Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ongoing quest for EDC Keychain perfection

Offline bryan123

Ongoing quest for EDC Keychain perfection
on: January 10, 2023, 04:10:19 PM
This is my current Keychain setup although my Micra often occupies the Mini locking S-Biner where the Classic SD is.

Airplane friendly items are on the FreeKey. Olight, pill fob and sometimes a mini Sharpie or a Fox 40 whistle.  The main ring is a Lucky Line Twisty. 

Questions and comments welcome.

* Compress_20230110_100359_9970.jpg (Filesize: 62.31 KB)

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Re: Ongoing quest for EDC Keychain perfection
Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 05:59:59 PM
Does it work for you?

I really like the twisty key keeper.  Don't see them too much anymore.  I also prefer a Victorinox Rambler to the Classic due to the inclusion of the combo tool with the Phillips driver.  I carried a Micra for years, so that's a good choice.
The only thing that I'd say you're missing is a small pry tool.    I like the Gerber Shard.  It's small, and has larger screw drivers.

Remember, what works for me may not work for you. 
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

Offline bryan123

Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 07:40:36 PM
Does it work for you?

I really like the twisty key keeper.  Don't see them too much anymore.  I also prefer a Victorinox Rambler to the Classic due to the inclusion of the combo tool with the Phillips driver.  I carried a Micra for years, so that's a good choice.
The only thing that I'd say you're missing is a small pry tool.    I like the Gerber Shard.  It's small, and has larger screw drivers.

Remember, what works for me may not work for you.

Thanks!

I have a Gerber Shard but it lives in my briefcase because it stabs me when it's on my keys.  I will put a Nite Ize Doohickey pry thingie on my keyring if I'm not carrying a larger SAK or multitool with a large flat bit driver that can pry.  My prying needs are pretty basic.

Over the last year or so I've tried a bunch of keychain size tools to determine what has the most utility for me.

My LL Bean winter jacket has an integrated microfiber cloth so in the nice weather I put one of those keychain sized microfiber pouches on my keys.

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 04:59:09 AM
Bryan123, you have a good key chain setup that can cover a lot of bases. I'll have to look at the Doohickey, but I also found the EOS TiShark. That could be a good key chain pry tool, if maybe a little on the long side.
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 04:39:27 PM
I posted a little info under the other keychain post you posted, but it’s kinda important in regards to that pill fob..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Offline bryan123

Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 03:41:30 PM
Here is my Keychain configured for today.  I've already used the Doohickey to open boxes today.  Later today I'm mailing a package and will use the mini sharpie to write the address on the box.

Compress_20230112_083531_1294.jpg
* Compress_20230112_083531_1294.jpg (Filesize: 64.24 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 03:46:51 PM
Good call on the Sharpie.  I really love having one with me as well.  Also  :tu: on the locking S biners. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #7 on: January 12, 2023, 05:54:59 PM
I carried one of the Doohickey tools for a long time until I saw the Doohickey+.  I've had to use the Phillips driver more than a couple times on my wheelchair.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD