Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Recommend a shoulder bag

Offline Nihiluan

• New User
Recommend a shoulder bag
on: September 21, 2023, 01:53:50 AM
I'm looking for a shoulder bag that's not too big. Can you recommend something new style but functional that is not too boomer? I really liked the Victorinox ones but they were too big. It was 27 cm.

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Recommend a shoulder bag
Reply #1 on: September 23, 2023, 08:24:12 AM
Maxpedition Versapack or 5 11 push pack off the top of my head.  If you look at them I'm sure Google will recommend similar bags from other makers.

Offline sanman

Reply #2 on: September 23, 2023, 08:21:35 PM
I'm looking for a shoulder bag that's not too big. Can you recommend something new style but functional that is not too boomer? I really liked the Victorinox ones but they were too big. It was 27 cm.

Adidas Sling crossbody bags
there were a couple iterations of older versions too

any of those fitness brands might have something, or Camelbak had one at least
I could check a bit, but you could try looking for the word 'sling' or 'crossbody'

the adidas, at least the version i have, has a really coarse huge zipper that opens very smoothly without much force (plastic) but still feels heavy duty
the straps are like seatbelt straps
and it has a bunch of really practical pouches and zippers and little slip pouch in every nook and cranny
at least the version i got

usually lots of larger bags have one or two decent pouches i might use
but this has a bunch

it's adjustable strap also, weaves back through the loop thing like a seatbelt, so you double it up, or pull more out, if that makes sense
it has a clip to attach the bottom, so you can switch it from left shoulder to right shoulder orientation

only thing about this kind of bag i can think to mention is they're not as maneuverable to rotate the bag in front to access, without fully removing the bag
they can, but it's just a bit cumbersome if the bag is sideways. it actually does work though.

and the bag sits tight enough can even jog a bit probably

Offline sanman

Reply #3 on: September 23, 2023, 09:00:55 PM

oh and these are on sale
it attaches around your shoulder and sets around your chest or something
put it on over the head, sets a bit below the chest

https://www.nixon.com/products/bandit-bag-charcoal
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 09:40:39 PM by sanman »

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 29, 2023, 10:00:17 AM
Do you have any other details or features that you are looking for.

Size - small to just hold the basics or similar backpack size or something in between

By shoulder bag are you meaning Murse (man-purse), messenger, or sling (fanny pack worn cross body)

What are you want to carry in it?
Style - elegant/office, outdoorsy, tacticool
Material preference?
Price Range?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #5 on: September 29, 2023, 03:16:13 PM
Do you have any other details or features that you are looking for.

Size - small to just hold the basics or similar backpack size or something in between

By shoulder bag are you meaning Murse (man-purse), messenger, or sling (fanny pack worn cross body)

What are you want to carry in it?
Style - elegant/office, outdoorsy, tacticool
Material preference?
Price Range?

Yeah, it really depends on “what” and “how much” you plan on carrying, lastly would be the type of bag after you figure out the first two.. cause bags are like tools, every company makes their own line, but if you want a specific tool one company always has the best of that specific type!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%