Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cheap Leathermans on Amazon

us Online BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Cheap Leathermans on Amazon
on: November 03, 2022, 01:36:23 PM
Aylin Ozcan AYLIN (not a seller I'm familiar with) currently has Bonds and Supertools marked down considerably on Amazon. Bonds are down to $45, which isn't bad. More excitingly, Supertool 300s are at $55, which means they're cheaper than Leatherman's military/first responder/educational discount program.

Bond: https://www.amazon.com/LEATHERMAN-Multitool-Stainless-Everyday-Sheath/dp/B092XZ7TJZ/
Supertool: https://www.amazon.com/LEATHERMAN-Multitool-Premium-Replaceable-Stainless/dp/B002STLQS6

us Offline Adam5

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Cheap Leathermans on Amazon
Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 03:03:54 PM
I saw the Bond special and decided to wait until this morning to buy it. Too late  :facepalm:

I did not see the ST 300 special. I would have immediately pulled the trigger and bought one of them.

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 07:13:55 PM
Yeah that did not last long.  The Rev is currently $39.95 with free shipping on Amazon Prime, and $39.96 plus shipping on the Leatherman website. 

So you can console yourself with an entry level MT, which honestly has a pretty high level of functionality.

Still, those were good prices on the Bond and ST.

https://www.amazon.com/LEATHERMAN-Rev-Multitool-Stainless-Steel/dp/B00TQ3S3GK/ref=sr_1_5?crid=QINIR1V1MR6J&keywords=leatherman+rev&qid=1667498755&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIzLjIzIiwicXNhIjoiMS43OCIsInFzcCI6IjEuMzkifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=leatherman+rev%2Caps%2C123&sr=8-5

us Online BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 03:58:17 PM
Just an update in case this seller pops up again. It's been over a week and I still don't have tracking on my package. Amazon says it's shipped, but seller is claiming they don't have enough inventory to cover orders. They were a new seller when I bought, and several negative reviews for similar sales have popped up on their profile since then.

Technically, they still have about a week left on the estimated arrival window, so I'm going to follow up again and give them a bit more time. Untechnically, I'm pretty sure this is a scam seller. I doubt it'll be difficult to get a refund through Amazon, but still annoying.

I'll keep you awl posted, but I would say Aylin Ozcan AYLIN is probably one for the blacklist.

us Online BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 12:35:30 AM
Update 2:

It came, maybe?

Last night the tracking updated as shipped via UPS, but with a FedEx number. FedEx reported a label creation in Oregon, but no shipment, ETA Saturday the 19th (2 days late for the initial estimate.)

Came home tonight to find a smallish package from Lowe's addressed to me on the doorstep. I vaguely hoped it might be the Supertool, but figured it was probably a holiday/loyalty doodad from Lowe's. I bought some stuff for a project there a couple weekends ago, and thought they might be sending me a crappy screwdriver set or something to try and entice me to do some Christmas shopping, as companies sometimes do.

I opened it up and found a Leatherman box inside. Box was slightly scuffed up, but not beyond normal mailing or to a degree that'd cause me any concern. Supertool inside is in perfect order. Looks legit w/ proper date codes in the handles, etc. The only weirdness (besides the shipping issues) was a black box sheath in the package. Feels like pleather? Does LM make a pleather sheath right now? I don't see one on the website. The one on Amazon is listed w/ the black nylon sheath, so that's a bit odd. Labeled from Mexico, which I know is correct for at least some of LM's sheaths.

At this point, I can only assume it is the Supertool I ordered from Amazon. That or someone sent me a surprise gift, but I assume I'd have gotten a message about it.

Still not sure exactly what's going on. Did Aylin simply get too many orders to fill and order me one from Lowe's (that could explain the mismatched sheath)? Are they a Lowe's employee making creative use of their discount to try and run a drop shipping business on the side?

Overall, assuming this is the ST I ordered, I would consider buying from them again. At $55 bucks, including shipping (that arrived in under 2 weeks and on time) that's a pretty good deal. I did have to send them a couple messages, so I don't know if someone who was less naggy would've had the same luck. For almost half off, I'm willing to send a couple emails. Amazon is easy enough to get refunds on if there's an issue, in my experience, to roll the dice. Would not buy from them at less than 40% off though.

Will update if/when the other package arrives (or shows as delivered) and/or someone fesses up to buying me a Supertool.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%