Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

April Fool Skeletool?

SxS · 11 · 1707

Offline SxS

April Fool Skeletool?
on: April 01, 2008, 04:44:53 AM
Just wondered if any heartless smurfs out there would dare pull such a nasty prank...  :mail: :ahhh  :pok:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 04:46:35 AM by SxS »

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: April Fool Skeletool?
Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 05:59:48 AM
I don't find it funny anymore...   ::)

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline SxS

Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 09:53:03 AM
I'll have to admit...and with all due respect to both Leatherman and especially the distributors...that my very first multitool purchase has surprisingly been somewhat 'anti-climactic' at best.  :oops:

If they can meet the (I'm guessing pushed back several times) self-imposed deadline of all orders shipped this month...hallelujah and all is forgiven!.  :cheers: :drink: :ahhh :mail: :multi: :climber:

On the other hand, if this doesn't indeed have a chance in heck of actually happening...it certainly would be nice to hear about it from someone in the know (and I'm not necessarily talking a Multitool.org. or distributor-based request after all the inquiries obviously already made).

Just my $.02 and hopefully not a slam taken on anybody; simply bad timing on my part!  :gimme:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 09:55:14 AM by SxS »

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 04:37:20 PM
I still think that Leatherman underestimated its popularity.  And is now learning the HARD WAY!!!! :pok:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

Offline SxS

Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 05:46:16 PM
I still think that Leatherman underestimated its popularity.  And is now learning the HARD WAY!!!! :pok:

If the Cx had already been delivered to who ordered them first (in large quantities) and ongoing production of the tool just couldn't keep pace with demand...yet just who exactly has received even the first large batch to trigger that type of problem...as of today?

us Offline Stuey

Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 08:22:21 PM
It was likely Amazon. Out of all the retailers to have offered the Skeletool CX for preorder, Amazon is the largest. Plus, people are more inclined from ordering from Amazon due to a) no sales tax, b) free shipping.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 08:39:04 PM
I like our banner advertisers because they keep the site free for members! :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 10:34:00 PM
I don't even think any of our advertisers got their hands on the skeletool yet? :ahhh
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

us Offline Stuey

Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 07:32:23 AM
FYI AMAZON HAS THE CX BACK IN STOCK!!!

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 02:08:01 PM
I like our banner advertisers because they keep the site free for members! :D

Def
Well, I just ordered a skeletool from Felinevet Tim(he has a couple on order).  He's never let me down ;)

Offline SxS

Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 04:23:39 PM
What is somewhat strange to me is the idea that some obscure store clear up in Maine or even an Amazon vendor with a similiar # of varied products had gotten the very first orders in on these tools. These people wouldn't appear to be on the 'cutting edge' (so to speak) of this market segment and certainly wouldn't seem to be bugging Leatherman day in and day out to be the first in line with their order; a practice that (I'm guessing) many of the vendors mentioned here on this forum stake their livelihoods around.

Hey, if you're the first in line and have the gumption to make sure of it through a "whoever gets there first" mentality of calling them everyday to (again) make certain of it....fine.

I guess that we'll find out who employed that strategy (and who didn't) very soon; as it was either first in and first out on these orders or not.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%