Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Executive?

Poncho65 · 309 · 37147

de Offline Storky

• A happy fart never comes from a miserable ass.
Re: Victorinox Executive?
Reply #120 on: March 02, 2016, 01:44:20 PM
In the past I edc an Executive very often. At the moment the CT41 is my main EDC
but I carry something similar in my backpocket for smaller tasks  :whistle:
Zwilling_Friodur_004.jpg
* Zwilling_Friodur_004.jpg (Filesize: 109.35 KB)

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #121 on: March 02, 2016, 03:27:26 PM
Has anyone found a solution to the lack of cap lifter? I'm planning on gifting one to my girlfriend but it really needs a cap lifter. I saw Enki_ck had formed one in the file (here). Any other solutions?

For a caplifter I cut a notch at the base of the orange peeler as described in The Swiss Army Knife Owner's Manual
but I find it is easier to open bottles with the tip of the scissors:  set the tip of the fixed blade into a crimp of the cap and pry outward, repeat a couple times on around the cap.  Not fast I can wait a moment for a cold brew.  But yeah I wish it had a dedicated caplifter like Vic's Manager.
(...)

Any pics of that? I'm curious...

:think:

+1

us Offline neillcurrie

• Wanted: SpydeWrench
Reply #122 on: March 02, 2016, 05:11:06 PM
I ground a Bottle Opener notch into the base of my Orange Peeler blade. Works fine.
I also made a small sheath for the scraper portion of the blade: don't want that blade closing dangerously when using the screwdriver tip. The sheath fits inside the knife completely when closed, I made it from a piece of electrical shrink tubing, also the cocoon.
IMG_0026.JPG
* IMG_0026.JPG (Filesize: 202.2 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #123 on: March 02, 2016, 08:31:54 PM
I ground a Bottle Opener notch into the base of my Orange Peeler blade. Works fine.
I also made a small sheath for the scraper portion of the blade: don't want that blade closing dangerously when using the screwdriver tip. The sheath fits inside the knife completely when closed, I made it from a piece of electrical shrink tubing, also the cocoon.

That is a very good solution for the people that need a cap lifter :tu: I also like the safety of that sheath you made :salute:

nz Offline KiwiMark

Reply #124 on: March 04, 2016, 07:33:12 AM
Has anyone found a solution to the lack of cap lifter? I'm planning on gifting one to my girlfriend but it really needs a cap lifter. I saw Enki_ck had formed one in the file (here). Any other solutions?

Easy:
Apart from the Executive in your pocket also have on your keyring a Manager or Rambler - problem solved!
"Mr. Carl Elsener and his Victorinox brand of knives is the undisputed king of knives in the world today."

- Sal Glesser (Bladeforums - 8 Jan 2011)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #125 on: June 22, 2016, 07:39:45 PM
Figured I would add this pic to this thread as well  :cheers:

The backdrop is Jura Stone ( German or Bavarian limestone) that we are setting :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #126 on: July 20, 2016, 12:58:36 PM
Just noticed this thread: another executive lover/EDCer here!
I'll share some pics of mine (it's broken, though, so you won't see any scissors!)

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #127 on: September 14, 2016, 05:08:04 AM
:think: I believe I am gonna have to get the old Executive back out and carry it some :cheers: It served me for so many years it deserves a little pocket time I believe :tu:

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #128 on: September 14, 2016, 12:55:13 PM
I'm really happy with mine. I got two, one to experiment on and one I'm planning on gifting. Adding a cap-lifter to the orange peeler is a good way to get extra use out of the tool.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #129 on: September 14, 2016, 01:28:00 PM
I like the Executive and I have it permanently in my travel shaving essentials bag (which I use at home too). I use it at least weekly, have used everything save the orange peeler (oranges are among the few things you can't find in our bathroom).
If there was a kind of Executivechamp I would buy that too.

us Offline Mizedog

• Mizedog
Reply #130 on: September 14, 2016, 02:53:13 PM
I like mine,  but ye scissor spring keeps moving to the side,  and off the scissors which quickly collapses the scissors,  and doesn't let them reopen. Does anyone else have this problem?  This doesn't happen with my money clip which is the same  size. This issue causes enough frustration that I don't carry the knife.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #131 on: September 14, 2016, 02:58:25 PM
I like mine,  but ye scissor spring keeps moving to the side,  and off the scissors which quickly collapses the scissors,  and doesn't let them reopen. Does anyone else have this problem?  This doesn't happen with my money clip which is the same  size. This issue causes enough frustration that I don't carry the knife.

Have had this happen some ;) but over the years have used them alot though and not had the problem much :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #132 on: September 14, 2016, 02:58:49 PM
I like the Executive and I have it permanently in my travel shaving essentials bag (which I use at home too). I use it at least weekly, have used everything save the orange peeler (oranges are among the few things you can't find in our bathroom).

