Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Stargate SAK?

us Offline Rich S

• OLD GEEZER CLUB
Stargate SAK?
on: October 01, 2021, 08:13:43 PM
Off topic, but wondering did Col. O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson AKA Macgyver) on Stargate SG1 ever use a SAK? My Googlfoo has failed me. Only reference I find
is a black Champ used once of Stargate Atlantis.

Thanks, now back to our usual programming.  ;)
Rich
------------------
SAK Knives Matter
------------------

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Re: Stargate SAK?
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 10:10:41 PM
I remember the black champ on Atlantis, with Sheppard using it as a mirror when that Wraith was in control of the Puddle Jumper on the Desert world. In a similar circumstance O'Neil used a monocular and miniperiscope at times. I think every time he used a knife was a fixed blade.

I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was a purposeful no, he is the one that insisted that Stargate be an ensemble show, being tired of being the central character in almost every shot for MacGuyver. He may have requested no nods like a SAK out of fatigue early on.

A Swisschamp in every away team's tac vest makes sense though  :dunno:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline Rich S

• OLD GEEZER CLUB
Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 11:18:42 PM
Thanks for the reply. I do seem to recall in my searching that RDA wanted to divorce himself from the MacGyver character, so logical no SAKs. Also toward the last couple seasons of Stargate, he was only seldom the center of action. I still miss seeing MacGyver; at least Stargate is still in reruns.
------------------
SAK Knives Matter
------------------

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 11:38:07 PM
Thanks for the reply. I do seem to recall in my searching that RDA wanted to divorce himself from the MacGyver character, so logical no SAKs. Also toward the last couple seasons of Stargate, he was only seldom the center of action. I still miss seeing MacGyver; at least Stargate is still in reruns.

Towards the end he started to walk back his involvement to spend more time with his young daughter, it was actually general Hammond's actor (Don S Davis) that advised him to do that.

It's sad if that's the case though, Stargate is 100% an environment that'd have been rife for SAK use.

You can find MacGuyver easy enough online, I binged a few seasons when lockdown started  :tu:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

ca Offline Jothra

• No Life Club
  • Queen's Venturer
Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 11:42:03 PM
DVD sets, yeah! MacGyver has a bad, bad case of 80s-itis, but I love it anyway.

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Reply #5 on: October 02, 2021, 03:34:49 AM
I don't think the character did, but I believe Richard Anderson himself still frequently makes use of them. 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%