have only one complaint about it. Namely that it is quite big. It is can get caught on things a bit easier though it didn't happen yet.
I abused it while working outside cutting branches, pulling out nails, repairing things and it still holds very well.
Sr. Member Posts: 326
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2021, 06:28:50 PM »
I ordered one a couple of days to put on a MT that I am giving to an apprentice without knowing this  thread exists. Good to know the clip has been working well for several people  :tu:
Full Member Posts: 167
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2021, 01:42:11 AM »
I have a Hipclip on my Rebar too, and on both of my Loggerhead Bit Dr screwdrivers. It's probably the best pocket clip I've ever used! Highly recommended!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
August Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: $10.66
PayPal Fees: $0.63
Net Balance: $10.03
Below Goal: $289.97
Site Currency: USD
 3%