Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAKs in Geneva?

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
SAKs in Geneva?
on: May 12, 2012, 04:52:14 PM
OK I've just booked flights to Geneva next month as a friend and I are planning on hiking a shot section of the GR5 to Chamonix.  Now I really don't know if our schedule will give us any time to actually visit Geneva proper but, on the chance we can; can anyone recommend somewhere a SAK fan should visit there? :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: SAKs in Geneva?
Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 05:20:41 PM
I hope you enjoy it there gareth as a lovely part of the world, i worked there on and off for 3 years, this was 15 years ago though so i cant help with places to fing SAK's but enjoy  :tu:

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 08:55:47 PM
Can't recommend anything in Geneva proper, but if you have time you might check out Chillon Castle at the other end of Lake Geneva.

Have a great trip!

Karl

http://knowwhatilove.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/chillon_castle.jpg

hu Offline borgwarrior

• Wait,what?
Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 09:16:00 AM
I've been in Geneva in february, let's just say that the city isn't like Switzerland. At all. Trash everywhere, dirty, ignorant, unkind... I'd go to Bern instead... (TBH, I bought a Wenger in Geneva Though. :D )

ps: If you'll be at lake Geneva, check out Vevey and Montreux instead, it's on the north side of the lake. Wonderful cities!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:32:40 AM by borgwarrior »
Small collection of SAK's, (but growing rapidly. :D) not so fast at this time. :( And the most important of all: Ze Zuper Zoldier by Steve!  :ahhh
Wishlist for 2014: Rangergrip 88, Victorinox: CT41, Spirit X BO CC, Swisstool X BO, Some limited Alox stuffs and so on

Offline tim

Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 12:29:50 AM
There's the Victorinox Flagship Store at Rue de Marche 2.  No alox, but they have most of the rest of the range.  They also have a little workshop in the basement, although I've never seen it in use.

There used to be a much more interesting SAK shop on the opposite side of the street, but it closed down a little while ago - perhaps due to competition from the bigger, newer, shinier (and emptier) Victorinox store.

But if time is short I'd give Geneva a miss.  The region has hundreds of more interesting places to visit.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 12:34:30 AM
Thanks for that Tim. :cheers:  TBH we really don't know what our timings are going to be, the idea is that it's a hiking holiday so most of the time in the hills not the streets.  However there is a chance that I'll have a free morning on the day of out flight back from Geneva.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD
26%