Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG Powerlitre corkscrew removal

Offline Frego

• New User
SOG Powerlitre corkscrew removal
on: January 04, 2023, 05:24:18 PM
Well, looks like i made a mistake choosing Powerlitre instead of PowerPint, so i wonder if it possible to replace corkscrew with some other tool or atleast remove without cutting if off.

Offline Dr. Ive

• New User
Re: SOG Powerlitre corkscrew removal
Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 10:11:28 PM
I had the same idea. I wanted to have the Powerlitre for the closing mechanism, in part because PP and PL open so smoothly that it's impossible to have them hanging from the keyring, and in part because for some accessories which might be fit in the hole where the bits go, it would be better to have the closing mechanism so not to have to keep it squeezed all the time.
But I noticed that it's not possible to remove the corkscrew, so I decided to go for the Powerpint. I simply tightened the screws for the pliers so it doesn't open anymore so easily (I have it hanging from my keyring), and I'll just squeeze when it will be needed. After all it's not my main MT (that's the LM Surge). I have this just in case because the LM Squirt is just a toy and I hate non-lockable stuff.
I'm afraid you can only remove the corkscrew with a drill bit in the rivet, or with a metal saw. But I do not see how you could fit something else instead.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%