Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Squirt ES4/PS4 Owner's Club

Andreas · 364 · 67979

um Offline mzil

Re: Squirt ES4/PS4 Owner's Club
Reply #210 on: August 15, 2013, 06:04:31 AM
Very nice, angusW. Are the non-standard tools Frankensteined off of other models, or did you make them?

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #211 on: August 15, 2013, 01:31:26 PM
Love the 3d Phillips, angusW. :cheers:

ca Offline angusW

Reply #212 on: August 15, 2013, 05:35:21 PM
Very nice, angusW. Are the non-standard tools Frankensteined off of other models, or did you make them?

Thanks. The package opener is from a Dime. The awl is from a P4 which I mangled a bit on the belt grinder, the 3d Phillips from an E4, file is from an S4 and the scissors came from a Style. The rest are standard PS4 :)

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #213 on: August 15, 2013, 05:52:39 PM
I do wonder, why two bottleopeners?
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

ca Offline angusW

Reply #214 on: August 15, 2013, 06:50:22 PM
To open bottles twice as fast  ;)

Seriously though, the drivers are different sizes. I don't even need a bottle opener on this particular tool but two different drivers just happened to be attached to bottle openers.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #215 on: August 15, 2013, 07:13:08 PM
To open bottles twice as fast  ;)

Seriously though, the drivers are different sizes. I don't even need a bottle opener on this particular tool but two different drivers just happened to be attached to bottle openers.

Those are bottle openers? :think: I thought they were bottle cap mangling devices. :P Oh, and screwdrivers. ;)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #216 on: August 15, 2013, 10:44:11 PM
Here's my custom PS4

8) :salute: :tu:

Would you mind taking some more pics showing what you've done please. :pok:

ca Offline angusW

Reply #217 on: August 16, 2013, 04:24:27 AM
Here's my custom PS4

8) :salute: :tu:

Would you mind taking some more pics showing what you've done please. :pok:
Will do but the guy you want to be talking about this sort of thing is Metro. He's the one I stole the idea from  :D

Here's the package opener from the Gerber Dime with a file from a LM PS4 on top of it. I used the profile of the file to grind the correct shape for the package opener for the pivot. It's a before shot.

Here's a shot of it when I was testing out different parts.

I used Dremel bits as temporary pivots. The pivots are 1/8". You can buy longer ones from here if you want to go with a 3 layer PS4 like I did.

It's not difficult to drill out the original pivots and there are some PS4's kicking around with the hex pivot heads like Lowes Canada.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #218 on: August 16, 2013, 08:47:01 AM
Thanks. I can't 'see' what you've done though. Maybe front, back and end on shots of each handle would help.  :cheers:

ca Offline angusW

Reply #219 on: August 17, 2013, 03:11:11 AM
Thanks. I can't 'see' what you've done though. Maybe front, back and end on shots of each handle would help.  :cheers:
I'll get some more pics up for ya in a bit.

ca Offline angusW

Reply #220 on: August 17, 2013, 07:18:53 AM
Here's a comparison of a regular Squirt on the right and the 3 layer on the left.

3 Layer opened up showing the extra back spring.

Here you can see the extra back spring. I circled the part where I had to cut it back a bit so that the nail nicks on the awl and small screw driver are exposed.

The other side, again with the extra back spring cut back to expose the nail nicks for the two screw drivers.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #221 on: August 18, 2013, 03:21:20 AM
Here's some money shots.

Awesome, thankyou for doing that.    :cheers:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #222 on: August 19, 2013, 01:23:43 AM
that's an awesome mod Angus. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Offline Quixotica

Reply #223 on: August 19, 2013, 03:16:40 AM
I just got a PS4.  It's a pretty awesome little tool. But now that I see what AngusW has done, it has me wondering about the possibility of swapping the file on the PS4 out with the package opener from a Dime.  Outside of matching the pivot area to the file, what else would need to be modded to have the nail nick on the correct side of the scale? 

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #224 on: December 25, 2013, 05:55:56 PM
I didn't join the club yet! :ahhh

Leatherman

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #225 on: December 26, 2013, 04:22:21 PM
Oh I feel like a dunce :facepalm:  I posted my new Squirt PS4 in the wrong thread (I think the P4, S4 one).  I will have to post pics in here later. 
K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #226 on: December 27, 2013, 04:34:24 AM
Here are the pics of my PS4 :)

K-Tibbs

se Offline Mr Biriyani

Reply #227 on: December 29, 2013, 11:29:33 AM
I got myself my first PS4 for Christmas. I already have the ES4 but this is surely a nice addition.
ps4.JPG
* ps4.JPG (Filesize: 207.6 KB)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #228 on: December 29, 2013, 11:45:12 AM
I got myself my first PS4 for Christmas. I already have the ES4 but this is surely a nice addition.

(Image removed from quote.)

I like this picture a lot. :cheers:

Welcome to the club. :D

se Offline Mr Biriyani

Reply #229 on: December 29, 2013, 09:51:28 PM

Thanks Enki. :cheers:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #230 on: December 29, 2013, 11:41:18 PM

+1  :D
K-Tibbs

us Offline JAfromMn

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #231 on: December 30, 2013, 01:10:46 AM

+1  :D

+2

I just got a blue ps4 I love this pic.

Defend the Hive!!!

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #232 on: December 30, 2013, 04:16:49 AM
What do you think of the PS4 Joel?
K-Tibbs

Offline hiljentaa

Reply #233 on: December 31, 2013, 02:33:32 AM
I've been carrying my PS4 almost exclusively lately.

I love how much function it packs into such a small package...though I really wish mine were a grey P4 instead. The scissors on the PS4 are close to useless (and I love scissors).

au Offline PPCAPache

Reply #234 on: February 18, 2014, 05:43:27 AM
Just got my LM Squirt PS4 in the mail yesterday, like this little MT even more than the Micra, which I have given to my lovely wife.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Founder & Chief UAV Pilot at Elevated Drone Control Zone

Rotation EDC: LM MUT, LM OHT, Fenix LD12 / LD22, Benchmade Mini Griptilian, Bit Card, Bit Extender, TEC Ti-Pry Bar, Garmin Tactix Delta, LM Tread LT, iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro (2020) 12.9”,

Other EDC: LM Surge, LM Wave, LM Wave BO, Skeletool & Skeletool KBX Coyote Tan, The RIT [Rapid Intervention Tool], Zippo Lighter,

us Offline JAfromMn

Reply #235 on: February 20, 2014, 02:02:40 AM

I wanted to wait awhile before I said how I felt about the ps4 Kyle

ps4 thoughts

I'm more than happy with it.

Its my 2nd ps4 my first was not made very well. It was quite awhile ago and I got it used so it must have been one of the first ps4s made. Its tools all had weak springs that where sloppy its pliers where misaligned, its scissors would not cut paper, the grind of the blade was off on one side.

my latest ps4 in blue this time is flawless. All the little tools have a nice snap. The scissors are tiny but work fine on everything I've used them on except They won't cut tissue paper (a Vic classic or similar little vics scissors all will) they will cut small wire ties (vics don't). I've used the Phillips on both #1and #2 screws ok. Its to small to really use for much but it works, the flat driver is a little better it fits alot of flats buts its also to small to handle rusty stuck screws or doing any real prying,.
the file is a file not a nail file I haven't used it but it looks like its made well I'd prefer if it was a diamond file . The pliers work fine for the little jobs I like the spring action, I've cut paper clips and thin wire with its cutters I don't think it would be good for it to cut a coat hanger but I think it could.

overall a nice little tool.

its also cute   :facepalm:
Defend the Hive!!!

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
Reply #236 on: February 20, 2014, 02:09:57 AM

ps4 thoughts

Its my 2nd ps4 my first was not made very well. It was quite awhile ago and I got it used so it must have been one of the first ps4s made. Its tools all had weak springs that where sloppy its pliers where misaligned, its scissors would not cut paper, the grind of the blade was off on one side.

my latest ps4 in blue this time is flawless. All the little tools have a nice snap. The scissors are tiny but work fine on everything I've used them on except They won't cut tissue paper (a Vic classic or similar little vics scissors all will) they will cut small wire ties (vics don't). I've used the Phillips on both #1and #2 screws ok. Its to small to really use for much but it works, the flat driver is a little better it fits alot of flats buts its also to small to handle rusty stuck screws or doing any real prying,.
the file is a file not a nail file I haven't used it but it looks like its made well I'd prefer if it was a diamond file . The pliers work fine for the little jobs I like the spring action, I've cut paper clips and thin wire with its cutters I don't think it would be good for it to cut a coat hanger but I think it could.

Much better than that Gadget, eh? :pok:
Leatherman

us Offline JAfromMn

Reply #237 on: February 20, 2014, 02:13:18 AM

ps4 thoughts

I doubt it.

Leatherman can't improve perfection.

can they ???
Defend the Hive!!!

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
Reply #238 on: February 20, 2014, 02:13:53 AM

ps4 thoughts

I doubt it.

Leatherman can't improve perfection.

can they ???

Yes they can. ;)
Leatherman

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #239 on: February 20, 2014, 03:43:51 AM

ps4 thoughts

Yeah, it's really a good little tool.  I've ended up putting mine on my keys as it's got all the little basics.  The Micra is great too, but lacks pliers, so I figured the PS4 was a better fit for the keys so that I have both scissors and pliers should I only be carrying my keys (which never happens).  Glad you like it :tu:
K-Tibbs

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD