Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Scared of heights?

Pacu · 40 · 2971

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Re: Scared of heights?
Reply #30 on: September 16, 2010, 12:05:02 AM
Me no likey that video me no likey
I

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 12:32:01 AM
My legs are not feeling so great after watching that  :ahhh
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 12:47:27 AM
That video was gut wrenching.  :D

That sort of reminds me of this video...

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 01:20:06 AM
I refuse to watch any of your frightening videos  :dwts:
SAW

ca Offline Shane769

• No Life Club
  • Gone Climbing.
Reply #34 on: September 16, 2010, 03:13:06 AM
Those are awesome videos! Sweet stuff guys. I like what the last one said, I was only afraid of 3 things in life, electricity, heights and women. And he overcame them all.  :tu:

Now I wonder if I can find a picture of the guys that decided it was a good idea to lift a scissor lift at full extension to the full extension of a ZoomBoom... >:D
"I would rather live 40 years of excitement and fun and exhilarating and just WOOOO, full volume, then 80 years of la di di di da... you know... boring. Why not get out there and live it?!"

de Offline Turnstone

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: September 16, 2010, 09:01:38 AM
What frightens me in the video that I posted is that these guys climb free. I feel safe when I wear a harness and I am on a rope or on something else that protects me from falling, or on buildings if there are fences or walls or something. I want to watch, and I can lean over, as long as these are as least as high as my bellybutton. I am somewhat scared if there is nothing that protects me.

I didn't really feel comfortable here (at least they had put some handles there)... but put me on a rope and I have a lot of fun with rappeling down  :think: :tu:
Elbsandsteingebirge.jpg
* Elbsandsteingebirge.jpg (Filesize: 108.95 KB)

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #36 on: September 16, 2010, 10:56:55 AM

I didn't really feel comfortable here (at least they had put some handles there)... but put me on a rope and I have a lot of fun with rappeling down  :think: :tu:

I've always felt much more comfortable climbing than rapelling.  With climbing, the ropes are there for safety backup, and I'm not relying on them 100% as when rapelling.
- Terry

de Offline Turnstone

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: September 16, 2010, 08:13:24 PM
I've always felt much more comfortable climbing than rapelling.  With climbing, the ropes are there for safety backup, and I'm not relying on them 100% as when rapelling.
I've learned to trust my rope. When rappeling I usually do it at places where I can use a good anchor for it (and I check it twice), and I feel absolutely safe about it.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #38 on: September 16, 2010, 11:42:55 PM
I've always felt much more comfortable climbing than rapelling.  With climbing, the ropes are there for safety backup, and I'm not relying on them 100% as when rapelling.
I've learned to trust my rope. When rappeling I usually do it at places where I can use a good anchor for it (and I check it twice), and I feel absolutely safe about it.

Oh, I trust the rope too.  But, I will never trust it as much as I trust my climbing ability utilizing the rope as a safety device.  Two systems vs. one.  I prefer climbing as a sport that relies more on my skills, rather than one that relies much more heavily on the equipment.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 11:45:10 PM by NutSAK »
- Terry

ca Offline Shane769

• No Life Club
  • Gone Climbing.
Reply #39 on: September 17, 2010, 02:47:07 AM
I've always felt much more comfortable climbing than rapelling.  With climbing, the ropes are there for safety backup, and I'm not relying on them 100% as when rapelling.

Oh, I trust the rope too.  But, I will never trust it as much as I trust my climbing ability utilizing the rope as a safety device.  Two systems vs. one.  I prefer climbing as a sport that relies more on my skills, rather than one that relies much more heavily on the equipment.
I take middle ground. I trust my gear, but I love both! Climbing is a great physical problem, challenging and fun all at the same time, where rapping is just straight up fun. Normally I only rap things that I climb though. Which means either off trees that we have established anchors from, and know are good, or straight up anchors that are bolted to the route.
"I would rather live 40 years of excitement and fun and exhilarating and just WOOOO, full volume, then 80 years of la di di di da... you know... boring. Why not get out there and live it?!"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD
44%