Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Unkid-friendly Leatherman Leap Mod

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Unkid-friendly Leatherman Leap Mod
on: October 02, 2021, 02:10:47 AM
I haven’t seen many mods for the Leatherman Leap, but I decided try a scalpel holderwith #24 blade and believe it or not it came out pretty well.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 02:22:55 AM by pa_strunk »
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Unkid-friendly Leatherman Leap Mod
Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 02:00:57 PM
That is great, pa :woohoo: You never see mods to the Leap and I do wish that they were still in production  :ahhh Or at least something that had cane along to take its place :facepalm:

Great mod :like: :like:

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 04:28:10 PM
Thanks amigo. I wish they would have continued the line as well. I have given several away to my nephews, and have a “less dangerous” one saved for my son.
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 01:13:57 AM
The Leap is what I started my little girl out on several years ago as well :salute: she has since graduated to a BO Wave  :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 04:49:54 AM
Nice mod.  I finally got a Leap a while ago and I was impressed.  Its a nice tool and for a child its such a great starter tool. 

Leatherman bring back to Leap  :pok:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Fix8

Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 05:36:08 PM
A very nice mod. Scalpel holders are wonderful things to have. And the Leap certainly is an underrated little tool.

I have a couple of them with missing blades that I intended to perform this exact mod for, but haven't gotten around to them yet. I prefer the 60A blades, but they are definitely too long to fit within the Leap frame. It still would be a great function to be able to attach the shorter blades though.

Would you mind sharing what was used as the donor part for the holder?

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 04:21:12 PM
You need a Chinese scalpel holder (see ebay item below). I had one of these on hand, but really did not like it and noticed the width of blade holder was perfect for the leap. Just need to use a drill bit to open up the hole a little and do a small amount of grinding on the base so the liner lock will work. Be sure to let me know how it works out for you. Also let me know if you find some alternate blades that work. Best of luck, Matt

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324369433823
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 04:26:38 PM by pa_strunk »

us Offline Fix8

Reply #7 on: November 11, 2021, 09:15:35 AM
Thank you  :cheers:

I'll see what I can make of it once the holder arrives, it should make for a fun project.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%