Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

OHT owners club! 29826

No Life Club Posts: 4,469 Is there a cure for multitool separation anxiety?
Re: OHT owners club!
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2012, 10:58:04 AM »
Hey guys,

I sent one of the OHT's to a guy in Michigan, and he asked what the Notch(es) are in the handles.

I can't see a use for it in normal usage.  Most likely manufacturing or assembly related.

Any other ideas?

Wire stripper?

• Leatherman Charge TTi (Mod) • Leatherman Signal • PocketToolX Piranha • Wenger 16520 Original Issue • LED Lenser M5 •
• Weber Y2K6 • Seagull S8 • David Hudson Bloodwood Didgeridoo •
Jr. Member Posts: 81
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2013, 03:20:11 PM »
Hello everybody,  :salute: Happy New Year to all, just got my OHT today. It will replace my Tti as EDC for now. Was wondering, anybody knows if the removable bit driver can be used on the OHT ?
Thanks !

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2013, 08:28:26 PM »
Hello everybody,  :salute: Happy New Year to all, just got my OHT today. It will replace my Tti as EDC for now. Was wondering, anybody knows if the removable bit driver can be used on the OHT ?
Thanks !

The Removable Bit Driver will fit any of the Leatherman tools with either the square Phillips driver or the large bit driver (via the 1/4 x 6mm bit).
Leatherman does not mention the item can be used with the large bit driver. This is probably due to twisting-motion stress. The bit could break with over exertion.

Quote from: Leatherman
Removable Bit Driver

Add ten additional tools to your standard multi-tool.

Fits: Core®, Rebar™, Rebar™ Black, Super Tool® 300, Blast®, Fuse®, Kick®, Juice® Xe6, Juice® Cs4, Juice® S2, Juice® C2, Genus®, Hybrid®, Vista®

From looks at the zoom-in photo, no. Using the RBD on any of the on-board drivers would put too much of twisting-motion stress if it could fit onto one of the bits and cause breakage.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 08:36:53 PM by Xelkos »

• Leatherman Charge TTi (Mod) • Leatherman Signal • PocketToolX Piranha • Wenger 16520 Original Issue • LED Lenser M5 •
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,243 I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2013, 12:26:12 AM »
Thanks !

I'd ask Metroplicity (Eric). He's the 'go to' guy here for LM modding :tu:

More than likely some milling/ grinding would have to be done to make this happen. Very doubtful that it would 'drop in' :think:

Dear Leatherman......................

Terry
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,243 I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2013, 12:31:22 AM »

The Removable Bit Driver will fit any of the Leatherman tools with either the square Phillips driver or the large bit driver (via the 1/4 x 6mm bit).
Leatherman does not mention the item can be used with the large bit driver. This is probably due to twisting-motion stress. The bit could break with over exertion.

Quote from: Leatherman
Removable Bit Driver

Add ten additional tools to your standard multi-tool.

Fits: Core®, Rebar™, Rebar™ Black, Super Tool® 300, Blast®, Fuse®, Kick®, Juice® Xe6, Juice® Cs4, Juice® S2, Juice® C2, Genus®, Hybrid®, Vista®

Until someone mentioned this on another thread today, I wasn't aware of what this was for :think: Pretty  8) contraption!¡!

Dear Leatherman......................

Terry
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2013, 03:22:33 AM »
Until someone mentioned this on another thread today, I wasn't aware of what this was for :think: Pretty  8) contraption!¡!

It is quite interesting that Leatherman chose to omit a large bit driver and/or the adaptability to the removable bit driver. It does have those two redundant flatheads, no file, and an odd looking can opener

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2013, 11:25:29 AM »
Thanks for the input everybody :salute:, @Xelkos : yes, the large bit driver is something that I missed on the OHT today when I needed to unscrew a hex socket. Anyways, I went ahead and bought a kit from eBay since its not that expensive an item. Will see how it goes.
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2013, 12:59:10 AM »
You could always make your own handle and carry it with the RBD for a portable bit driver. Might even start a new fad here. :pok: maybe even a RBD Owner's thread.

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2013, 04:32:50 PM »
Thanks !

The only option available should it be absolutely necessary to use the removable bit driver on the OHT.
Newbie Posts: 5
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2013, 04:14:49 PM »

Kydex holster

Used a Constant Force Spring to hold the head back in the closed position.

