Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Kick Scissor Mod

Qubit · 13 · 1129

gb Offline Qubit

Kick Scissor Mod
on: September 14, 2021, 05:32:00 PM
Nothing fancy, just what it says on the tin!    Always wanted to give modding my Leatherman a bash and with some time due to illness on my hands I thought I'd have a go.   So ordered myself a set of wrenches and some scissors from a Wave and now have a Kick with some much needed scissors.  Only small adjustment I had to make was filing a small notch into the scissors so it would pass by the screwdriver next to it.   

I had to lose the lanyard, but never used it so no big deal for me.  Next on the list would be to see if I can squeeze a file in there somewhere.   Ive also plans to mod my rebar with scissors and a diamond file.  Another thing Id like to try is adding a bit holder, but not a Leatherman type, one that will take normal hex bits.    I can totally see how it would be easy to get carried away with modding! 

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Kick Scissor Mod
Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 03:08:35 AM
Great work :like: Can't wait to see what you end up doing next as well :tu: :like: :like:

:popcorn:

us Offline Adam5

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 03:12:42 AM
I can totally see how it would be easy to get carried away with modding!

I wouldn't know anything about that at all  :whistle:

Nice mod!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 04:50:01 AM
Also, welcome to  :MTO:  :cheers:

gb Offline Qubit

Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 03:41:03 PM
Thanks for the replies and kind words chaps  :D.   Rebar up next probably, parts allowing!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 04:45:47 PM
Nice mod.  Welcome to MTO  :salute:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline 4.19.93Waco

Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 04:52:45 PM
I love modding the Kick, if you want the full hex driver you can get one here that is 3d printed in metal.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/9BPFW6924/leatherman-wave-charge-rebar-1-4-quot-bit-driver?li=marketplace&optionId=155574352

If you fit a diamond file in yours keep us posted! All the files I have used so far can't clear the plier head because the teeth make it slightly thicker than the knife blade, but don't make me stop you from trying!

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #7 on: September 24, 2021, 07:44:17 PM
Nice job.
 :like:
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Reply #8 on: September 24, 2021, 10:25:44 PM
Sweet! I'll eventually give that a go on my recently acquired Kick, but with one minor difference: the scissors will replace one of the screwdrivers.
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

gb Offline Qubit

Reply #9 on: September 25, 2021, 02:33:37 PM
I love modding the Kick, if you want the full hex driver you can get one here that is 3d printed in metal.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/9BPFW6924/leatherman-wave-charge-rebar-1-4-quot-bit-driver?li=marketplace&optionId=155574352

If you fit a diamond file in yours keep us posted! All the files I have used so far can't clear the plier head because the teeth make it slightly thicker than the knife blade, but don't make me stop you from trying!

Wow, that looks cool!   I was actually wondering about the possibility of that myself.  With the Kick being so thin and further restricted due to the zytel handles i think that will be the only tool could get in one handle.  However for my Rebar plans.....

I'm certainly going to try and get a file in there!    Looking at it my current plan is to remove the can opener combo tool as I don't really have a need for it on this tool.    Then shift the philips driver to that side which should leave room for a file.  (probably the file from the Rebar once I replace that one with a Diamond one).   

Of course, if I could find a Fuse or some Fuse handles.......       

gb Offline Qubit

Reply #10 on: September 25, 2021, 02:39:40 PM
Sweet! I'll eventually give that a go on my recently acquired Kick, but with one minor difference: the scissors will replace one of the screwdrivers.

Nice one, don't forget to take photos and show us :)

gb Offline Qubit

Reply #11 on: September 25, 2021, 02:46:30 PM
Not really a mod but another thing I did to the Kick was I filed down the sharp metal and zytel bits on the ends of the handles that always dug in slightly when closing the tool.  Just made it a little nicer to use.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: September 27, 2021, 01:40:52 PM
Nice job !    :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30