Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Spirit Sheaths/Pouches

Offline Blackened Justice

Spirit Sheaths/Pouches
on: April 04, 2011, 10:03:13 PM
Hey everyone, I remember seeing some really nice sheaths for the Victorinox Spirit other than the standard leather and nylon ones posted in a thread around here, some time ago. I think it was either the Cap Crimper BO version or the RT version, or maybe both ;)

Is any of these available to get separate from the tool itself? Anyone wants to post some tasty pictures of these sheaths ;)

Cheers

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Re: Spirit Sheaths/Pouches
Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 05:17:26 AM
I found this one after a quick search

From this thread http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,10566.msg196473.html#msg196473

As too were to get the sheaths  :think: :think: :think:. I think the cap crimper Spirit is a European market only tool & not overly easy to get  :think: :think:.

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 08:17:18 AM
Some pictures of different ones in the Spirit Owner's Thread.

I'll send you a green camo pouch (4.0822.4) for paypal $17, send me a PM if your interested.

The black matte textured one that is supplied with the RT version is very nice, I have not located a source for that yet, but it was discussed in another thread.  I can't remember for sure if another member managed to find one, but I think so.  I think we discussed in in the Black Day... thread. or in the Owner's thread linked above.

I also quite like the stock black (brown trim) nylon tool-only pouch.  I think you can get this one on ebay.

If are happy with a tool-only pouch several 3rd party ones I'm sure would work well.

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 04:25:08 PM
A number of single stack pistol mag pouches work very well . A double pouch would also hold your accessories , plus a lite .

Chris

Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 06:12:53 PM
I'm in Portugal, so it may be actually easier for me to get it locally than to buy from you. The sheath looks really nice and smooth, how smooth is it to the touch?

The one for the RT is also very nice, but I don't have many hopes I'll find it separate from the tool itself.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 12:08:54 AM
I'm in Portugal, so it may be actually easier for me to get it locally than to buy from you. The sheath looks really nice and smooth, how smooth is it to the touch?

The one for the RT is also very nice, but I don't have many hopes I'll find it separate from the tool itself.
ya I think it is best for you to buy it locally or on ebay from Europe somewhere.

They are very smooth to the touch.

Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 07:16:50 PM
Thank you for the answer. Do you have any picture of the Spirit inside the sheath? How does it fit in there? Is it tight or loose in there? Can you fit anything else?

england Offline Hull_ n_Back

Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 01:47:20 PM
I've got one of the green Molle sheaths and I'm really happy with it. The Spirit fits really well but there's not much room for anything else.

What I like most about it is that it feels really 'low profile' and compact. The original Spirit sheath always felt a bit too bulky.

I got mine from here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VICTORINOX-Nylon-Holster-408224-f-SwissTool-Spirit-NEU-/270621298038?pt=DE_Sport_Camping_Outdoor_Campingmesser_werkzeug&hash=item3f02494d76

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 02:54:08 PM
Thanks for helping with the response.  I don't have a picture right now, kind of backed up on those.  I'll try to snap a picture if you still need one.

I would not say it fits tight, it slides in and out very smooth, but like Hull_n_Back said, there is not much room for anything else.  They are not too expensive so I would try it out if you don't need something else in the pouch.  I think it's very nice, but don't use them for EDC right now as the black one I feel is better for work.

Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 10:01:05 PM
I meant tight as in if it dangled around inside it, or if it was more cozy ;) Pictures would still be greatly appreciated, though, if you have the time ;)

Cheers

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 12:51:44 AM
OK here is a pic.  The leather is soft and flexible so it's not a tight fit, it's more of a shock obsorbed secure fit. 

Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 09:10:37 AM
Thank you very much for the picture, it's very descriptive ;) So, it seems that it would fit a regular Swisstool equally well, does it? Or is it a bit too large to fit in there?

And that bit of extra space may be useful for taking something small and flat, like some matches, or a ruler.

00 Offline knyha

• Moravian
Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 10:24:03 AM
Thank you very much for the picture, ICanFixThat, it's very descriptive ;)

Me too! I always liked to see closer how looks this pounch for Spririt/111mm knives.  :)
F

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 01:15:21 AM
... So, it seems that it would fit a regular Swisstool equally well, does it? ...

Yup, no problem dropping the regular SwissTool in there.  That is a pretty heavy tool though, but I think the pouch is up to it.

Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 12:33:44 PM
Okay then, I'll be definitely buying that sheath, it looks great and it seems like good quality. Thank you very much for all of the information and great pics ;)

Cheers

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD