Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Trying to pick a sheath for work EDC?

us Offline Aryals

• New User
Trying to pick a sheath for work EDC?
on: August 07, 2021, 05:43:33 AM
Hi all! This is going to be my first post here on mt.o after being a long time creeper!

I'm an agricultural mechanic and I'm looking for a capable belt sheath to hold my work EDC. I need to fit
LM surge
Both bit cards
125mm pliers wrench
125mm cobra pliers
Swiss card
5" vise grips
Olight warrior mini 2
And a 4.25"x3"x1.5" tin

This is a really long list of demands and I'm not sure what I'm looking for exists!🤔

Any advice would be much appreciated😁

us Offline mashguy4077

Re: Trying to pick a sheath for work EDC?
Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 08:06:27 AM
I bet Maxpedition would have something that would work.

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 08:08:32 AM
That's a large enough load out that I'd be tempted to say have a look at actual tool carriers from the like of Stanley etc. Maybe the larger Skinth (Trailblazer I think it's called)  :think:

Would it be a deal breaker to have them separated out into two or three pouches/sheaths that just stay on your belt?
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 11:23:37 PM
I think that would all fit into a Skinth Magnum if Eric is still cranking them out?
If so he will also customize one for you to make it work if it is close in stock form.

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 06:51:09 PM
There are work pouches that hang too low for carrying when you're not working but will hold more, and then there are EDC organizers that are made for all day comfort but hold less.  It sounds to me like you will need a working tool organizer and they can be attached to your belt or come with their own belt.  They are often specialized by trade such as rigger's organizer, electrician's organizer, paramedic's organizer, etc.  I recall one website where you entered what you wanted to carry and they would tell you which models will fit that.  The company changed recently but I think it might now be 3M.

The working organizer there's many to choose from but they look something like this one, https://www.grainger.com/product/CLC-Black-5DYN2?opr=PDPBRDSP&analytics=dsbrItems_5LD74

The EDC pouches are often more specialized to fit what most people are willing to carry and are mostly built like this one from CLC, https://www.grainger.com/product/3HY97?ef_id=CjwKCAjwjdOIBhA_EiwAHz8xm6I_JUb8y-ponca6jyUOufkfde65nlKiLv2EZ6PvIesV5fRs2a6bqBoC9GQQAvD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!496359975538!!!g!461779184394!&gucid=N:N:PS:Paid:GGL:CSM-2295:4P7A1P:20501231&gclid=CjwKCAjwjdOIBhA_EiwAHz8xm6I_JUb8y-ponca6jyUOufkfde65nlKiLv2EZ6PvIesV5fRs2a6bqBoC9GQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
I'm not endorsing either of these, just showing different types found online.  You can also get leather pouches if you prefer.  I can tell you from experience that you may have to try several before you find one that suits you.

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 12, 2021, 11:38:25 PM
There are work pouches that hang too low for carrying when you're not working but will hold more, and then there are EDC organizers that are made for all day comfort but hold less.  It sounds to me like you will need a working tool organizer and they can be attached to your belt or come with their own belt.  They are often specialized by trade such as rigger's organizer, electrician's organizer, paramedic's organizer, etc.  I recall one website where you entered what you wanted to carry and they would tell you which models will fit that.  The company changed recently but I think it might now be 3M.

The working organizer there's many to choose from but they look something like this one, https://www.grainger.com/product/CLC-Black-5DYN2?opr=PDPBRDSP&analytics=dsbrItems_5LD74

The EDC pouches are often more specialized to fit what most people are willing to carry and are mostly built like this one from CLC, https://www.grainger.com/product/3HY97?ef_id=CjwKCAjwjdOIBhA_EiwAHz8xm6I_JUb8y-ponca6jyUOufkfde65nlKiLv2EZ6PvIesV5fRs2a6bqBoC9GQQAvD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!496359975538!!!g!461779184394!&gucid=N:N:PS:Paid:GGL:CSM-2295:4P7A1P:20501231&gclid=CjwKCAjwjdOIBhA_EiwAHz8xm6I_JUb8y-ponca6jyUOufkfde65nlKiLv2EZ6PvIesV5fRs2a6bqBoC9GQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
I'm not endorsing either of these, just showing different types found online.  You can also get leather pouches if you prefer.  I can tell you from experience that you may have to try several before you find one that suits you.

Excellent post Alan  :tu:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

Offline Scorpion Regent

Reply #6 on: August 24, 2021, 06:02:31 PM

Tool pouches targeted towards professionals make a lot of sense.  A good work pouch is designed for efficiency and reliability.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%