Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[WITHDRAWN] WTS/WTT very rare Victorinox all steel Duchess dogbone SAK

us Offline Fine Edge

The Duchess is a rare 58mm Victorinox model with a unique design. The handles, or scales, are what collectors call a "Dogbone" shape.  The logo is also different, a white Swiss cross in a circle that is centered on the top scale. The reverse side of the blade has deep "Victoria" tang stamp with crossbow in the center.
The unique shape of this knife was apparently developed for those unable to open a standard pocket knife with their finger nails. This shape allows the tools to be pinched an pulled open. 
Discontinued model, really old, excellent shape

I have yet to see one of these for sale. Got this from gramps. This is the original. I've done a lot of research online and couldn't find one for sale. or any prices at all so I do not know what value to put on this. Due to it's extreme rarity I would let it go for $400. I am willing to negotiate so throw me a offer, or trade.

I am interested in a Leatherman Surge (new) with interchangeable wire cutters, Wingman, and Micra
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 09:44:13 PM by enki_ck »

us Offline Fine Edge

Here is a pic
knifeee.jpg
* knifeee.jpg (Filesize: 27.29 KB)

us Offline burnside

You are supposed to list a price here in the forums according to the rules. Not allowed to just say you are taking offers.

From the Forum Rules sticky at the top of the page here in the Multitools for Sale forum. It is the first rule listed...

"Welcome to the Trade Forums.  In order to keep things fair for everyone, we have a few rules that we ask everyone to adhere to:

1- Please post a price, even in trades.  People will have a better idea of how interested they are in your item or what to offer you if they have a reference point."

us Offline Fine Edge

I fixed it, and added a value......sorry about that.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
 :pok: Might also be an idea to start a thread to introduce yourself mate. Folks might be a bit more likely to be interested if they know you a bit better :tu:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Fine Edge

:pok: Might also be an idea to start a thread to introduce yourself mate. Folks might be a bit more likely to be interested if they know you a bit better :tu:
Good point. I just did that. Thanks for the advice.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Good point. I just did that. Thanks for the advice.

Pleasure :salute: Good luck with the sale,but if I were you,I'd hold on to it...you might just kick yourself in days to come for letting it go!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Fine Edge

It seems the price I'm asking may have been a little high considering no offers have come in yet. So I will lower it to $250 OBO. Trade offers are also welcome. All offers will be considered.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
BTW, the Dutchess you have for sale is the ALOX version with anodized aluminum handles, not the all steel version.
- Terry

us Offline Fine Edge

BTW, the Dutchess you have for sale is the ALOX version with anodized aluminum handles, not the all steel version.
Thanks for that info. I meant all metal. Im not an MT guru yet...lol
Does the fact that its the aluminum handled one make it better, or more desired than the steel ones?

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
I would guess that the steel scales are rarer.  I'm basing that solely on the fact that I've seen the ALOX more since I've been collecting.
- Terry

us Offline Fine Edge

Just wondering if my price point is out of the ballpark.
I was basing it on the fact that I couldn't find one of these exact models for sale anywhere on the internet. So I figured listing it on this site would have brought a lot of attention and interest, but I haven't even received an offer for ten bucks. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge on SAK's could help me out and tell me what it may be worth, or fill me in on why there is a lack of interest. It seems I'm the only one online selling this. Feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
It may be very rare, but I see this dogbone handle as an oddball? Also, what are the chances a dog spots this knife and buries it in the backyard?
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
I was basing it on the fact that I couldn't find one of these exact models for sale anywhere on the internet.

It is very hard to estimate the value of something like this.  As you're aware, value is always about what someone is willing to pay but, what do you do when you can't find record of any sales?

I usually look at completed auctions on ebay to get in the ballpark, but the Dutchess turns up nothing.  The difficulty there is that you have no idea what the description of a completed auction might be.  Your average ebay seller that isn't "SAK savvy" would likely not list the item as "dogbone" or "Dutchess" as we would.
- Terry

us Offline Fine Edge

Thanks a lot guys. After some thought and consideration I think that I will just hold on to it. I really appreciate the feedback.

Thread closed, item withdrawn.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Thanks a lot guys. After some thought and consideration I think that I will just hold on to it. I really appreciate the feedback.

I'm very glad to read this. :tu: I would love to have a memento like that of my grandfather. Regretfully he lost his old Victorinox (Victoria) Pruner a few years before he passed away. :(

ch Offline marktwichtel

I was basing it on the fact that I couldn't find one of these exact models for sale anywhere on the internet. So I figured listing it on this site would have brought a lot of attention and interest, but I haven't even received an offer for ten bucks. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge on SAK's could help me out and tell me what it may be worth, or fill me in on why there is a lack of interest. It seems I'm the only one online selling this. Feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I have send an offer but no answer  ???

us Offline Fine Edge

I have send an offer but no answer  ???

Yes I did read the message you sent me with your offer, but only after I decided to withdrawal the item. Had I read it beforehand it would have been considered, but after some thought I would have said thanks for the generous offer, but I was wanting a little more than that. Sorry man.

ch Offline marktwichtel

That's ok of course  :) Thanks!

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team

Good call!  :tu:
- Terry

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
I think you're going to be glad you went this way.  Good call. :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!