Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

So, what's your job ?

Gee.B · 80 · 3282

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Re: So, what's your job ?
Reply #30 on: August 30, 2016, 01:01:18 PM
counting down my last 2 days as a technical capacity planner in a media company. after that, who knows?

Are looking for something else or taking a little break?
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #31 on: August 30, 2016, 01:04:29 PM
Is that dks in the background firiki?

With all those posts of you two, people will think that all we Greeks have in mind is sex and nothing more. And there's no bigger lie than that. We have so many things we care about.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #32 on: August 30, 2016, 01:12:21 PM
What is this "sex" you are talking about?

you need to explain.  :)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #33 on: August 30, 2016, 01:18:16 PM
I won't. I'll respect family friendliness.  :twak:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #34 on: August 30, 2016, 01:20:28 PM
Just post some pictures

I hear it is a prerequisite for the creation of a family and, family friendliness
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gr Offline firiki

Reply #35 on: August 30, 2016, 01:25:10 PM
Is that dks in the background firiki?

With all those posts of you two, people will think that all we Greeks have in mind is sex and nothing more. And there's no bigger lie than that. We have so many things we care about.

(Image removed from quote.)

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't... And I may or may not be making indecent proposals to his grace ::) The film was quite enjoyable, by the way.

As for constantly having pleasurable reproduction on our minds, I can only speak for myself: I've often been told that, in Greek at least, I have an unusual ability of fitting sexual innuedos into practically any discussion. I guess this could mean I suffer from chronic cerebral priapism? :D

gr Offline firiki

Reply #36 on: August 30, 2016, 01:31:20 PM
Just post some pictures

I hear it is a prerequisite for the creation of a family and, family friendliness

.....  .........  ........................

Oh, nevermind  :facepalm:

au Offline T.Sawyer

Reply #37 on: August 30, 2016, 01:42:33 PM
Hi there from Australia
New member and first post after lurking for a while now.
Really enjoying the forum guys!
Anyways I am a linesman (or lineman as you fellas in the states commonly refer).
A few years ago I carried a st300 on my belt and for some reason I just stopped. Then I went on to carrying a buck 110 on my belt for the next few years and now I am proudly running a new charge tti in its place.
The charge in its sheath sticks out a fair bit more compared to the buck which I am still getting used to. But really enjoying having such a great range of tools right on my hip.
The charge suits rather light duty tasks in my work place but gets plenty of use non the less.
The charge serves well when either stripping cable, cutting small wire, tighten or loosen screws and the list goes on, especially when I get home.
Not necessarily my go to tool when climbing poles or working out of cherry pickers but in my industry I would probably call it a little 'get out of jail free card' tool because I am generally too lazy to fetch the proper tool for the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #38 on: August 30, 2016, 01:50:01 PM
Well, how can I put it...

Hum...

Show content
Maybe this will give you an idea...

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 01:53:18 PM by pfrsantos »

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

gr Offline firiki

Reply #39 on: August 30, 2016, 01:55:09 PM
Hi there from Australia

^^^ Welcome to the forums, T.Sawyer (Tom, I suppose?) :cheers:

So, climbing poles, eh? :D :angel:  Do tell us more about that (and don't mind me, mate, I need a good vacation)

au Offline T.Sawyer

Reply #40 on: August 30, 2016, 02:06:18 PM
Hi there from Australia

^^^ Welcome to the forums, T.Sawyer (Tom, I suppose?) :cheers:

So, climbing poles, eh? :D :angel:  Do tell us more about that (and don't mind me, mate, I need a good vacation)
Cheers for the welcome firiki.
Down under we have to be a bit more inventive how we climb. We have hardwood poles so pole spikes (spikes attached to the bottom of your boot/leg) that the yanks use in the their softwood poles don't really work here. We have to use ladders and or anything else screwed or fastened to the pole to stand on. All fun and games though .

Tom

gr Offline firiki

Reply #41 on: August 30, 2016, 02:17:40 PM
I've seen our guys use some sort of sickle-like thing fastened to one foot to help them climb and stay in place. It can be tricky up there!

au Offline T.Sawyer

Reply #42 on: August 30, 2016, 02:34:11 PM
Yeah we all have those where 'nothing is easy'. Just to complain for the sake of it usually...
But I love my job and will probably stay in the industry for the rest of my working life I hope.
Good luck with the prospective job hunt firiki. Hope all goes well for you bud love to hear what you find yourself doing in the future .

Tom

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #43 on: August 30, 2016, 02:38:03 PM
Grant relayed a story about a SOSAK member who actually used a SAK to remove screws from a patient's spine or cranium during an operation, IIRC. :D Hope someone who remember the details can chime in.

That's Using Your Head- June 2008

For the last 8 years I have been a Marine Cargo Surveyor until I got hurt in January and can no longer do that particular job.  I also own a small apartment building and do some property management for friends.  In my spare time I worked as a doorman at various clubs, largely due to my previous career as a physical security speSmurfpillst.

Now I'm between jobs as I try to determine what I'm going to do next in life.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

au Offline Gohard

• Leatherman fanatic!!
Reply #44 on: August 30, 2016, 02:48:30 PM
Hi there from Australia
New member and first post after lurking for a while now.
Really enjoying the forum guys!
Anyways I am a linesman (or lineman as you fellas in the states commonly refer).
A few years ago I carried a st300 on my belt and for some reason I just stopped. Then I went on to carrying a buck 110 on my belt for the next few years and now I am proudly running a new charge tti in its place.
The charge in its sheath sticks out a fair bit more compared to the buck which I am still getting used to. But really enjoying having such a great range of tools right on my hip.
The charge suits rather light duty tasks in my work place but gets plenty of use non the less.
The charge serves well when either stripping cable, cutting small wire, tighten or loosen screws and the list goes on, especially when I get home.
Not necessarily my go to tool when climbing poles or working out of cherry pickers but in my industry I would probably call it a little 'get out of jail free card' tool because I am generally too lazy to fetch the proper tool for the job.

Welcome Tom.

gr Offline firiki

Reply #45 on: August 30, 2016, 03:06:25 PM
Yeah we all have those where 'nothing is easy'. Just to complain for the sake of it usually...
But I love my job and will probably stay in the industry for the rest of my working life I hope.
Good luck with the prospective job hunt firiki. Hope all goes well for you bud love to hear what you find yourself doing in the future .

Cheers, T.Sawyer. Thank you for the kind words. Hopefully we'll all be here in the great madhouse place MTO is, exchanging opinions and news and whatnot for a long time to come. :cheers:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #46 on: August 30, 2016, 03:38:48 PM
Ièm not planning on shutting the lights off here any time soon... what have you heard?  :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #47 on: August 30, 2016, 04:28:11 PM

Welcome T.S.Elliot!
 :cheers:

You're a friend of Weasel's, right?...

:whistle:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #48 on: August 30, 2016, 05:40:23 PM

Welcome Huckleberry! Glad to have you aboard!
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #49 on: August 30, 2016, 05:53:29 PM
Welcome to :MTO: T.Sawyer :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #50 on: August 30, 2016, 06:13:31 PM
My job is a bricklayer or mason by trade and I have been learning this job since I was 16 (started laboring in the summers for my dad in summers a year or so before that).  I have learnt to be a forklift operator, boom truck (small truck crane) operator, am a welder (non certified but you only have to be certified on certain jobs), lay work out and many other jobs that I have picked up along the way that helps with bricklaying, blocklaying, stone setting, rocklaying, tile setting and what ever else type of materials we come across :D I have been as of late a safety man for our jobs onsite, mostly making sure scaffolding was setup correctly and things of that nature but hopefully that is over for now :whistle: I use MTs and SAKs alot sometimes and sometimes not as much :shrug: Always glad to have them if I need them though :cheers:

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: August 30, 2016, 06:42:56 PM
Grant relayed a story about a SOSAK member who actually used a SAK to remove screws from a patient's spine or cranium during an operation, IIRC. :D Hope someone who remember the details can chime in.

Thanks!  :salute:

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: August 30, 2016, 06:47:13 PM
It seems a recurring theme, which pops in other threads as well, is for those of us with a job where multis are more or less relevant, the multi isn't the ideal solution, but the solution which reduces problems to hassle and hassle to insignificant annoyances. Sort of a handyman's version of the best survival knife being the one you actually carry.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #53 on: August 30, 2016, 06:50:16 PM

I don't think I ever read that one. Thanks for the link. :hatsoff:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #54 on: August 30, 2016, 06:55:59 PM

I don't think I ever read that one. Thanks for the link. :hatsoff:

I had to swear on a stack of every holy manuscript on the planet to never reveal who the doctor was in order to get to publish that story!   :ahhh

Def

hr Offline Subterranean

Reply #55 on: August 31, 2016, 08:02:10 PM
Yep, I also haven't heard that story. Interesting to read, thanks.  :salute:

england Offline Kev D

Reply #56 on: August 31, 2016, 10:07:04 PM
I'm

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #57 on: August 31, 2016, 11:22:42 PM
I'm (Image removed from quote.)

No, you aren't  :twak:

I'm Spartacus, sorry, batman  :rofl:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

england Offline Kev D

Reply #58 on: August 31, 2016, 11:25:55 PM
I'm (Image removed from quote.)

No, you aren't  :twak:

I'm Spartacus, sorry, batman  :rofl:

Ok ok, I'm an electrical engineer who after 24 yrs doing it, is now a Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmosphere Regulations engineer.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #59 on: September 01, 2016, 12:31:52 AM
I'm an SAP Security & GRC consultant.

If you don't know what that is, trust me when I tell you you don't really care.

Suffice it to say it's crap but pays the bills with enough left over to indulge my various obsessions worthwhile investments when I can get work.
I used to come here a lot.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD