Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

recommendations on a table saw

us Offline plb38801

recommendations on a table saw
on: July 14, 2021, 03:34:02 AM
I am looking to purchase a new table saw for a home shop.  I am not a professional and mostly just a hobbyist.  Was thinking about a cabinet or a hybrid type of table saw and could use 110 or 220 volt.   Was not wanting to spend over about 2000 US.  Any suggestions you guys could offer would help out tremendously   Have been doing a little internet research but they all seem to have either motor failure problems or the fence appears to have issues.   Thank you guys in advance

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Re: recommendations on a table saw
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 09:07:45 AM
The last fifteen years before I retired I laid wood floors. I installed two thousand feet a week. I tried a lot different brands of cheep saws they were all about the same they would last me two years. The on/off switch was the first thing to go bad. But what did the saws in were the bearings. The fences were crude installing wood floors we work free hand. Now that I am retired I have a DeWalt fold up saw with wheels it has plenty of power and a nice fence it’s not a cabinet saw but it’s pretty nice. Plus it’s light and portable I bought mine on sale for four hundred dollars. My DeWalt twelve inch chop-saw and eighteen volt battery tools are still going strong After twenty five years even though the eighteen volt batteries are obsolete I am now using cheep amazon twenty volt batteries and adapters. 
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

us Offline plb38801

Re: recommendations on a table saw
Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 03:06:02 AM
thank you for your input mike    i appreciate it   heard good things about the dewalt,   may go that route and make a table to fit the saw in

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%