Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Survival Knives 22045

Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 30,787 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
Re: Survival Knives
« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2019, 12:00:43 PM »
I hang out so much in the Swiss Army Knights, I forgot how many other great topics there are.
Here's my #4 Grohman, bought around 1980/81.
And like Nix said it's a beast, a real chopper that could replace a hatchet

I always loved the idea of a Grohman, but could never quite justify the price of one over here.

Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 60,626 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #211 on: January 07, 2019, 12:33:37 PM »
There are some in the MTO Store inventory.... if you want to discuss it send me a PM.  :D

Def

Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 50,160
« Reply #212 on: January 07, 2019, 12:44:50 PM »
I think my latest is a survival knife too.
Ready to tackle just about anything.

(Image removed from quote.)

A Mora Garberg.
As with some others here, it'll most likely be on stand-by for most of the time, but with the first valid excuse to take it on a hike, I will :D

Let us know how it goes, Nick :cheers: I have been back and forth about getting one of these since they came out :ahhh

:popcorn:
Jr. Member Posts: 84
« Reply #213 on: January 13, 2019, 04:43:06 PM »
I have a survival knife that's named after an outdoorsman. Bear Grylls? Nope. Les Stroud? Nope. Nessmuk!  :whistle:
New User Posts: 3 Hello
« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2019, 06:30:55 PM »
Just stumbled on this forum and after introducing myslef in the Newbe forum I noticed this thread. Great discussion about survival knives! After a few decades of military service and using all kinds of knives, the “old camp style” knife like the Buck 119, theKa-Bar, the USAF pilot survival knife and the British MoD survival knife worked for me the best. These all are easy to sharpen, inexpensive and can be used for most field tasks (though the Brit MoD knife is more like a shovel and is heavy...).

Have a Knives Day
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 50,160
« Reply #215 on: February 15, 2019, 07:54:07 PM »
Great pic of an awesome and historical blade 8) :like:
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,848
« Reply #216 on: February 16, 2019, 02:40:02 AM »
 :iagree: 110% :tu:
Jr. Member Posts: 53
« Reply #217 on: February 16, 2019, 06:33:11 AM »
Overall great thread with some even better knives. I am curious what everyone's opinion is of the tracker style knives. These knives were featured in the movie The Hunted with Tommy Lee Jones and Benicio Del Toro. I have to say that the look of the knife is intriguing, but is it functional?

Ken
Hero Member Posts: 866 "Southbound Whatchya Leave Behind Ya?"
« Reply #218 on: February 17, 2019, 08:48:46 PM »
I dont have One but I have handled it..I say Yes but that is a Knife that is a very polarizing One with Folks..My Take is it does what Tom Brown wanted it too if he could "Only Take One"..Will it Skin Gut Chop Dress Out Game perfectly? No but it will perform the Tasks he envisioned "Adequately" when need be..The Saw Blade was meant to help with Notching and as a Wire Breaker...I too lust after One not really to Use but because I loved the Movie

"It seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time"
Jr. Member Posts: 53
« Reply #219 on: February 17, 2019, 10:23:49 PM »
I dont have One but I have handled it..I say Yes but that is a Knife that is a very polarizing One with Folks..My Take is it does what Tom Brown wanted it too if he could "Only Take One"..Will it Skin Gut Chop Dress Out Game perfectly? No but it will perform the Tasks he envisioned "Adequately" when need be..The Saw Blade was meant to help with Notching and as a Wire Breaker...I too lust after One not really to Use but because I loved the Movie

Thank you for your comment. 

Ken
Hero Member Posts: 866 "Southbound Whatchya Leave Behind Ya?"
« Reply #220 on: February 17, 2019, 10:35:29 PM »
Your Welcome..Out of Curiousity I was trolling the pages of Amazon and there seem to be several low cost Knock Offs to at least play with the Idea or satisfy the I must Have It without breaking the Bank to do So

"It seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time"
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,848
« Reply #221 on: February 18, 2019, 01:52:01 AM »
Mine is the Randall model 18 - very nice knife.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
February Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: $270.00
PayPal Fees: $17.10
Net Balance: $252.90
Below Goal: $47.10
Site Currency: USD
84%