Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Raker Ring Tool configuration question

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Raker Ring Tool configuration question
on: December 12, 2010, 12:25:33 AM
On his website, Raker has the Damascus and ATS-34 models include a dedicated keyring attachment that allows use for the 1/4 inch hex wrench without removal of the keyring.  I know the 44C and 52100 pictures are of older models, but I was just curious as to if the tool cutouts have likewise been shifted upward to allow for the introduction of the dedicated keyring attachment for those two models, too.  Err, am I making any sense? :/

us Offline Sazabi

Re: Raker Ring Tool configuration question
Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 04:25:07 PM
I guess what I'm asking is:  are the 52100 and 440C models still the same as the one shown below, or do they now include the round keyring attachment found on the RRTs that encircle the black one below?

Offline Raker

Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 02:50:25 AM
The two Ring Tools, 440-C and 52100, are as pictured.  The early models went through a few modifications and material changes.  The best edge holding went to the ATS-34.  The thicness of the material best utilized for use and weight, was the  thinner tool.  That is why most of the tools I donate are the thicker and older models.   They will still do the job but not as good.  When the inventory is depleted, they will no longer be produced. 
Looks like you have almost all the models I made. :)
I will be coming out with a shorter model before long and will introduce it on this web site before I put it on my web site.  I appreciate your business Sazabi.
R

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 06:32:52 AM
I will be coming out with a shorter model before long and will introduce it on this web site before I put it on my web site.  

Good news..  :tu:

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 10:53:38 AM
Indeed! Can't wait. :ahhh

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 11:43:39 AM
 :ahhh :ahhh :salute: :tu:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 02:58:53 PM
The two Ring Tools, 440-C and 52100, are as pictured.  The early models went through a few modifications and material changes.  The best edge holding went to the ATS-34.  The thicness of the material best utilized for use and weight, was the  thinner tool.  That is why most of the tools I donate are the thicker and older models.   They will still do the job but not as good.  When the inventory is depleted, they will no longer be produced. 
Looks like you have almost all the models I made. :)
I will be coming out with a shorter model before long and will introduce it on this web site before I put it on my web site.  I appreciate your business Sazabi.

Thanks for getting back to me, Raker; the picture is actually one I borrowed from someone else; now to figure out which one I want.  :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD
26%