Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Five Favorite Watches

us Offline DIAMOND

• Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits
Five Favorite Watches
on: July 25, 2023, 02:39:24 PM
Watches have always held a fascination with me since I was old enough to notice them. My eyes and attention have always been drawn to what people have on their wrists, especially old-school diver models with rotating bezels.

Although I don't possess any of the aforementioned models at the time of writing this, here are some of my favorite watches I currently wear. Many of them are special due to who gave them to me, while others because I was able to obtain them for a super bargain price.

* fivefavs.jpg (Filesize: 84.68 KB)
MTs: Gerber Dime, Gerber Suspension NXT, PLeatherman Wave, Misc China Cheapos

SAKs: Vic Climber, Vic Classic SD, Vic Classic (non-SD), Engraved 3-blade SAK (given to me as a gift)

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Re: Five Favorite Watches
Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 04:16:00 PM
That's a good solid lineup Diamond  :tu:
Barry

us Offline DIAMOND

Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023, 04:34:10 PM
That's a good solid lineup Diamond  :tu:

Thanks, Barry, I appreciate it!

SAKs: Vic Climber, Vic Classic SD, Vic Classic (non-SD), Engraved 3-blade SAK (given to me as a gift)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #3 on: July 25, 2023, 05:13:41 PM
Nice, I guess I’ll have to take a pic of my fav five,,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline DIAMOND

Reply #4 on: July 25, 2023, 06:18:22 PM
Nice, I guess I’ll have to take a pic of my fav five,,
JR

For sure. Can't have too many watch posts.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: July 25, 2023, 07:27:02 PM
For sure. Can't have too many watch posts.
Lol, ah huh,,
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: July 25, 2023, 08:08:25 PM
Watches have always held a fascination with me since I was old enough to notice them. My eyes and attention have always been drawn to what people have on their wrists, especially old-school diver models with rotating bezels.

Although I don't possess any of the aforementioned models at the time of writing this, here are some of my favorite watches I currently wear. Many of them are special due to who gave them to me, while others because I was able to obtain them for a super bargain price.

Nice collection  :tu: Awarded  :salute:
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: July 25, 2023, 08:19:45 PM
Ok, here’s the collection, I circled the five fav,,
JR

* IMG_2029.jpg (Filesize: 99.74 KB)

* IMG_2026.jpg (Filesize: 120.59 KB)

* IMG_2028.jpg (Filesize: 102.5 KB)

us Offline DIAMOND

Reply #8 on: July 25, 2023, 08:38:46 PM
Ok, here’s the collection, I circled the five fav,,
JR

Fun group! Thanks for sharing.

Is the top black digital a 5600 with reverse display?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: July 25, 2023, 11:37:46 PM
Fun group! Thanks for sharing.

Is the top black digital a 5600 with reverse display?
No, I believe it’s the GXW56, just simple solar and BIG! But yes in reverse display,
JR

us Offline DIAMOND

Reply #10 on: July 26, 2023, 02:46:25 AM
No, I believe it’s the GXW56, just simple solar and BIG! But yes in reverse display,
JR

I just looked at comparison pictures between the two. Wow, that watch is huge! I'll bet it's fun to wear.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: July 26, 2023, 03:19:37 AM
I just looked at comparison pictures between the two. Wow, that watch is huge! I'll bet it's fun to wear.
Oh yeah it’s a tank, but after getting used to wearing a dive watch like the yellow one underneath it, it’s like nothing, but yeah it’s big,
JR

us Offline DIAMOND

Reply #12 on: July 26, 2023, 01:21:21 PM
Oh yeah it’s a tank, but after getting used to wearing a dive watch like the yellow one underneath it, it’s like nothing, but yeah it’s big,
JR

I completely understand. Weight is definitely different than size when wearing a watch. I can wear a large plastic watch much more comfortable than a comparatively smaller but heavier watch... Except when wearing long leaves. Then, the fat watch bothers me more.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: July 26, 2023, 02:43:07 PM
Yeah, I can’t do the long sleeves, the only long sleeve I wear is the jacket, the nice thing with the heavier one is there a little loose and easy to shake on the wrist, unlike the just large, there light and more tightened, so not so easy to shake..
JR

us Offline DIAMOND

Reply #14 on: July 26, 2023, 03:27:27 PM
I completely understand. I shake my heavies and plastic, I just don't get the movement I want with the lighter weight ones.

The weight of the heavier watches is satisfying, but I also enjoy the invisible feel of one that weighs next to nothing.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: July 26, 2023, 05:16:24 PM
Idk, I kinda like the heavy feel but then again it’s nice without the weight, that’s why I kinda like that large gshock, cause not only is it solar, but it’s large like the dive watch but not as heavy but still gives a little weight to it, although that other gshock is a little smaller and odiously weighs less, that’s not only solar but also atomic, so you just don’t have to do anything..
JR

us Offline DIAMOND

Reply #16 on: July 26, 2023, 05:28:16 PM
Thus the saying, Variety is the spice of life.

Attomics are pretty fascinating. I had a clock for years. I've never had an atomic watch, but I like the accuracy aspect of them. Unless you're the kind of person who likes to set their watch 10 mins fast so you're never late.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: July 26, 2023, 06:48:55 PM
Thus the saying, Variety is the spice of life.

Attomics are pretty fascinating. I had a clock for years. I've never had an atomic watch, but I like the accuracy aspect of them. Unless you're the kind of person who likes to set their watch 10 mins fast so you're never late.
So true, my bedroom clock is also atomic along with weather, yet the Mrs would use a normal and do like you said and keep it like 5min ahead of actual time, but then she got an Alexa clock and well, you can’t screw with the timing on it since it’s directly connected,, so oh well..
JR

us Offline DIAMOND

Reply #18 on: July 26, 2023, 07:41:11 PM
So true, my bedroom clock is also atomic along with weather, yet the Mrs would use a normal and do like you said and keep it like 5min ahead of actual time, but then she got an Alexa clock and well, you can’t screw with the timing on it since it’s directly connected,, so oh well..
JR

For sure. That's like a cell phone. I guess technically you can manually set the time on a phone, but most just let it take care of it itself.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%