Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A rant about "young people"

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Re: A rant about "young people"
Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 07:41:08 PM
Buy some stink bombs and stealthly "deploy" them.  :D :D
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline sappyg

Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 07:57:40 PM
Buy some stink bombs and stealthly "deploy" them.  :D :D

now THATS more like it  :tu:
i

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 08:26:03 PM

the getting raped b/c you went out annalogy does not follow either. there is no reasonable expection of being raped b/c one goes out.

I might be weird, but I don't find it in any way reasonable that I apply for housing through the school, get an apartment, move in, and then discover I can't sleep or concentrate because the same school-supported organization is running a bar in the basement without me being informed beforehand. It's not even required for them to move, just turn down the volume and close the outer door, and stop people from screaming. Not talking, screaming. Or in this case, joike (joike: doesn't have an English translation, it's something that a tribe of natives in Norway does, kinda semi chant semi yodel). If I can hear the music loudly 100 meters away behind a closed window, it's guaranteed to be dangerous to the hearing of those actually in the bar. Some school it is that encourages hearing loss and drunken yodeling.  :drink:

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 08:47:05 PM
Or in this case, joike (joike: doesn't have an English translation, it's something that a tribe of natives in Norway does, kinda semi chant semi yodel)

You seriouse ??? Joike?

Joike 1.01

Heavy joike

The most famouse joik was the Norwegian Eurovision song contest entry in 1980, joik start 1:20 in the video
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 08:49:09 PM by Medic82 »
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 08:51:08 PM
Yeah, joike. It was that famous joik-part that everyone knows but that I can't find a link to right now (have no idea where it's originally from, probably TV 20 years ago).

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: August 22, 2010, 08:58:35 PM
Yeah, joike. It was that famous joik-part that everyone knows but that I can't find a link to right now (have no idea where it's originally from, probably TV 20 years ago).

Probably the last of the 3 videos that I post, Samii Ædnan from MGP in 1980.

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: August 22, 2010, 08:59:44 PM
Indeed! That video wasn't there when I read the post  :ahhh
Had to listen to some drunk retard run around outside the bar doing THAT at 2AM.

Offline sappyg

Reply #37 on: August 22, 2010, 09:01:58 PM
 :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

i did'nt realize it was that serious. this behavior must be stopped. even outlawed.

seriously though. i'm sure the school housing authority would be more than accomidating if you asked them to transfer you to another dorm. i don't thing i could put up with joiking at 2 am either.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 09:07:15 PM by sappyg »
i

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: August 22, 2010, 09:03:19 PM
Indeed! That video wasn't there when I read the post  :ahhh
Had to listen to some drunk retard run around outside the bar doing THAT at 2AM.

I forgot to post the link first time and had too edit in

ni-ulster Offline cerbera147

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: August 23, 2010, 10:06:59 AM
Not moving certainly does not take away my right to complain. That's like saying that a rape victim should have just stayed inside that night and since she didn't, she can't complain. Last night wasn't anywhere near as bad as friday and I could even sleep with the window up. Friday was so bad because of some people standing outside screaming. When (if) i hear back from the police I'm going to email both the school and the student organization and tell them exactly what I think abou ttheir support for excessive partying and hopefully I'll have some legal stuff to throw in for good measure.

You didn't really compare rape [a terrible, disgusting crime] with a noise complaint did you?  :-\ :think:

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: August 23, 2010, 10:24:40 AM
No, I compared the idiocy of saying that the victim of external noise should have moved to saying that the victim of rape should have stayed inside. What you very mistakenly read was "enduring noise is like getting raped", which is something so completely different it's not even funny mistaking them.

Just went outside in the back yard to take out the trash and this is the sight that met me right outside the door

Such a nice sight to wake up to on a Monday morning

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 10:29:27 AM
Anything left in those bottles?
I used to come here a lot.

ni-ulster Offline cerbera147

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: August 23, 2010, 11:19:32 AM
Aaah Bailey's  :drool: :tu:

nl Offline jan.

Reply #43 on: August 23, 2010, 04:15:51 PM
You can not fight the world, but you can go out with some friends who drinks alcohol and enjoy the same place
but make it much worser than they do.
Yelling louther and smash glas bottles all around the place or smash windows.
When that place is out of controll, they have to close that place.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 04:22:17 PM by jan. »

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #44 on: August 23, 2010, 04:39:51 PM
You can not fight the world, but you can go out with some friends who drinks alcohol and enjoy the same place
but make it much worser than they do.
Yelling louther and smash glas bottles all around the place or smash windows.
When that place is out of controll, they have to close that place.
I like that "If you can't beat them, join them" mentality..  ;)

:D :D

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: August 23, 2010, 05:09:58 PM
None of my (good) friends "go out" OR "drink alcohol"... coincidence? I think not

Offline sappyg

Reply #46 on: August 23, 2010, 05:25:54 PM
Just went outside in the back yard to take out the trash and this is the sight that met me right outside the door

(Image removed from quote.)

