Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pay it Forward, 2021 Edition!

ca Online Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Pay it Forward, 2021 Edition!
Reply #180 on: January 02, 2022, 09:54:14 PM
Cost me north of thirty NZ dollars to send a single MT to the States in December.
I'm always down for free stuff and wanted to take part but I just can't afford the postage atm.

That seems to be the problem everywhere at the moment.  Postal rates have taken a bit of an increase here as well.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #181 on: January 03, 2022, 08:56:20 AM
Cost me north of thirty NZ dollars to send a single MT to the States in December.
I'm always down for free stuff and wanted to take part but I just can't afford the postage atm.

International postage from Australia is no better (may be even more expensive)  >:(  :cry:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #182 on: January 03, 2022, 02:04:41 PM
Yes, the postage is an issue everywhere, but I figured it would be cheaper for something not going international.

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #183 on: January 03, 2022, 07:13:25 PM
Yes, the postage is an issue everywhere, but I figured it would be cheaper for something not going international.

It was pretty cheap for sending the box nationally here at least  :dunno:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #184 on: January 03, 2022, 08:16:06 PM
It was pretty cheap for sending the box nationally here at least  :dunno:

:iagree:  :like:

I sprung for whatever RM are calling next day/pronto type delivery to GF but it was still reasonable  :think:

IIRC what I paid to ship the MiniChamp to the US wasn't too bad either (It's just the timescale  :ahhh)

I can't believe that this has ground to a halt  :bnghd:
COME ON PEOPLE!!!!  :duel: :mn: :viking: :to: :wait:

They don't like it up 'em!

gb Offline MichaelGT83

• No Life Club
Reply #185 on: January 03, 2022, 11:11:52 PM
There's nothing else for it, you'll have to get on a train and force it upon the scots, or grab a ferry and go after stitchy  :dunno:

You may have tipped your hand on one of your items kept in another thread  ;)

I did think I'd have to start hunting a few people down... Very disappointed in the Scots on this one after the rest of us have played so nicely with this.

And yeah, I got to the stage where I couldn't hide everything forever - I kinda hoped it'd go under the radar a touch. :D

I understand the postage cost element to this, but there has to be someone, somewhere who'd go for this. Otherwise I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with everything!
We have the tools, we have the talent!

br Offline Hevy (CT-782)

• No Life Club
Reply #186 on: January 04, 2022, 01:53:21 PM
Let's go guys!

The Surprise Box GAW is a very nice, generous, creative and gentle act!
A good example of the MT.o way.
Congrats to all who joined.

I can't talk about the costs in UK.
But here in Brazil, the cost to post something overseas is high.
But the major problem is to receive anything. The taxes are absurd (90% in some cases). And the great delay in the customs.

Hope the Surprise Box keep going and make mor people happy!

Enviado de meu Moto Z2 Play usando o Tapatalk

gb Offline MichaelGT83

• No Life Club
Reply #187 on: February 02, 2022, 08:25:06 PM
So, am I sending this somewhere? Splitting up the contents to send in separate packages, either as a surprise or showing what I've got? Keeping them back for GAWs? Sending something at random to the previous people who took part in this before?* Keeping the lot and making a large donation to forum operational funds or get a Charter Membership in lieu?** I'm just throwing random smurf ideas out there in case this really has fallen flat.

It needs re-packing and boxing, but that won't take too long, and it's taking up space at the moment, so someone help me shift it on...

*I think I could work out what other people have put in when, or I could just send stuff I've already bought to go in.

**I'd really, really, really rather not do that, but as doing GAWs or an open "if you want this particular tool shout up and I'll send it to you" go against the principle of it all being a surprise, it seems like a last, desperate option if this has honestly ground to a halt.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 08:51:35 PM by MichaelGT83 »

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #188 on: February 02, 2022, 09:10:38 PM
So, am I sending this somewhere? Splitting up the contents to send in separate packages, either as a surprise or showing what I've got? Keeping them back for GAWs? Sending something at random to the previous people who took part in this before?* Keeping the lot and making a large donation to forum operational funds or get a Charter Membership in lieu?** I'm just throwing random smurf ideas out there in case this really has fallen flat.

It needs re-packing and boxing, but that won't take too long, and it's taking up space at the moment, so someone help me shift it on...

*I think I could work out what other people have put in when, or I could just send stuff I've already bought to go in.

**I'd really, really, really rather not do that, but as doing GAWs or an open "if you want this particular tool shout up and I'll send it to you" go against the principle of it all being a surprise, it seems like a last, desperate option if this has honestly ground to a halt.

I can't believe that someone hasn't shouted out for this  :ahhh :dunno:  :bnghd: :ahhh :dunno: :bnghd:

I think awl options you put forward are viable. Maybe a poll (if no one is forthcoming)  :shrug:

To paraphrase Coriolanus "Have we no members here?"

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #189 on: February 03, 2022, 02:10:43 AM
I think you should seal up whatever is left in the box and send it to anyone on that side of the Atlantic whose address you already have.  Let whoever it is enjoy a nice surprise (and get it the smurf out of your house).  Just be sure the next recipient knows it is the Pay it Forward box and they are supposed to move it along.  At least this way there will be continued progress instead of this long term stall we are currently experiencing.
 :twak:

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #190 on: February 03, 2022, 05:16:30 PM
I think you should seal up whatever is left in the box and send it to anyone on that side of the Atlantic whose address you already have.  Let whoever it is enjoy a nice surprise (and get it the smurf out of your house).  Just be sure the next recipient knows it is the Pay it Forward box and they are supposed to move it along.  At least this way there will be continued progress instead of this long term stall we are currently experiencing.
 :twak:

:iagree: Wise words Alan. Do this Michael  :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #191 on: February 03, 2022, 09:43:37 PM
And if shipping is an issue for that person, let me know and I will pay for it.   :tu:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #192 on: February 03, 2022, 10:15:09 PM
And if shipping is an issue for that person, let me know and I will pay for it.   :tu:

Def

Very kind of you Grant but wholly unnecessary  :hatsoff:

If postage is an issue we'll cover it from the UK (GF will anyway :rofl:)

Seriously, if it comes to it, the UK types will sort it  :tu:

How about a 6 Nations GAW (divvie the spoils amongst the teams/members  :dunno:)

gb Offline MichaelGT83

• No Life Club
Reply #193 on: February 08, 2022, 06:25:25 PM
Sorry, it's been a busy few days so I've not been able to check back in on the thread. Alan's is a cracking idea, the problem being I've only got GF's address as it stands. I doubt he'd appreciate the whole lot just being sent back to him. :rofl:

I'm happy to try and break it up for others though, along the lines mentioned by Surge. If I get a calm moment this week I could look at starting a new thread to try and throw some life back into it on that front.

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #194 on: February 08, 2022, 06:34:31 PM
Sorry, it's been a busy few days so I've not been able to check back in on the thread. Alan's is a cracking idea, the problem being I've only got GF's address as it stands. I doubt he'd appreciate the whole lot just being sent back to him. :rofl:

I'm happy to try and break it up for others though, along the lines mentioned by Surge. If I get a calm moment this week I could look at starting a new thread to try and throw some life back into it on that front.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do mate  :tu:

If it comes to addresses I'll PM you mine (if needed) and we can take it from there  :dunno:

I can't believe there are no takers... :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

gb Offline MichaelGT83

• No Life Club
Reply #195 on: May 27, 2022, 08:01:44 PM
So... Life has kinda got in the way over the last few months. Aside from the Soldier On! Challenge I haven't really been on here lately. With that in mind, I'm giving this one last bump. If no one wants to jump in on it as it is, then I'll attempt some sort of "Great British Giveaway", to butcher an over-used naming pattern. :whistle:

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #196 on: May 27, 2022, 10:08:24 PM
So... Life has kinda got in the way over the last few months. Aside from the Soldier On! Challenge I haven't really been on here lately. With that in mind, I'm giving this one last bump. If no one wants to jump in on it as it is, then I'll attempt some sort of "Great British Giveaway", to butcher an over-used naming pattern. :whistle:

Sounds like a plan. I still can't believe that nobody has chimed in on this one  :think: :dunno:

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #197 on: May 27, 2022, 10:30:26 PM
Sounds like a plan. I still can't believe that nobody has chimed in on this one  :think: :dunno:

We were let down by north of the border  :dunno:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

gb Offline MichaelGT83

• No Life Club
Reply #198 on: May 29, 2022, 05:15:55 PM
We were let down by north of the border  :dunno:

Isn't that often the case? :whistle:

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #199 on: May 29, 2022, 06:22:51 PM

gb Offline Chippyjosh

Reply #200 on: July 23, 2022, 10:31:42 AM
Is this still a thing? I have some items I could throw in

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #201 on: July 23, 2022, 10:52:49 AM
I believe this is still a thing.  Send a PM to MichaelGT83 as he was the last recipient.

gb Offline MichaelGT83

• No Life Club
Reply #202 on: July 28, 2022, 09:13:08 AM
The wheels are in motion...

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #203 on: July 28, 2022, 12:14:51 PM

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #204 on: July 28, 2022, 02:11:01 PM
Glad to see this back again!

Def

gb Offline MichaelGT83

• No Life Club
Reply #205 on: August 14, 2022, 12:13:27 PM
I've just messaged Josh, I got some news the other week which has pushed everything else into the background. But, all being well, it'll be in the post within the next week or so.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #206 on: August 14, 2022, 02:19:08 PM
I've just messaged Josh, I got some news the other week which has pushed everything else into the background. But, all being well, it'll be in the post within the next week or so.

Good news I hope!

Def

gb Offline MichaelGT83

• No Life Club
Reply #207 on: August 24, 2022, 10:19:52 PM
It's in the post! Finally. I'm hoping the wrapping stayed tight, turns out the parcel postbox was empty and it went down with a bit of a bang. :facepalm: :rofl:

gb Offline Chippyjosh

Reply #208 on: September 04, 2022, 02:25:48 PM
The parcel has been delivered to my neighbour, past few times I’ve been they’ve not been in I’ll try again tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

gb Offline MichaelGT83

• No Life Club
Reply #209 on: September 05, 2022, 08:15:36 PM
Well, at least we know where it is!

Now we need to start shaking down the rest of the forum to get the next victim participant lined up... :pok:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD