Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vosteed Racoon WMK Exclusive

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Vosteed Racoon WMK Exclusive
on: October 25, 2023, 12:52:24 AM
I've become quite the fan of Vosteed knives, whether it be the designs, price point, or customer service, they don't disappoint. The last few months things have seemed to really ramp up and, I'm finding it hard to keep track of all they have going on. The amount of new knives and prototypes being shown are crazy. On top of those fresh designs, Vosteed does exclusive releases for White Mountain Knives.

White Mountain has been selling  since 2005, their focus is to bring you low prices and excellent customer service. Vosteed worked with the retailer to create an exclusive version of their popular model the Racoon. The Racoon is an everyday carry knife that features a drop point style blade, with a button lock.  What's changed, or improved with this exclusive model? Let's take a look.

For those unfamiliar with the Racoon, it has an overall length of 7.63", with a handle length of 4.35", and a blade that's 3.37". The Racoon typically has a smooth micarta handle, I love micarta, and it's texture reminds me of worn fabric. The WM version features Vosteed's frag patterned micarta. I had the opportunity to check out their frag pattern when I reviewed the Gator. The frag offers greater texture than the standard micarta without tearing up your hands or pockets. The Racoon already has great ergonomics, and is super comfortable, simply changing the texture has made a great knife even better.

In addition to handle texture, Vosteed added a cross-bar lock. The Racoon model has had both a liner lock as well as a button lock, it seemed only fitting to upgrade this well loved model. The cross-bar lock is the company's take on the Benchmade Axis Lock. Since the patent for the lock is expired, it's been implemented by just about every company in the industry. I feel it couldn't have come at a better time, there's so many new companies in the market, and it gets that legendary lock in more hands. The beauty of the cross-bar lock is it's simplicity, it's easy to operate one handed, and it's ambidextrous. The company took the lock one step further, they have designed the lock with adjustable tension. Changing the force needed to disengage the lock, is as simple as moving the spring backwards or forwards from the lock. Disassembly is required, thankfully the Racoon is super easy to maintenance on.

The Racoon is a staple in the company's lineup, and it continues to be praised by it's users. I feel the changes made are not just another coat or paint like some companies do, but improvements on an already great design. If your looking for a solid EDC knife, one that screams use me, and a price that won't break the bank, check out the exclusive White Mountain Knives Racoon.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD