Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Elder Scrolls V !!!!!!!!

Mercury · 264 · 23996

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: The Elder Scrolls V !!!!!!!!
Reply #60 on: June 25, 2011, 12:51:34 PM
That does look fantastic.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #61 on: June 25, 2011, 03:20:57 PM
Yes, they are really pushing the limits on the Xbox360 with this one. And they have really upped the ante. Everything is new for this one, no rehash of older tech that was used in Oblivion and Fallout 3.

They also changed up alot of the base RPG aspects this time around.

There are no more Attributes, this is truely a Skills based system. No more Major or Minor Skills. All Skills work towards your level. Perks have been added and there are 280 of them to choose from. There is also no more Character Classes. The new changes allow your character to become what you play instead of being stuck with what you created.

The new system looks to really reward the hardcore Roleplayer but also makes it more beneficial than it use to be for those who like to be a "Jack of all Trades".

They changed alot of other stuff as well, and from the sound of it most of it sounds better than how it use to be in earlier ES games.

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #62 on: June 25, 2011, 06:03:53 PM
That was always something I hated in Oblivion: once you create your character you are stuck with it.  If you create a thief and want to head to the fighters guild, it takes FOREVER to build those skills high enough to be effective, especially if you have leveled pretty high with stealth skills and no combat or armor skills.  I have 5 characters going right now because of this.  Beyond that Oblivion was and is still incredible, but I really look forward to a different leveling style.

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #63 on: June 26, 2011, 03:01:29 PM
Merc,

I didn't mind the set-up in previous games. Oblivion's was a bit more limited than it was in Morrowind. I prefer the wider selection of Skills and 5 Major / 5 Minor Skill leveling of Morrowind over that of the 7 Major Skill leveling of Oblivion.

My characters in these games tend to dable in everything, some a bit more than others as far as Skills go........the system in Skyrim is definitely going to alleviate alot of the micro-managing of Skills I use to have to do to get my max bonus per level.

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #64 on: June 27, 2011, 05:37:31 PM
Yeah I don't understand how to effect the attribute bonus when leveling, I just really try to work on my minor skills so once I'm actually done leveling I will be proficient all around, but I really don't know if this is a good strategy or not.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #65 on: June 27, 2011, 08:10:30 PM
OK so you chaps have got me thinking about PRG's for my PC, but I've got to admit that I never quite got past Dungeon Master on my Atari ST (what a game though  :tu:).  So given the fact that I have a reasonable laptop running windows 7 what are the chance that I'd get Morrowind to work? 

Also work keeping in mind that I don't know anything about computers, other than how to turn the things on, so very simple answers using very small words would be nice. :-[

cheers folks. :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #66 on: June 27, 2011, 10:30:20 PM
Yeah I don't understand how to effect the attribute bonus when leveling, I just really try to work on my minor skills so once I'm actually done leveling I will be proficient all around, but I really don't know if this is a good strategy or not.

If you are speaking about Oblivion give this link a look. It'll fill you in on the particulars of Leveling.....http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Leveling

2xTap

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #67 on: June 27, 2011, 10:42:34 PM
OK so you chaps have got me thinking about PRG's for my PC, but I've got to admit that I never quite got past Dungeon Master on my Atari ST (what a game though  :tu:).  So given the fact that I have a reasonable laptop running windows 7 what are the chance that I'd get Morrowind to work? 

Also work keeping in mind that I don't know anything about computers, other than how to turn the things on, so very simple answers using very small words would be nice. :-[

Well, first thing.............do you have a mouse connected to said Laptop? If not you won't get far in any Elderscrolls game with out a regular mouse as they are First/Third person open-world action RPG's.

Second, I have no experience with Windows 7 so I can't say for sure but it should run fine. According to the UESP, Morrowind will run on Windows 98 or later, including Windows Vista and Windows 7.

2xTap

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #68 on: June 27, 2011, 10:46:16 PM

Well, first thing.............do you have a mouse connected to said Laptop? If not you won't get far in any Elderscrolls game with out a regular mouse as they are First/Third person open-world action RPG's.

Second, I have no experience with Windows 7 so I can't say for sure but it should run fine. According to the UESP, Morrowind will run on Windows 98 or later, including Windows Vista and Windows 7.

2xTap
yup, mouse is indeed a feature.  I suspect I now need to find a cheap copy of Morrowind, ebay here I come. :D  Thanks for the reply. :tu:

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #69 on: June 27, 2011, 11:26:23 PM
Gareth,

Should have no problem finding inexpensive copies of Morrowind, it's been out for a while. I recommend getting the "Game of the Year" Edition. The additions of the two major add-ons "Tribunal" and "Bloodmoon" are well worth it. They add ALOT of new content to a already huge game.

2xTap

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #70 on: June 27, 2011, 11:36:39 PM
I currently have the morrowind GOTY edition for pc, and I run it on Windows 7.  It runs fairly well.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #71 on: June 27, 2011, 11:41:46 PM
Thanks guys. :tu:  I've just pulled the trigger on Morrowind (GoTY edition).  For just over £7 brand new I think it's not much of a gamble. :D 

However if I suddenly stop posting for a few weeks it's all your faults'. :pok: :D

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #72 on: June 27, 2011, 11:58:53 PM

However if I suddenly stop posting for a few weeks it's all your faults'. :pok: :D

If you've never played a Elderscrolls title before then thats exactly whats going to happen. When I first got Morrowind, which was my first taste of true open world non-linear gameplay, I spent months playing it. Sometimes 12 hours or more day!

Granted, it's graphics are a bit dated now but the game still holds up well. And the most fun one can have in the game is just simply exploring. Lots of quests to do, tons of loot to get, lots of things to do and see in the game........but just taking your character and heading off into any direction is sometimes the most fun. (Although best to do once you get a few levels under your belt as well as some coin and some better equipment.......lots of baddies in the open wilds of the gameworld, as well as in it's numerous, dungeons, tombs, and caves!)

2xTap

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #73 on: June 28, 2011, 02:10:23 AM
Lol good bye gareth!  We'll see you again in august!  Don't feel bad I'm probably going to lose my job when skyrim comes out

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #74 on: June 28, 2011, 07:26:33 AM
So glad that someone else is getting the bug.  I absolutely love Morrowind, it is so immersive it's not funny.   You will spend so many hours on that game it's ridiculous.  I have had oblivion for 5 years and I am still finding new things.  You won't regret buying the game Gareth, it is a fantastic escape from the stress of the real world and will be a great refuge if you ever need one. 

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #75 on: June 28, 2011, 03:13:46 PM
Thanks guys. :tu:  I've just pulled the trigger on Morrowind (GoTY edition).  For just over £7 brand new I think it's not much of a gamble. :D 

It took me a month and a half to get out of it. :ahhh Two playthroughs, explored every crack, cave, ruin, ... a terrible game :ahhh

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #76 on: June 28, 2011, 06:10:55 PM
So glad that someone else is getting the bug.  I absolutely love Morrowind, it is so immersive it's not funny.   You will spend so many hours on that game it's ridiculous.  I have had oblivion for 5 years and I am still finding new things.  You won't regret buying the game Gareth, it is a fantastic escape from the stress of the real world and will be a great refuge if you ever need one.
isn't that what this place is for? :D

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #77 on: June 28, 2011, 11:02:23 PM
I am with you Merc, I am quite fond of Morrowind as well. Oblivion was a great game but Morrowind is still the one I judge all others by. And while Oblivion did add some things that were cool, and better, I didn't find it as immersive as Morrowind.

I am so hoping Skyrim brings back alot of what made Morrowind great.

For those of us who haven't played Morrowind in a while............

2xTap  ;)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #78 on: June 29, 2011, 10:08:56 PM
Morrowind now loaded, see you chaps later. :D

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #79 on: June 30, 2011, 01:32:13 AM
And after you've dumped a couple hundred hours into it, you can start getting mods for it and start allll over :)

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #80 on: July 10, 2011, 05:14:25 PM
Morrowind now loaded, see you chaps later. :D

Gareth,

Ok bud, so what do you think of the game? Judging by your lack of posts to this thread since you loaded it up I'll assume you've been knee-deep in it.

As to SKYRIM, any of you guys been keeping up with the latest word from Bethesda? If not here are some factoid tidbits about the game that have recently been released.....

1. In character creation not only will you be able to choose different hair styles, beards, scars, and face paint but each race and gender has selectable body builds you will also be able to choose.

2. Armor is a bit different now, they combined the Cuirass and Greaves into one piece. (Which means one less armor slot to enchant which kind of sucks). But they state that this move allowed them to create many more different armors, and Skyrim is said to have more armor types to choose from than was available in Oblivion.

3. The new loot system will incorporate what they call "encounter zones". These areas may be leveled, or scaled below or above character level. And these will include their new "Epic" loot which in some cases will be random or fixed unique items on par with Daedric Artifacts. (Sounds somewhat similar to what they had done in Morrowind, hope it is.)

4. There will be no "Mark and Recall" spells, as well as no "Levitation" spells. And they stated they did this for the same reasons they removed them from Oblivion. (This sucks!)

5. You can now have relationships in game, as well as get married. If you own a House in game your wife will move in with you!

6. Enchanting is a bit different now, not based on the spells you know. You learn enchanting effects from magical items you "break down". (Not really sure how this actually works, or is going to work.)

7. They have added Tavern Brawls in-game. Non-lethal combat of some form we will be able to partake in. (To what extent these play out or their purpose they did not say.)

8. The Crafting skill not only allows you to create your own weapons and armor but with the use of the right tools will allow you to improve existing weapons and armor.

9. They are moving away from multiple smaller DLC's and going with fewer larger scale add-ons. So DLC's will be less in number but done on a larger scale with much more content. (Sounds like they are going back to Morrowind on this one......Expansion Packs!)

Just some confirmed nuggets of info from the Official Forums. Also, Bethesda will have it's first public Demo of the game at QuakeCon in August. So not long after we should be seeing some heavy Gameplay video of the game.

2xTap

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #81 on: July 10, 2011, 05:25:10 PM
I'm enjoying it.  Not gotten very far I suspect but it's early days yet. :)

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #82 on: July 10, 2011, 10:29:34 PM
Man that sounds awesome!  I can't believe it's only July.  I am dying here!  I am pumped for a more immersive system, especially the crafting and bar fights.  I hate how the NPC's in oblivion can talk smack and you can't do anything about it short of killing them and going to jail for it.  At least in skyrim it appears you can knock a few teeth out and not get attacked by the town guard.  I am pumped!

Gareth,

You have only scratched the surface my friend.  Put about a month in that game playing every day, and you may be ready to move on to Oblivion, maybe.  Depends on how much you play.  You absolutely must beat the main quest if only to appreciate the newer fast travel systems in later games.  I'll put it this way, Morrowind is HUGE, and you are gonna see ALL of it on the main quest.  Well, not all, but a great bit.  Oblivion is even bigger. 

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #83 on: July 10, 2011, 11:23:50 PM
Gareth,

So where have you been so far in the game? What cities and towns have you visited? Done any dungeon-delving? Found any cool weapons and armor yet? Outside of the mainquest have you dived into any of the faction or side quests? Have you found the Mudcrab Merchant? Done any flying in game yet?

Merc,

The wait for November to get here is killing me too. Alot of what has been released about Skyrim so far has me excited. There are a few things I know I am going to be disappointed with, and still others I am dubious about but overall I think a majority of it is going to be too impressive to worry about the others.

I am just hoping with the Demo being done at QuakeCon that they show some different stuff than what was at E3's Demo. We got 4 months to go before release, I need more eye-candy!!!!  :D

2xTap

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #84 on: July 10, 2011, 11:47:21 PM
I forgot about the mudcrab merchant!

I love that guy!

Kind of a pain to use though, he's waaaay the heck out there and I always forget which island he's on. 

Gareth,

One of the most fun activities in Morrowind(and Oblivion) is theft.  You can steal to your hearts content and it's fun, but it is a great challenge.  In Oblivion the NPC's follow you around watch you, and if you trespass and they see you they call the guards.  The problem with stealing in Oblivion is if your mercantile skill isn't very high then you will never get close to what an item is worth.  It's a little better in Morrowind. 

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #85 on: July 11, 2011, 12:19:38 AM
Merc,

Yeah, the one bright spot of barter in Morrowind over Oblivion was the Mudcrab Merchant. As well as Creeper too......he had 5000 gold to barter with. And both would buy at face value. But the Mudcrab is still the best. He is easy to find if you use him alot. He is a bit out there though, and the first time I played I killed him not knowing any better.

Thieving is pretty easy in Morrowind, and just as easy in Oblivion if you do it right. In Oblivion do a suit/jewelry of 100% Chameleon.......theft and murder become all too easy. Matter of fact, at 100% Chameleon the whole game becomes quite easy.

But barter wasn't all that great in Oblivion, regardless what your Merchantile skill was at. High end items you always lost out on. At least in Morrowind you had options, and when done right could become a Millionare with a little work.

2xTap

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #86 on: July 11, 2011, 01:13:24 AM
Not gotten very far yet, just a level 5 fighter type with a few magic items.  I've found the puzzle box and skull main missions and have done a bit of random wandering around.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #87 on: July 11, 2011, 07:00:26 AM
Not gotten very far yet, just a level 5 fighter type with a few magic items.  I've found the puzzle box and skull main missions and have done a bit of random wandering around.

Oh man, you really should join a guild or a great house.  Redoran is awesome, telvanni is very interesting(lots of levitating), and Hlalu is pretty structured. 

I am such a dork.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #88 on: July 11, 2011, 07:02:40 AM
Hey Gareth, be sure to rob the light house in Seyda neen.  There is a book up there called the Wraith's wedding dowry, its worth around 300 septims if I remember correctly.  If you get your lockpick skill above 30 or so, Vivec has lots of neat things to steal.  If you get your level high enough you can kill an ordinator in Vivec and their armor is worth a lot, just don't get caught in Vivec wearing it.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #89 on: July 11, 2011, 07:58:01 AM
Good advice mate. :tu: I've joined the fighters guild but nothing else as I don't yet know the merits of each one.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%