Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

This is what a year of MT.o membership does to oneself.

hu Offline borgwarrior

• Wait,what?
This is what a year of MT.o membership does to oneself.
on: February 19, 2013, 01:49:53 PM
When it all started:

And as of today:

Upper: Wenger Evowood S557, Vic Spartan limited 2012, Vic Huntsman, Vic Solo plus, Vic Solo, GAK, Wenger Hardwoods 55

Middle:Wenger Compact (don't know which number atm), Wenger Cyclist, Wenger Compact 10, Vic Swisschamp, Vic Compact, Wenger Blackout 10, Wenger SI, Vic SI, Vic Spirit X BO CC,

Lower: Vic Helmsman, Vic Rucksack, Lower middle from up to down: Wenger Rangergrip 71, the one and only Vic Super Soldier  :ahhh, Vic Rescuetool, Vic Soldier '08
Last one is a Vic Sentinel OHO.

There are four(five?) more which aren't on the pic, a Waiter, a Swisstool, an Evo S557, and two 58mm's.

Sorry for the crappy pic quality, my not-so-smartphone sucks in it.

Anyways, shouldn't be there a warning when someone registers here, stating "Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes!"  ? :D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 02:41:28 PM by borgwarrior »
Small collection of SAK's, (but growing rapidly. :D) not so fast at this time. :( And the most important of all: Ze Zuper Zoldier by Steve!  :ahhh
Wishlist for 2014: Rangergrip 88, Victorinox: CT41, Spirit X BO CC, Swisstool X BO, Some limited Alox stuffs and so on

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Re: This is what a year of MT.o membership does to oneself.
Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 02:03:41 PM
  You got off lucky. When I came here was with a Leatherman Wave, Crunch, Super Tool 300, and a Micra 2009 SE.

Thanks to these folks here, and those from Leatherman, have really gone beyond what I ever imagined.

Leatherman: K503x knife, Squirt S4, Style CS, Carabiners, 3 PSTs (2 given away), 3 KF4s (1 traded, 1 given to a friend), BO Surge, Bit Kit & Extender, Universal Tool & Removable Tool Adapters, a large bit driver ratchet (sort of died tightening a screw), clamshell case, Juice XE6, Charge TTi, Serac S2 & S3. P5 & M5 too.

SAK: Vic Climber, Wenger SI, Spartan

And a few mods and customizations, a lake of drool, and a rise on the credit card debt. And they want me to give them $30 a year for this?!? :pok: :ahhh  Leatherman should of given me a subscription when Lady Juli sic'ed me over here. Knew she was had a devious plan!  >:D
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 02:33:10 PM
Oopsy :whistle:
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

hu Offline borgwarrior

• Wait,what?
Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 02:40:08 PM
Thank god the alox bug hasn't bitten me yet, as it's a hill way too steep to handle.. :pok: :D
Small collection of SAK's, (but growing rapidly. :D) not so fast at this time. :( And the most important of all: Ze Zuper Zoldier by Steve!  :ahhh
Wishlist for 2014: Rangergrip 88, Victorinox: CT41, Spirit X BO CC, Swisstool X BO, Some limited Alox stuffs and so on

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 02:47:55 PM
You got off lightly  :pok: :D :D

I was in a bigger pickle than that after 12 months, and I'm just trying to get it all under control now  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh  :P

Nice array of goodies though mate  :tu: I do like to see a nice varied assortment  ;)

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

hu Offline borgwarrior

• Wait,what?
Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 03:06:42 PM
You got off lightly  :pok: :D :D

I was in a bigger pickle than that after 12 months, and I'm just trying to get it all under control now  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh  :P

Nice array of goodies though mate  :tu: I do like to see a nice varied assortment  ;)

Thankfully (?) I have an ex girlfriend to get back to, a car to refurbish, a weekend house to refurbish, so not much $ gets to the SAK project..  ::)

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 07:54:23 PM
many happy returns  :cheers:
if we had warned you, you wouldn't have believed it !!!
it's to late for you now just sit back and enjoy the ride  :whistle:

* you could do with some more plier based tools BTW, girlfriends, cars and houses have their place but you NEED tools
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:57:29 PM by Taxi Dad »

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 08:12:43 PM
many happy returns  :cheers:
if we had warned you, you wouldn't have believed it !!!
it's to late for you now just sit back and enjoy the ride  :whistle:

* you could do with some more plier based tools BTW, girlfriends, cars and houses have their place but you NEED tools

I second this, especially the part about getting more plier based tools.  That's where I started, then got bitten by the SAK bug several months later.  I will say though, that if I had become interested in SAKs sooner, I probably wouldn't have as many Leathermans as I do.  I would probably have an over abundance of SAKs though, since they're mostly cheaper than plier based MTs.  I could have bought many SAKs with the money I've spent on MTs that I didn't really "need", but the same goes for the SAKs.  I'd have way more of them than I would need if I had gotten into them sooner.   >:D
K-Tibbs

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 08:18:18 PM
I found myself having waay to many SAKs after my first year here too, but luckily I found the path of "Plierbased-Goodness" instead and the SAKs have been downsized quite a bit since..  :angel:  >:D

ca Offline Suveges

Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 08:36:59 PM
Nagyon jo!

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 09:26:09 PM
Just wait 'til you've been hooked on them for a decade.  :ahhh  :assimilate:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 09:31:15 PM
Yup.... but by the ten year mark you stop pretending and it just becomes a way of life!  :P

Def

Sent from my Motorola Atrix digital multitool.

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 09:31:50 PM
I found myself having waay to many SAKs after my first year here too, but luckily I found the path of "Plierbased-Goodness" instead and the SAKs have been downsized quite a bit since..  :angel:  >:D

I have been thinking about getting rid of a few of my Leathermans as I don't really need all that I have.  I am happy just keeping my big 3 (Charge, Spirit and Rebar) and my Juice S2 for a small MT.  I don't really plan on getting much more for MTs or SAKs (right now >:D) but I especially don't see myself getting anymore MTs.  I do want to get an original Wave though at some point when I can afford it.  Same with a Yeoman. 

There's not many that I would be selling when I think about it as I don't have a pile of them like some people do, but there is a handful that I would sell.  That would perhaps fund an original Wave and Yeoman ;)  Or help pay bills if I have to do that sort of thing :whistle:
K-Tibbs

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 10:41:22 PM
I think you have very expensive tastes.

The pair of wood wengers must have been a few bob, not counting the black spirit and vic' rescue tool. BTW what's the All-Black vic above the rescue tool - love it :drool:

However, your meagre  ;)  selection gives me cause for concern  :oops:
I'm beginning to think I may have a problem.. :facepalm:  :whistle:

When I started a year ago I had the following

Explorer
Swisstool
Spirit
Wave
plus a couple of Stan Shaw pieces

Today.. :dwts:

70+ SAKs
Possibly almost the entire chronology of Leatherman and maybe Gerber too  :-[
plus countless SOGs and Tool-logics

not forgetting  CRKT, rough-riders, colt................ etc etc.

Am I ashamed....Hell NO!!   :woohoo:

It's the Rites of Passage or so I keep telling myself

The good news is I'm almost done  :tu:

I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 10:43:27 PM
BTW what's the All-Black vic above the rescue tool - love it :drool:

I believe that's the super soldier ;) ( http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,39281.0.html )
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

hu Offline borgwarrior

• Wait,what?
Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 09:12:52 AM
Nah, hopefully I'll stay with SAKs... I admit, I'm eyeballing with a Leatherman MUT though  :facepalm:

I think you have very expensive tastes.

The pair of wood wengers must have been a few bob, not counting the black spirit and vic' rescue tool. BTW what's the All-Black vic above the rescue tool - love it :drool:

However, your meagre  ;)  selection gives me cause for concern  :oops:
I'm beginning to think I may have a problem.. :facepalm:  :whistle:

Depends what's expensive. :) All of them are for my monthly wage. :D The all black is the Super Soldier, a mod by Tattoosteve for le moi. ;) I know it's meagre, I'm still working on fixing this issue, but it will take some time. After the first ten years it will be a whole lot more, just as Grant and Coloswiss posted. ;) Current wants are: Stayglow goodies, CT41 Lite, Blackout 52... only the $ is the limit ::)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:16:05 AM by borgwarrior »

00 Offline papercut

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 09:49:09 AM
You are only half way there, I see a distinctive lack of alox models- there are many model across the two swiss manfacturers.   That is  a whole nother year o collecting!
Lurking with a large collection of sharp knives!

hu Offline borgwarrior

• Wait,what?
Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 09:57:00 AM
Papercut:
Thank god the alox bug hasn't bitten me yet, as it's a hill way too steep to handle.. :pok: :D
:rofl:

00 Offline papercut

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 10:08:54 AM
Jetlagged, lol.

Too steep?  Hmmm, an alox classic, cadet, red cross pioneer, SI and farmer would be a nice rich collection, and if careful could be had a bit more than $100.

Once you start collecting colors and rare models, it all goes down the drain though.  :p

The best way to avoid this temptation is to realize that the color anonizing Vic does is not the hard kind and scratches and chips (versus the HAIII stuff Syph uses) thus making it not as desirable.

Cheers
Lurking with a large collection of sharp knives!

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 10:12:59 AM

Wenger Alox compels you... !
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

hu Offline borgwarrior

• Wait,what?
Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 02:27:30 PM
Jetlagged, lol.

Too steep?  Hmmm, an alox classic, cadet, red cross pioneer, SI and farmer would be a nice rich collection, and if careful could be had a bit more than $100.

Once you start collecting colors and rare models, it all goes down the drain though.  :p

The best way to avoid this temptation is to realize that the color anonizing Vic does is not the hard kind and scratches and chips (versus the HAIII stuff Syph uses) thus making it not as desirable.

Cheers
I already have a Wenger SI, and a Vic Pioneer. AAND an alox pendrive. :) So I do already have a few of them alox goodnesses.

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 11:36:01 PM
You should see what almost 5 years of membership does  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :D :D

Looking good borg  :tu: :tu: :D

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 11:41:37 PM
do we have a devorce lawyer on the payroll here at MT.o ?  :whistle:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59