Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swiss ban minarets

Woz · 38 · 2622

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Re: Swiss ban minarets
Reply #30 on: November 30, 2009, 05:46:43 AM
N

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: November 30, 2009, 05:48:43 AM
I'm not trolling I seem to remember bring this up one other time.
(

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Reply #32 on: November 30, 2009, 05:50:21 AM
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

us Offline Smitty44

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: November 30, 2009, 05:53:18 AM
Three cheers for the Swiss,I might have to go out and buy an other Swiss knife just to celebrate there vote.
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:& :salute:

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #34 on: November 30, 2009, 02:34:14 PM
Dave you do realise that if Islam spreads anymore equality(for gays(I'm not exactly pro homosexuality but who am I to judge what 2 people do in the privacy of their home), women(they will be treated less than dogs and be forced to wear burkahs and cover there faces), and people of other faiths(Christains, Jews, Hindus, etc.))will be out the window and the world will be as backward as most of the middle east. I'm not saying people can't be Muslim but Islam must be kept in check.

If this thread is locked (and who could argue if it was?), I am at least pleased that you have finally shown your true colours, and others cannot now pass you off as a slightly eccentric, slightly daft patriot as they have in the past.

Anyone observing this discussion that may be tempted to pass this off as "opinion" or something where people should "agree to disagree", should be ashamed of themselves. This is not a pro/anti gun lobby matter, it's intolerant bile and is technically prejudice, and transcends anyone's right to an opinion under the laws of both of our countries. In one sentence, you've managed to show that you have absolutely no understanding of Islam and it's values, and that you are a bigot, a homophobe and a racist. You make my grand-parents seem educated.

Your racial, religious and cultural bile is no better or different than the flag burning radicals we see on TV broadcasts from Arab countries, yet you think that you somehow superior and that they are "backwards".

I'm not saying people can't be Muslim but Islam must be kept in check.

I'm not trolling I seem to remember bring this up one other time.

Thankfully, your opinions would mostly be laughed at rather than considered worth hearing as I believe most of the world's population have evolved beyond this. I have read the sub-text in many of your posts before and now you are confirming what I suspected. I am tempted to systematically take your points apart and ritually humiliate you publicly, but in fact, I don't want to talk to you any more.

To everyone else:

I'm truly sorry that this discussion has taken place, and it may have been better to ignore it, but I could not. I generally do not get involved in political debates on here or any other forum as we all have our beliefs and they are usually so polarised that the discussions descend into name calling and offence. I cannot however allow the possibility of someone passing through think that I condone such bigotry and want my disgust on the record.

I apologise to the OP and the moderators for this, but I would hope that "multitool.org" will seek to distance itself from these right-wing opinions clearly and unequivocally. To turn a blind eye to prejudice has proven not to work, again and again throughout our collective histories. I thank the people who have called ALP out already.

I have put my feelings on record, and I will not post on this thread again, but I would ask that if ALP's comments are to be left here, then mine are too.
I used to come here a lot.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #35 on: November 30, 2009, 02:37:26 PM
Well, as a homosexual who lives next to a Mosque, I have to say that I have not yet come across any homophobia on my doorstep, but reading such blatant anti-gay sentiment here is both sad and insulting.

I don't care what your opinion is on anything ALP - kindly keep your bigotry to yourself.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #36 on: November 30, 2009, 02:45:46 PM
Well, I do think this is in keeping of the traditional Swiss mindset.  There has always been a fierce defense of "What is Swiss".  It extends into what homes and buildings may look like in specific regions, who may or may not own property in Switzerland, and the stiff if not impossible requirements to obtaining Swiss citizenship if one is not a native borne Swiss of a native borne Swiss.

I view it as not unlike the French efforts to keep the French language untarnished from "non-French" words.

Oh, and I am choosing to ignore all the posts which have serious xenophobic content.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #37 on: November 30, 2009, 02:48:03 PM
This is definitely not in the spirit of M.T.O >:(

Thread locked!
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!