Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Borrowed A 35mm Film SLR

ni-ulster Offline cerbera147

• No Life Club
Borrowed A 35mm Film SLR
on: December 27, 2010, 01:25:34 PM
All this talk of digital SLR's has got me in the mood for one  ::)

The sad part is they are so damn expensive and very hard to justify to SWMBO  :ahhh

However, after chatting with Ryan I decided to borrow my Dad's SLR  :tu: Sure it's about 20 years old but still a mighty fine camera. It has half a film in it and he gave me a new roll as well. I plan to play about with it and shoot these rolls and take it from there :D

I've been used to digital cameras for so long it will be difficult to get into the way of this. Already 'wasted' two shots by accident last night; oops! No more checking that shot and trying again; I have to get it right first time every time :D

It is Nikon F-801s also known as N8008s in the US. It has a Nikon 35-70mm lens on it and a Sigma 70-210mm lens. The flash is a Metz 45CL-4. I'm just reading these numbers of the side BTW, don't totally know what they all mean as yet  :-[ My Dad gave a quick run through last night on everything; the red thing on the top of the camera helps the flash  :think: something like that anyway :)

Looking forward to trying this out; don't want to stick on Auto all the time though and want to try some fancy shots :D

If anyone can point me to any beginner websites I'd be very grateful  :cheers: When the library reopens I'll call down and get some books out as well  :)

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Re: Borrowed A 35mm Film SLR
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 02:09:04 PM
A good forum when it comes to photography http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php

You can get an OK DSLR’s like Canon 1000D or Nikon D3000 for a decent price that would not be so hard to justify to SWMBO
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 02:16:50 PM by Medic82 »
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 01:33:43 PM
thats a mighty flash :O
I

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 07:07:04 PM
Scary analogue stuff  :ahhh

:D

If you do decide to get a Nikon DSLR and want to use those old lenses be careful to check the model.  The cheaper ones won't work properly with old glass :tu:
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 11:40:44 PM
ie mine  :rofl:
I

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00