Used the threaded hole on the opposite side of the lock as the mounting point.
McMaster Part: 9293K42   
http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/119/1213/=m9wgsv

Hero Member Posts: 939 I am the ghost that haunts the GERBER MTo Forum
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2013, 03:27:52 AM »
A welcome addition to the family!

worked well for peeling potatoes and cutting up veggies

size is just right...up to par with my favorite heavy duty MTs

just like your favorite dog. always by your side, ever so loyal, but can accidentally bite if you're too rough at play

Cheers,
Gabriel

"you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need"

"I have a confession to make: I am addicted to steel, I have a smoking problem, I have a short attention span and I am easily amused"

"Balisongs Forever!!!"
No Life Club Posts: 1,233
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2014, 02:28:38 AM »
Yay I can rejoin this club since my original tan OHT went MIA.  :multi:
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,832 What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2014, 03:02:42 AM »
Still have yet to even handle a OHT.  :twak: i really want to try one out but its not to high on my list of things to buy.

I'm the milk man!
New User Posts: 1
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2014, 03:01:30 AM »
Hello OHT owners.  I have recently picked one up.. I have a question/concern.

The pliers do not line up that great... about 1 mm -1.5 mm off, sort of twisted.

...is this a norm for this multitool? or is it possible mine has a defect?

Thanks for your help!
No Life Club Posts: 1,233
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2014, 07:05:59 AM »
Hello OHT owners.  I have recently picked one up.. I have a question/concern.

The pliers do not line up that great... about 1 mm -1.5 mm off, sort of twisted.

...is this a norm for this multitool? or is it possible mine has a defect?

Thanks for your help!

Mine does it as well. I gave up worrying about it as i'm OCD about enough things already.....
Thread Killer 2015 No Life Club Posts: 2,454 Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2014, 02:00:52 AM »
I'm in! Got a Coyote Tan one couple weeks back. Not my fave tool load out, but the fiddle factor is through the roof.
Hero Member Posts: 603
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2014, 05:53:15 PM »
Got my OHT yesterday. It´s been on my wishlist since it came out. I like the odd look of it. On the positive side is the excellent strapcutter.The one on my charge can not cut paracord without excessive force and blue fingers.
The molle pouch was a little disapointment as the nylon is from poor quality. Have an older one that is really good quality.
But it´s not a big thing for me. I had a TacticalTailor knifepouch laying around that fits the OHT like a glove.
Hero Member Posts: 664 Better to have a tool, than be a tool.
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2014, 11:20:50 AM »
I love my OHT, waited almost a year to buy, its solid as a rock.  Ive read allot of complaints about the screwdrivers being to short, but that doesnt seem to be the case with most applications.
Hero Member Posts: 603
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2014, 03:19:31 PM »
I love my OHT, waited almost a year to buy, its solid as a rock.  Ive read allot of complaints about the screwdrivers being to short, but that doesnt seem to be the case with most applications.
Very nice I like it to, which color did you get ?
Hero Member Posts: 664 Better to have a tool, than be a tool.
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2014, 07:41:10 AM »
Very nice I like it to, which color did you get ?

Coyote Tan  >:D
New User Posts: 3
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2014, 01:25:16 AM »
Glad I found this feed I am on the prowl for a new multi-tool and the OHT may be the one.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
Jr. Member Posts: 53

SxS

« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2014, 03:50:17 AM »
I have the Leatherman 'bit set' (skinny type phillips driver, etc.) that I believe went with my Skeletool...and like everybody else, a set of 1/4" hex type standard drivers.

Question:

Are the female screw threads on my OHT provided to accept any 'adaptor' (made by Leatherman or anybody else) allowing the use of any of these tools?

With the 2nd question obviously being…why not?

Thanks for any help.

SxS

« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2014, 03:54:18 AM »
….also…and be gentle…I really didn't read up on this thing when I got it…and now see something about a 'removable driver'…(post 58)

SxS

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2014, 04:10:26 AM »

It is quite interesting that Leatherman chose to omit a large bit driver and/or the adaptability to the removable bit driver. It does have those two redundant flatheads, no file, and an odd looking can opener

…should have seen this earlier (I agree, a complete miss-the-boat design flaw and no file to boot)…I guess that I still have the question…what are the threads for and who makes something which screws into them that is useful?
No Life Club Posts: 4,558 Don't judge a tool by it's brand
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2014, 05:10:59 PM »
I think the threads would be for gun-cleaning things (the word OTIS is somewhere connected to it in my memory?)

Just like the MUT?

A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

I feel more awesome than an awesome possum 8)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $228.00
PayPal Fees: $14.06
Net Balance: $213.94
Below Goal: $86.06
Site Currency: USD
71%