Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

2009 movies

Pacu · 34 · 3194

Poll

What movie are you looking forward to in 2009?

Harry Potter
Transformers 2
Xmen-Wolverine
GI Joe-Rise of Cobra
Watchmen
other

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
2009 movies
on: February 27, 2009, 09:39:21 PM
Looks like a good year for movies. What's your pick?  Besides those above i wanna see Inglourious Basterds and Land of the Lost with Will Ferell
:like:    :MTO:

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Re: 2009 movies
Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 09:43:01 PM
what, no watchmen? :think:
A

us Offline Pacu

Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 09:48:36 PM
whoops   i missed that one    **fixed**

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 09:54:49 PM

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 09:56:06 PM
voted :tu:
A

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 10:01:16 PM
Star Trek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 10:04:34 PM
Star Trek's the ONLY film I'll be seeing this year :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline Pacu

Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 10:13:06 PM
not a big fan of JJ Abrams.....might see it though anyway.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 10:15:39 PM
I wanna see them all :ahhh why can't I pick more than 1 :ahhh :D

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 10:21:43 PM
I wanna see them all :ahhh why can't I pick more than 1 :ahhh Grin
Me too. I really look forward to Star Trek and would like to see Angels and Demons as well. I enjoyed the book.
"

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 10:24:21 PM
Wolverine gets my vote.  Gonna try to get the inlaws to watch the boy so we can go on opening night.  Transformers looks good as well, and the wife is waiting for Harry Potter.

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 11:46:50 PM
None really.
(

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 12:46:42 AM
Terminator IV: Salvation
 :ahhh

EDIT: Hey, is that a Surefire on his rifle?
[

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 12:49:55 AM
LOL that gun(5.56) wouldn't do that much damage.
(

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 01:50:08 AM
From the early trailers I can't wait to see what Watchmen looks like.  A great book that I never thought would make it to the big screen.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 01:52:40 AM
LOL that gun(5.56) wouldn't do that much damage.

...neither would that knife he has on his right gauntlet, especially against the T-800s :D
[

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 02:21:06 AM
From the early trailers I can't wait to see what Watchmen looks like.  A great book that I never thought would make it to the big screen.

Unfortunately, I expect it will flop hard.  I too am looking forward to it, but non mainstream heroes don't usually make it at the box office.  Look at the Phantom, the Shadow, Dolph Lundgren's Punisher, the numerous Captain America movies... sure they weren't terribly well written or acted, but then, neither were the current Hulk movies and yet they made enough money to make a second one.

Unfortunately, other than Batman and Superman, DC doesn't have a lot of top tier superheroes that would survive on the big screen.  Green Lantern would seem pretty lame (power rings were soooo 70's), Wonder Woman would probably be attacked by feminist groups (where's the rest of her costume?), how would you film the Flash (who runs faster than the camera could follow!), Martian Manhunter...?  Come on....

Marvel characters are a bit better thought out, and while DC might have the top two spandex guys, Marvel has the next ten or so, which is why they can crank out bigger, better movies.  Don't believe me?

:D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 02:48:31 AM
I think the Shadow is better suited for the radio than the movies...
(

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: February 28, 2009, 02:51:09 AM
And the Phantom was best suited to the daily comics in the newspapers....

But I actually liked that movie, horrid as it was.

Billy Zane is actually a really good actor.  It's too bad he doesn't seem to act much...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: February 28, 2009, 02:56:55 AM
I remember the Captain America movie from when I was a kid. I really liked it then. I'll have to watch it again to see if I'll still like it.
"

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #21 on: February 28, 2009, 03:19:54 AM
Wasn't that a straight to video release?  Or was it even released at all?

Captain America isn't a great character for the big screen either, and I'd think would lose some because of his anti gun sentiment.  Plus now that Steve Rogers is actually dead (for real this time, supposedly) I am not sure how much I could enjoy it, despite Cap being one of my favorite heroes.

Still, the Avengers cartoons they came out with in the last few years were pretty cool, and Captain America played a significant part.  Mind you, he was also interacting, which is what they need to do with the Hulk, so I'm hoping the Avengers movie will be better than the individual Hulk movies. 

The Hulk was a terrible choice for a movie.  For being an absurdly powerful mental midget, the Hulk is too complex a character for a two hour movie.  The Hulk isn't about a 15 foot high green monster that destroys everything in sight, it's a story like Jeckyl and Hyde, where a good man wrestles with a monster inside of him.  Unfortunately, it's a very hard thing to show depth and history as well as hope for the future in two hours, while also satisfying the public's desire to see a good old fashioned HULK SMASH!  They should have done a trilogy or something, where they could have really explored Bruce Banner.... like they did in the 70's TV show, which, since it was ongoing, managed to look at deeper issues.  If you have ever seen the old episodes of the Hulk, they were basically 30-40 minutes of Bill Bixby trying to deal with a problem, either internal or external, followed by five minutes of a green painted Lou Ferrigno painted green and grunting at people, followed by Bill having to leave town before anyone discovers the green monster was really him.

Just since we are getting a little too serious, ever notice the similarities between the Hulk and Captain Kirk's green girlfriends? 

Similar hairdo, same shade of green, identical eyebrows....

I think Bruce Banner is Kirk's illegitimate love child, angry because his father sent him back in time to avoid having to go to his little league games!  :D

Def

us Offline EZ822

Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009, 03:42:32 AM
I dont know if anyone here has read The Road but the film adaptation is coming out this spring. It is a phenomenal book and I hope the film does it justice.
Erick

us Offline cgjones

Reply #23 on: February 28, 2009, 05:21:42 AM
I dont know if anyone here has read The Road but the film adaptation is coming out this spring. It is a phenomenal book and I hope the film does it justice.

Viggo is in it so it has to be good.

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #24 on: February 28, 2009, 07:04:18 AM
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #25 on: February 28, 2009, 09:08:32 AM
It was a damn fine book wasn't it :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009, 12:05:16 PM
I see you are another Marvel fan Def.  I agree that a Captain America film might be tricky, for him it's all about the person rather than the powers so we'll see what they do with that.  Keep in mind that the next Marvel film is going to be "Thor" directed by Kenneth Branagh of all people.  Not a complaint as Branagh is best known for doing Shakespeare so that might indicate the tone of the film.  The rumor mill has it that Thor will be played by Triple H the wrestler.  I'm not quite sure what to make of that myself. :-\

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 03:52:25 PM
I'm really not certain who else could play Thor.  There are really only so many gigantic viking type actors available.  The guy who played the Russian in the Punisher might have worked, but I guess since he's already done something they didn't want to use him again.

Thor will also be a hard one to do, but I suppose everyone already knows the story of the Norse God of Thunder, his father Odin and mischevious half brother Loki, so at least they'll have the background story.

Def

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #28 on: February 28, 2009, 04:15:06 PM
If it had been made 10 years ago then this guy would have been great http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0474520/ Vladimir Kulich.  Best known for doing 13th Warrior. As a giant Norseman.  :D  I don't think that Thor has to be a man mountain TBH, tall certainly, and well made but not necessarily a walking advert for steroids (I'm not implying that Triple H does steroids).

The reason I have my reservations about Triple H is that I have seen no evidence he can act, I'm not saying he can't just that I haven't seen it.  One of the things that really made Iron Man was the fact that Downy Jr is a great actor that made Tony Stark totally believable.  Lets be honest it's why the new Christian Bale Batman films work as well.  Same with Wolverine.  If you don't have a strong actor carrying the film then it will just end up as another Dolph Lundgren Punisher, and we don't want that do we.  :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #29 on: February 28, 2009, 04:31:31 PM
Triple H wasn't too bad in the Blade movie.... but you are right, it's a supporting bit part, not as a main character.  Still, I suppose the could have gotten Dolph Lundgren to do it... he's large, well built and Swedish!  :D

Of course Hollywood has a long and rich history of supporting "B" rated actors in main roles by putting better actors all around them, so maybe he has a shot. 

Who was it that played Thor in the TV movie with Daredevil a number of years back?

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $160.46
PayPal Fees: $9.45
Net Balance: $151.01
Below Goal: $148.99
Site Currency: USD
50%