An ExecutiveChamp sounds very nice to me :dd: :like: :like:

us Offline getahl

Reply #133 on: September 14, 2016, 11:32:32 PM
Haven't seen the book...how does one grind a cap lifter into the executive? Dremel? Hacksaw?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

us Offline Thales of Miletus

Reply #134 on: September 14, 2016, 11:54:45 PM
I love the executive, but don't carry it as often as I'd like.  I did take it to the hospital when my wife was giving birth because I knew it would be hospital friendly, and ended up fixing the delivery tub drain system with it. 

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #135 on: September 15, 2016, 12:26:39 AM
Haven't seen the book...how does one grind a cap lifter into the executive? Dremel? Hacksaw?

Dremel would be my guess :tu: Mark it with a Sharpie and cut slowly :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #136 on: September 15, 2016, 01:36:56 AM

I did it with cut-off disks in a Dremel. I had the cutout from a 58mm for guide (printed from the Internet) but it was also really helpful to have a scrap sheet of steel to try it on (it's abit too expensive to mess up) as well as a few bottles to check that it fits and works (just remember that too many tries might impare your motor skills :cheers:).

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #137 on: September 15, 2016, 04:45:27 AM
20140503_130806_zpsmzr2redd.jpg
* 20140503_130806_zpsmzr2redd.jpg (Filesize: 22.24 KB)

us Offline cali-SAK-attack

• No Life Club
Reply #138 on: September 15, 2016, 04:56:38 AM
 8) :like: 8)
***CLICK on my pics to see actual sized photo :)

us Offline getahl

Reply #139 on: September 15, 2016, 05:06:16 AM
Thanks, Fortytwo. Might try that with a set of tiny files I have and a beater alox Exec.

That's pretty awesome, PTRSak. Be nice of that were production, not custom.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #140 on: September 15, 2016, 10:40:30 AM

I had the same scissors problem

never got to fix it, but with the years I've just learned to love the executive as the "little problematic one" in that regard.
Carried yesterday and today, in fact. I like it so much it is carried almost as much as my Salt, which is every darn day!  :like:

http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t562/ThePeacent/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-09/CAM04744_zpsi1wombv7.jpg
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #141 on: September 15, 2016, 12:05:13 PM

And a pretty expensive custom at that.

Admitidly there were a lot of parts left over but the donors for this build included an Executive, a Money Clip, a Wenger Pocket Tool Chest, a Rambler, a Spartan and a Rover with Emergency Blade.

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #142 on: September 15, 2016, 12:50:17 PM
Thanks, Fortytwo. Might try that with a set of tiny files I have and a beater alox Exec.

This is my topic on the question over in the mod squad subforum. It might not be super helpful but there some info on the mod and some links.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #143 on: September 15, 2016, 01:12:16 PM

Where's the hook?  :twak:

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #144 on: September 15, 2016, 07:48:43 PM
One thing to note, before everyone goes cutting a bottle opener into the peeler: That is the part of the shank that handles the torque load for the screwdriver tip. So if you ever want to use the screwdriver to apply any decent amount of torque, forget this mod.
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #145 on: September 23, 2016, 02:58:18 AM
Here's a trip down memory lane.... Browsing through the guestbook on SAKcollector.com I found my own entry of more than ten years ago:

"Two pieces of fruit every day are essential for a good health. Enter the Executive. Its two long and slender blades are ideally shaped for slicing apples and peeling oranges. This little gem is THE fruitknife for SAK fruitcakes."

Things have changed. Between then and now I worked three years for a large multinational company trading mostly citrus fruit and banananas (I know how to spell it, just not when to stop) where I learned eating oranges the farmer's way: simply quartering them and gnawing the flesh out of the peel. Not exactly good manners, but it works. No need for peeling. Anyhow, these days I don't do either. Squeezing oranges for their juice is my preferred method now.

At the time I liked the Executive very much. Still do, I have three of them and although I do not carry one there's always one within reach on my desk.

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #146 on: September 23, 2016, 03:27:29 PM
Things have changed. Between then and now I worked three years for a large multinational company trading mostly citrus fruit and banananas (I know how to spell it, just not when to stop) where I learned eating oranges the farmer's way: simply quartering them and gnawing the flesh out of the peel. Not exactly good manners, but it works. No need for peeling.

Also the traditional method of eating your half-time orange for football (soccer) players!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #147 on: September 23, 2016, 04:49:46 PM
I believe I will carry my Executive cause of this thread this weekend :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:like:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #148 on: September 23, 2016, 06:05:04 PM
I believe I will carry my Executive cause of this thread this weekend :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Mine just lives on my keys. :)
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #149 on: September 23, 2016, 08:30:26 PM

Mine just lives on my keys. :)

Hahah mine too  :cheers:

My toys:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%