Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New version of the swisstool and swisstool spirit for 2022 (Pocket clip inside!)

bismouth · 157 · 13981

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Will the clip work with older tools or just the new ones ?

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
The Spirit MXBS looks good :like:

Sent fra min M2002J9G via Tapatalk

be Offline bismouth

Will the clip work with older tools or just the new ones ?

It looks like it's going to use the Corkscew location... Knowing Victorinox, I don't think the frames of the tool are different.

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
(This image seems wrong with two OH blades)
Ah, they just cheaped out and recoloured the pic of the MXBS, by the looks of it....

Does this mean Vic might consider some kind of pocket clip for other products... like a SAK, perhaps?
The Swissqlip thing isn't exactly elegant, or cheap!

be Offline bismouth

Ah, they just cheaped out and recoloured the pic of the MXBS, by the looks of it....

Actually, a MXBS version was available in silver

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Don't know if I will ever pocket carry my spirit but I still want one!

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Actually, a MXBS version was available in silver
So why did they go for black? Won't it scuff and wear and, after a year, look as tatty as a wet cat that's been dragged through a hedge backwards?

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
So why did they go for black? Won't it scuff and wear and, after a year, look as tatty as a wet cat that's been dragged through a hedge backwards?

I think it was because at first, it was for a military contract but, it came in both finishes from the start. There was a thread about it somewhere in here...

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,86832.msg2219268.html#msg2219268

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,85931.msg2177272.html#msg2177272

« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 06:45:18 PM by Juan el Boricua »

bg Offline DavisNikolov

Yes please  :gimme:
There are clips for the big one and for the spirit  :like:

• No Life Club
I hope that the pocket clip works on older models (mine's an XC from 2009); even still I've to wait as my "expendable budget" is out of whack these days... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline bobartig

Victorinox' black oxide isn't like Leatherman's. It's less dark, and a much smoother and thinner oxide layer. It appears to wear in a bit more gracefully.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/dutch-army-knife-dak-victorinox-1906274213 This is an example of a worn in swisstool. I don't think the scratches and wear look that bad.

• No Life Club

us Offline Ike582

Do any of the SwissTools have a one handed blade opening feature?
Ike

• No Life Club
As of today (from the factory), only the Spirit.

us Offline Ike582

As of today (from the factory), only the Spirit.

Thanks Juan
Ike

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Wow!  A one-handed opening blade *and* a pocket clip  :o  Welcome to the 21st century, Victorinox!   :tu:  I finally have a reason to use a Swisstool  :woohoo:

us Offline cody6268

Well, looks like I'll be selling my Wave, Charge, and Surge to be paying for one.

I like my SwissTool, and I love my Spirit XC, but the problem is that you can't open them with gloves on or one-handed. And they don't have pocket clips. Vs. my Wave, Surge, and Charge (as well as the Bond I lost, and the XC ended up replacing) that all use a universal pocket clip that I can swap between the three.

Problem is deciding which one. I like having both saw and file, which the XC has. I also like having the belt cutter blade. The XC has the butter blade, which is close. I'm probably going for the MX simply because the MXBS will definitely sell for a huge premium due to the BO.

ca Offline Jothra

• No Life Club
  • Queen's Venturer

scotland Offline Olives666

The pocket clips look nice.
Just ordered 2x BO clips, one for my BO Swiss tool and the other for my BO Spirit.
I’ll get some pics when they turn up👍

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Just ordered 2x BO clips, one for my BO Swiss tool and the other for my BO Spirit.

I just ordered one too for my Spirit X.  I want to make sure it isn't just a cheap kludge before I spend big money on a new MXBS.

• No Life Club
The Swisstool MXBS is also available — in Canada, at least. OH, yes, clip, no.

Now, this is nice to know... :drool:
 :salute:

• No Life Club

I'll be waiting for your input! :tu: :popcorn:

ph Offline Zephon

That OHO blade is a game changer!

Looking forward to feedback from those who’ll soon get their pocket clips as well!

I have the original butter blade Spirit and I’m quite eager to give it an upgrade.

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
A clip for my Swisstool is tempting (though the £20 price point, not so much  ::) ) but the OHO and clip for the spirit makes that MT far more tempting  :tu:

Anyone else feel like Leatherman just a significant amount of whatever edge they had over Vic MTs?
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
A clip for my Swisstool is tempting (though the £20 price point, not so much  ::) ) but the OHO and clip for the spirit makes that MT far more tempting  :tu:

Anyone else feel like Leatherman just a significant amount of whatever edge they had over Vic MTs?

I've had my B/O MXBS for about a year (courtesy of Elsinox  :hatsoff:) and it's superbly well made  :2tu:

The finish is not like my LM or other MTs, it is basically a mirror type finish and has shown no sign of wear  :tu:

If they did a Surge/SwissTool sized one it would be my ideal MT  :woohoo:

Now, pocket clip you say  :think: :ahhh
They don't like it up 'em!

• No Life Club
I've had my B/O MXBS for about a year (courtesy of Elsinox  :hatsoff:) and it's superbly well made  :2tu:

The finish is not like my LM or other MTs, it is basically a mirror type finish and has shown no sign of wear  :tu:

If they did a Surge/SwissTool sized one it would be my ideal MT  :woohoo:

Now, pocket clip you say  :think: :ahhh

That sounds really nice, coatings can be a bit... meh feeling though I haven't had a coated mT, just knives so far.

The design of the spirit is appealing, the Swisstool was always a bit big and cumbersome as a standalone option, but the smaller spirit, with a pocket clip and a nice coating... Dangerous  :ahhh
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
  Interesting tool. Maybe when finances improve I'll find one in silver.

The clip took some digging. It is under Accessories. Have it ordered in the US, $20 with free shipping. :D  Thank you for the lead to the clip.
  https://www.swissarmy.com/us/en/Products/Swiss-Army-Knives/Accessories/Clip-Swiss-Tool-Spirit/p/3.0240.B1
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
If this picture is accurate,then you would open one blade with your right hand but would have to open the second blade with your left hand.

You certainly couldn't open both blades with the same hand.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

• No Life Club
If this picture is accurate,then you would open one blade with your right hand but would have to open the second blade with your left hand.

You certainly couldn't open both blades with the same hand.

(Image removed from quote.)

Depending on the retention you could spydie flick it open, once you play around with a knife for a little it's easy and intuitive. Not the intended method, certainly, but it is doable and the split gives righties and lefties a blade each without needing specifically handed MTs.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%