Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Powerplier problem

Sean · 5 · 1444

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Powerplier problem
on: February 17, 2009, 03:23:31 AM
Hey guys any idea's on how to tighten the nut so it won't come loose on my Powerpliers?  I just bought them the other day and exchanged the file for a saw and a couple of other tools that I'll actually use.  I did put quite a bit of new "thread lock" into the hole to try and get the nut to stay put but it just keeps getting loose again.  I'm wondering if I should just exchange the lanyard ring for a small lock washer?  Thanks.

sean
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 03:27:25 AM by Sean »

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Re: Powerplier problem
Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 03:26:14 AM
ive heard that lock-tide is the weapon of choice in those cases, never tried myself tho.......
A

Offline Nutznboltz

Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 03:34:46 AM
Use removable Loctite threadlocker ( blue colour ),  first clean the threads of any old compound and grease, then add a dab in the female side and assemble them.   I do this every time I change components and never had an issue with the hex bolts coming loose.   Give it a try. :tu:

Offline Nutznboltz

Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 03:48:17 AM
Hey guys any idea's on how to tighten the nut so it won't come loose on my Powerpliers?  I just bought them the other day and exchanged the file for a saw and a couple of other tools that I'll actually use.  I did put quite a bit of new "thread lock" into the hole to try and get the nut to stay put but it just keeps getting loose again.  I'm wondering if I should just exchange the lanyard ring for a small lock washer?  Thanks.

sean

Sean , did you get an original powerplier with the "flat nose" ? ,  I don't remember getting a lanyard ring with mine.

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 04:12:10 AM
hey guys I fixed it.  I drowned the thing in lock-tight but it didn't work.  but what I did was took the whole bolt assembly out and reversed it and it worked.  You no longer see the nut turning with the tools everytime you try to extract one of them.  Thanks for the input though.

I have the needlenose units not the blunt one's.  Just about had a blunt pair the other day but was outbid. :)

sean

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD