Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wenger - Victorinox

no Offline North Man

• No Life Club
Wenger - Victorinox
on: January 31, 2013, 02:51:12 PM
Hi

Anybody agree with me to have a topic with just good wishes?

I would like to start with saying , -Wenger we respect you!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:54:00 PM by North Man »
Get more tools

us Offline colt 1911

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Wenger - Victorinox
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 03:30:06 PM
Later Wenger, love the knives !
CHEERS

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 04:24:27 PM
Victorinox,

Thank you for saving as many jobs as possible.  It's a difficult market, trying to maintain exquisite quality, at reasonable prices, with a traditional Swiss workforce.  I am and will continue to be a huge fan of your products.

Wenger,

Love your products, I will be sorry to see the scaling back of your product lines and the loss of the Wenger name stamped on the knives.  It is my hope that your innovative features and tools will persist into the future.

gr Offline MARIOS7319

• Happiness depends upon ourselves. Aristotle
Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 07:08:44 PM
I wish the best for both companies, but i respect and love Victorinox.
I hope their example (saving as many jobs as possible) will follow many other companies.
I also hope that some of the tools and some of the innovations of Wenger will still exist in the future.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 10:20:38 PM
Let's hope new good things come from the collective hive mind of both parties :cheers:
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 10:50:28 PM
Victorinox,

Thank you for saving as many jobs as possible.  It's a difficult market, trying to maintain exquisite quality, at reasonable prices, with a traditional Swiss workforce.  I am and will continue to be a huge fan of your products.

Wenger,

Love your products, I will be sorry to see the scaling back of your product lines and the loss of the Wenger name stamped on the knives.  It is my hope that your innovative features and tools will persist into the future.

Absolutely agree 100%  :tu:

Let's hope new good things come from the collective hive mind of both parties :cheers:

Indeed! This could potentially be the most exciting thing to happen in the multitool world since Tim Leatherman got a fleece   ;)
CLICK: The TRUE Story Of Leatherman for those who missed it first time round (reply No.8 )  :pok: :pok:

:whistle:

In all seriousness I would like to :hatsoff: for the management and employees of both plants, and wish them the very best for the future  :cheers:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 06:46:56 AM
Yes All the best wishes to Wenger and their employees at this time of transition and in the future.

I'm hearing many good things about their backpacks so I think they have some good products in that line.

I'm sure with their hard working creative staff they will do well in this new role, and I think we'll actually see more of their other products in more stores and online shops in the future.

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 08:05:24 AM
I surely hope things go smoothly for those fine Swiss folk who make our beloved knives we so love. However I am sure someone will suffer from this, most likely some of their suppliers or other outside businesses.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 08:27:15 AM
Yes All the best wishes to Wenger and their employees at this time of transition and in the future.

I'm hearing many good things about their backpacks so I think they have some good products in that line.

I'm sure with their hard working creative staff they will do well in this new role, and I think we'll actually see more of their other products in more stores and online shops in the future.

I use one of their backpacks and i'm more then pleased with it , I also have one of their large holdalls which I use regularly , top quality items.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%