Such a nice sight to wake up to on a Monday morning

from the pic it looks to me like you are living next to a frat house and not an actual bar. i remember this scene well from my youth. an actual bar would have barbacks etc, to clean up after closing. at least in the US....
i see this thing getting sideways in one quick hurry.
i

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: August 23, 2010, 05:32:26 PM
Everyone in the apartment complex got a text today from the organization running it, complaining about the state of the outdoor area (the picture etc), saying they had to hose the whole thing down to clean up sigarettes etc spread all over the place. They missed a couple of used condoms though that seem to be merging with the pavement to create some very disgusting "art". Also got a reply from the police saying that they were very well aware of the issue and a lot of people have complained about it. They said they were going to increase the patrols int he area and inform the municipality as they control the alcohol permits. So apparently I'm not the only one who's had it with this behavior, which is good.

Offline sappyg

Reply #48 on: August 23, 2010, 08:04:07 PM
is this an actual bar or a cool place to hang out? are spirits sold here?
i

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #49 on: August 23, 2010, 08:06:11 PM
Actual bar, of course. Hence the alcohol permit

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #50 on: August 23, 2010, 08:35:17 PM
Get together with the other tennants.  At least in the US, a tennant organization complaining to the police/ campus administration and city council gets things fixed. 

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: August 24, 2010, 05:13:29 PM
Bro , it never ends . I'm now old (59) , my partner is 64 , at work we rant about F.O.P.'s ( effing old people ) , these folks were all young rant bait once !

Chris

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: August 27, 2010, 02:36:34 PM

the getting raped b/c you went out annalogy does not follow either. there is no reasonable expection of being raped b/c one goes out.

I might be weird, but I don't find it in any way reasonable that I apply for housing through the school, get an apartment, move in, and then discover I can't sleep or concentrate because the same school-supported organization is running a bar in the basement without me being informed beforehand. It's not even required for them to move, just turn down the volume and close the outer door, and stop people from screaming. Not talking, screaming. Or in this case, joike (joike: doesn't have an English translation, it's something that a tribe of natives in Norway does, kinda semi chant semi yodel). If I can hear the music loudly 100 meters away behind a closed window, it's guaranteed to be dangerous to the hearing of those actually in the bar. Some school it is that encourages hearing loss and drunken yodeling.  :drink:

I used to work at the on campus pub/coffee house/sandwich shop at Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA.  When I first moved to the continental US from Hawaii, that is where I ended cause my sister was going to school there, so I stayed with her. 

Stanford had the same deal....student run establishment (though nowhere near any residences, thankfully) where bunch of drunk people hung out till closing or beyond.  I'll tell you from MY experience.....half of us working were usually drunk too!  I used to keep a 20 oz styrofoam cup under the register I worked that was almost always full of Newcastle, Bass, Spaten, Guiness, or any other of the wonderful brews they served that I had never even heard of in Hawaii (So I had to try every one of course).

I wish you the best of luck with this...lousy place for a pub!
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: October 05, 2010, 08:37:16 PM
A little update to this... Just held my iPhone up against the window and used the voice recorder:
http://andreasodegard.com/webpics/Opptak%20%281%29.m4a

Since I'm pissed off anyways:
I went to buy a memory card an hour ago and hadn't walked 50 meters from my place when I saw a lady trying to get her hands on a dog running all over with the leash attached. I managed to corner it and get my hands on it, only to discover the lady didn't own it. No owner in sight. We decided to call the police, who informed me no one had called them about a missing dog and said they didn't have anyone who could take care of it, so we should just let it go. No information about any veterinerians, dog shelters or anything like that, just "release it. bye". The lady knew some peopel who worked with finding new homes for dogs so she called her to take care of it. What do we even have police for? Was tempted at askin gthe guy if they had people to come get me if I robbed the nearest store.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #54 on: October 05, 2010, 08:39:31 PM
What do we even have police for?

Catching rapists, murderers and burglars?

Just a thought, like....

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #55 on: October 05, 2010, 08:45:14 PM
Around here? That'll be the day. They almost didn't even picked up the phone dialing the norwegian version of 911/999, thought I'd dialed wrong by the time someone answered.

MP3 version of the "concert": http://andreasodegard.com/webpics/musikk.mp3

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #56 on: October 05, 2010, 10:07:38 PM
lol :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05