Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vosteed Chipmunk

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Vosteed Chipmunk
on: January 17, 2024, 01:03:05 AM
The people at Vosteed are always busy releasing new products. Although it may seem like they release something new every month, I know this is an exaggeration. During the Christmas season, I received a package from Vosteed that contained a variety of items, including a new knife called the Chipmunk.

This little knife is cute, sharp, and compact. It has a blade length of 2.64 inches, an overall length of 6.15 inches, and weighs only 2.53 ounces. At first glance, it reminded me of a mini Sebenza. It's a well-designed knife that is deceptively small. Once you hold it in your hand, you realize just how compact it is. The handle is made of nicely milled and contoured G10 material with no hard angles. The liner lock cutout is quite pronounced, which is a good thing because it provides a solid grip for your hand to lock into. Despite its small size, it's easy to handle and control.

The blade is made of 14C28N, which is a budget super steel that I've grown to appreciate. The modified drop point shape is perfect for everyday tasks and has a great tip for detail cuts, despite lacking a lot of belly. The small size of the blade makes it ideal for those who live in states or countries with strict knife laws. Although I live in a place where I can legally carry almost anything, I still appreciate the compact size of the Chipmunk.

This knife is a true Vosteed product, featuring three deployment methods: thumb stud, front flipper, and rear flipper. I found front flipper deployment to be a bit tricky, but I think that's due to the size of my hands compared to the knife.

Overall, the knife performed well in all the tasks I put it to, mainly opening packages. I usually prefer knives with blade lengths of 3.5 to 4 inches, as they provide me with plenty of blade for everyday tasks, and the handle fits my average-sized hands. The Chipmunk is a great compact blade that should be popular with many people. It's also size-friendly for many regions and budgets. I love the design and hope that Vosteed will release a Chipmunk XL in the future.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

us Offline AzteCypher

Re: Vosteed Chipmunk
Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 05:51:15 AM
That's not a bad looking knife to carry as a small spare.  I'm liking those G10 scales.
May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Click here for cool free stuff from the Surpise Box GAW!

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award
-for most trains repaired using classic

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21