Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's the difference?

Offline supratentorial

What's the difference?
on: August 25, 2007, 09:30:51 AM

What's the difference between these two SOG SwitchPliers?   :pok:

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Re: What's the difference?
Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 03:23:04 PM
The handle material looks different, rougher on the top one. (maybe it's just the angle)
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 04:00:10 PM
Congrats on getting both SwitchPlier variations supratentorial!

Although I never did understand the logic of the bit driver variation. It did not come stock with the bit adapter, which therefore meant a person couldn't drive phillips screws unless they purchased (and then carried around with them) the bit adapter and some spare bits. Strange.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline supratentorial

Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 05:48:52 PM
The handle material looks different, rougher on the top one. (maybe it's just the angle)

"Eagle-eye" Viper is correct.  In addition to the difference in implements, there's a slight difference in the handles.  It actually took me a minute to notice and I had both the tools side by side!  Good eye!  Although both handles are made of aircraft aluminum, the older one has a smooth black finish and the newer version has a rough black finish.  I'm not sure why SOG made the change, perhaps it was to give the new version more grip.

Offline supratentorial

Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 05:57:33 PM
Congrats on getting both SwitchPlier variations supratentorial!

Although I never did understand the logic of the bit driver variation. It did not come stock with the bit adapter, which therefore meant a person couldn't drive phillips screws unless they purchased (and then carried around with them) the bit adapter and some spare bits. Strange.

Thanks.  I actually wasn't trying to get both variations--I just wanted more than one SwitchPlier. 

I'm not a big fan of the SOG 1/4 driver.  I have yet to find an adapter that doesn't fit loosely.  A standard bit adapter would be much more practical.   
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 05:59:16 PM by supratentorial »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD