Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vic Bantam black ecoline

us Offline Aloxfan

Vic Bantam black ecoline
on: November 08, 2021, 05:24:13 PM
I see these for sale in Singapore, but nowhere else. Seems they were for SAF (Singapore Armed Forces). Anyone know if these are available in North America?

It seems the only black scale 84mm still produced today is the Recruit. Kinda lame. Wish the Walker could be purchased in black scales.

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Vic Bantam black ecoline
Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 06:46:58 PM
I see these for sale in Singapore, but nowhere else. Seems they were for SAF (Singapore Armed Forces). Anyone know if these are available in North America?

It seems the only black scale 84mm still produced today is the Recruit. Kinda lame. Wish the Walker could be purchased in black scales.

(Image removed from quote.)

Now, I'm an Alox fan but that is nice... :drool: :like:
They don't like it up 'em!

au Offline Echotech

Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 08:38:20 PM
:iagree: not seen one before :like:

Offline Maties

Reply #3 on: November 08, 2021, 08:44:39 PM
Very nice! I have never seen one of those for sale, but some time ago I purchased a used waiter with this kind of scales.

Enviat des del meu Pixel 3a usant Tapatalk

us Offline Aloxfan

Reply #4 on: November 08, 2021, 08:59:35 PM
Nice! I think the ecoline 84mm Vic’s are totally underrated.

us Offline Farmer X

• Master of the unexciting
Reply #5 on: November 08, 2021, 09:23:24 PM
I've seen those on eBay; in lots of 10 if memory serves me correctly. The nomenclature is definitely the sort a military would use. It's a neat piece that I wouldn't mind having.
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

Offline Helvetica Bold

Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 10:27:02 PM
I’ll take one off you if you pick up a job lot next time you are in Singapore!  :rofl:

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #7 on: November 08, 2021, 10:33:12 PM
I’ll take one off you if you pick up a job lot next time you are in Singapore!  :rofl:

:like: :iagree: put me down for a couple or three  :pok: :rofl:
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline Aloxfan

Reply #8 on: November 08, 2021, 10:33:54 PM
I was thinking about group buy. Two of the sites selling don’t offer shipping outside of Singapore.

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: November 09, 2021, 12:45:45 AM
I have one, but I do wish they were more widely available. Would also look great with the new black T&T.  But also in general, other frames like 111mm would look good in black with the silver hot stamp.  :dunno:
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #10 on: November 09, 2021, 09:44:20 AM

You are correct, these were SAKs Singapore Army issued to their troops after 2000 and went for about 6 usd shipped on ebay some 10 years ago. Now they issue Trailmasters I think.

au Offline Echotech

Reply #11 on: November 09, 2021, 10:05:38 AM
I was thinking about group buy. Two of the sites selling don’t offer shipping outside of Singapore.
Put me down for one if you do please Af :tu:

au Offline Echotech

Reply #12 on: November 09, 2021, 10:06:56 AM
Nice! I think the ecoline 84mm Vic’s are totally underrated.
:iagree: I’ve a couple of ecoline waiters but not in black :drool:

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: November 09, 2021, 06:43:35 PM
So the missus and I have a friend in Singapore and I like the look of this, if folks in the UK want in on something like this I could ask about shipping a lot here, they seem to be going for about £9 each on a store that came up on google. We'd just have to cover shipping costs, I have no idea how much that is  :think:

I'd love to help out the US/AU etc. folks as well, but I don't want to ask her to ship to multiple places and shipping Singapore>UK>Elsewhere would be incredibly expensive  :dunno:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline Aloxfan

Reply #14 on: November 09, 2021, 08:12:10 PM
So the missus and I have a friend in Singapore and I like the look of this, if folks in the UK want in on something like this I could ask about shipping a lot here, they seem to be going for about £9 each on a store that came up on google. We'd just have to cover shipping costs, I have no idea how much that is  :think:

I'd love to help out the US/AU etc. folks as well, but I don't want to ask her to ship to multiple places and shipping Singapore>UK>Elsewhere would be incredibly expensive  :dunno:
Ya it is certainly challenging. Hard for a cheap knife. We did this years ago for a Special Mechanic buy. Where those in North America had to pay price with shipping included. Certainly a real challenge to coordinate.

Victorinox should allow custom knife orders. Since it would be so easy to throw different scales or tools in. Insane they haven’t done this yet. The market exists for such a product.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%