Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Which Olight next?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Which Olight next?
Reply #150 on: November 02, 2021, 02:51:53 PM
Just seeing this :ahhh

Congrats on the new torches, Kev :woohoo: :like: :like:

:nanadance:         :nanadance:

ca Offline buggs

Reply #151 on: November 05, 2021, 03:19:43 PM
I've always liked the color orange so this picture shouldn't surprise me, but it did.  I was quite surprised how many orange Olights I had.  Not pictured are a Perun2 and a Seeker2 in orange, the Seeker2 being my favorite from Olight. 

In the picture new are the Swivel, i3E EOS, i5R.  The iR2 and i3T are from previous orders.

The Swivel is pretty neat as a little work light.  It is quite bright with multiple settings.  It apparently has magnets in the base, but I haven't tried them out.  I have a full halogen work light that is brighter overall, but generates significant heat and obviously requires electrical power.  The Swivel I picked up to have a smaller, cooler, portable work light for doing work at electrical outlets and the like where maybe a different flashlight on the brim of a hat doesn't cut it.  So far I like it a lot.  The magnets make sense and I suspect the intent was to attach to the hood of a car for working on the engine. Haven't tried that out though.

The i3E EOS is fine but from reports by my wife and daughter who had black versions, the top screws itself off in a purse fairly readily from the jostling around.  I replaced their lights with iR2s and no issues at all as a keychain light that way.  I didn't buy this one specifically (don't worry, I understand I still "paid" for it), it was the free gift, otherwise I wouldn't own it as I wouldn't pay for an i3E at this point.

The i5R is now my favorite EDC Olight (Seeker2 is my favorite Olight overall but for my work isn't a suitable size to carry every day).  The rechargeable battery is very nice to have but the fact it will accept any similar sized battery should there be issues with the provided battery has lots of appeal to me.  I have a fair number of i5Ts scattered around the house and they're great too but this change is nice.  Of course I could always use a rechargeable in the i5Ts but I've found the ones I've tried don't last long before needing charging.  To be fair, I haven't owned i5Rs all that long so it remains to be seen how well those batteries perform. 

* orange.jpg (Filesize: 142.27 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #152 on: November 23, 2021, 07:21:47 PM
Some very nice lights :tu: :like: :like:

I have quite a few more Olights than when I first started this thread and the orange they make is very nice  :like:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 04:16:49 AM by Poncho65 »

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #153 on: November 23, 2021, 09:14:53 PM
Some very nice lights :tu: :like: :like:

I have quite a few more Olights than when I first started this thread and the arrangement they make is very nice  :like:

Black Friday sale, grab some more...  :pok:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #154 on: November 24, 2021, 04:17:05 AM
I may :whistle: :D

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #155 on: November 24, 2021, 05:49:11 AM
I may :whistle: :D

May I recommend... everything on sale, just think of the YT videos. I guarantee I'll like them (well, I do anyway, but I'll like these twice as hard:pok:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #156 on: November 25, 2021, 10:52:24 PM
I have never done anything flashlight/ torch related because of all the technical aspects  :ahhh multitools can be technical as well but not as much as anything electronic  :whistle:

Not saying I never will but I am just way more comfortable with multitools or regular tools :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%