Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Insane Nite Ize deal.... Maybe.

us Offline leathermon

• Better to have a tool, than be a tool.
Re: Insane Nite Ize deal.... Maybe.
Reply #30 on: January 06, 2016, 04:54:42 PM
Couldn't help myself,  I figured it was worth the gamble.  I ordered two of both. Based on shipping price I would say it is for bulkier items.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: January 06, 2016, 05:43:43 PM

Fingers crossed Guys  :tu:
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #32 on: January 06, 2016, 08:31:05 PM
Well, there's movement on the tracking numbers again. The parcels appear to have left home and ETA is given as Friday.

That's good! Fingers crossed.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline leathermon

Reply #33 on: January 07, 2016, 12:16:26 AM
I just received a phone call and message, I was sleeping as I work third shift. They said it was only per piece and not the whole box. They wanted to know which color I wanted.  I left a message to cancel my order,  because that's not what the Web shows. I want to know how they can charge 13 for shipping on something that can fit in an envelope.

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #34 on: January 07, 2016, 04:43:52 AM

Make up your mind already, OSH!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: January 07, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
(Image removed from quote.)

Weak. Obviously they figured it out and cancelled it before it could get to you. I bet they shipped whole displays as well. If it was me I would definitely call and raise hell until they send exactly what you ordered as it states on the website. That's just me though.  >:D This is coming from the guy who actually got Benchmade to send him a set of Omega springs! No one thought it could be done.  :D I forgot to tell the forum about that one.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: January 07, 2016, 05:35:46 AM
I didn't know once in transit a package could be stopped????  I mean the transaction was already complete.  I'm really confused as to how a sender can call the PO and say STOP this package from arriving to location and send it back to me????  Seems way out of line. 
Esse Quam Videri

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #37 on: January 07, 2016, 07:15:22 AM
I didn't know once in transit a package could be stopped????  I mean the transaction was already complete.  I'm really confused as to how a sender can call the PO and say STOP this package from arriving to location and send it back to me????  Seems way out of line.

It's not uncommon at all for companies to do this.

I am only referring to stopping a package, not being slime balls and not going through with the sale.
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #38 on: January 07, 2016, 01:16:07 PM
(Image removed from quote.)

That's dirty.  That would be like buying it in store, and having them walk out to your car and take it back.

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #39 on: January 07, 2016, 01:52:05 PM
Now the charge has finished pending and officially gone through. So they've canceled the shipment despite not canceling my payment  ::)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #40 on: January 07, 2016, 04:20:59 PM
Ok now that's not cool at all.  It would seem if they noticed they'd made a mistake in pricing and figured it out, late mind you.  They should have first cancelled payment then stopped shipment.  I understand an honest pricing mistake which this may have been.  I can also understand them being lame and finding out late, which is really lame.  They are the one who fouled up and wasted their own time as well as your but come on take care of the money part as well. 
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #41 on: January 07, 2016, 04:57:08 PM
I'd call and tell them you want the items you paid for, that rightfully belong to you delivered.  Tell them you consider what they're doing to be theft.  Tell them you'll file a complaint with the BBB and go further if needed.  Also give UPS a call.  YOU paid for the shipping service, so you should be able to control the shipment.

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #42 on: January 07, 2016, 06:04:06 PM
Well now they're just jerking me around. I contacted them by phone, and they checked with management and got back with me via email. Their explanation (abridged to remove unnecessary info) is as follows;

"Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience with your Online Order. There was an issue with the tracking number from UPS. We have reshipped the order to you. The new tracking number is **************. Just allow 24 hours for the tracking number to update."

In addition, they have changed the product pages now, and by extension the items in my order history retroactively. Which is so many kinds of uncool it's actually a federal offense. I've sent them an email informing them of this, and the fact that I don't buy the tracking "mistake" line. They should have just canceled the deal and refunded my money  :facepalm:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #43 on: January 07, 2016, 06:55:51 PM
Well now they're just jerking me around. I contacted them by phone, and they checked with management and got back with me via email. Their explanation (abridged to remove unnecessary info) is as follows;

"Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience with your Online Order. There was an issue with the tracking number from UPS. We have reshipped the order to you. The new tracking number is **************. Just allow 24 hours for the tracking number to update."

In addition, they have changed the product pages now, and by extension the items in my order history retroactively. Which is so many kinds of uncool it's actually a federal offense. I've sent them an email informing them of this, and the fact that I don't buy the tracking "mistake" line. They should have just canceled the deal and refunded my money  :facepalm:

I assume they are lying to you and re-shipped the order with a single unit not a entire display as you ordered. I really hope you take this to the point of making them send you what you ordered. If you do not they "win" which is unacceptable and wrong in so many ways including, not to mention the illegal activity they have done according to you.

Give em hell!!!!
I'm the milk man!

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #44 on: January 07, 2016, 07:03:40 PM
I'd call and raise helf.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #45 on: January 07, 2016, 07:16:04 PM
A mistake is a mistake.  It would have been neat to get a whole display for dirt cheap but they took it to a whole new level.  I say they should have calle you or contacted you to say something like, "We made a mistake in our pricing, we've cancelled your order and will refund your money, SORRY" 

I find it offense the way in which they are handling it now.  I'd call local "whomever" and raise freaking hell about the legality of what they did.  Again an honest mistake is just that but to be BSing and doing underhanded stuff is outrageous.

I am of the opinion that while unpopular they are in no way turds to cancel the order and refund the money.  I have no problem with them not wanting to honor the "deal" as it most likely was a mistake.  I don't think it would be fair IMO, awesome for sure.  We kinda knew it was too good to be true.   

People make mistakes it happens.  What I personally would have done would be contact the buyer and explain.  Tell the buyer I'd made a pricing mistake and offer something as a gesture. 

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 07:17:35 PM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #46 on: January 07, 2016, 07:19:08 PM
Link to item still shows .99c   :twak:
Esse Quam Videri

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #47 on: January 07, 2016, 09:56:54 PM
I cannot access the link anymore.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #48 on: January 07, 2016, 10:30:38 PM
I emailed them again and told them to either complete the original transaction or issue me a refund. But they seem to be ignoring me now. To be fair, a refund can take time to appear, so I'll wait and see what happens. I'm not bothered by them catching their mistake, but why not just say that and offer a refund from the start?

us Offline leathermon

Reply #49 on: January 08, 2016, 07:24:17 AM
They sent me a email canceling my order,  I haven't checked my card yet

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: January 08, 2016, 08:58:07 AM
Hm... it's amazing a US shop does this.
A webshop in my own backwater-3rdcountry-gipsyridden-thiefmongering-communistloving Romania did a screw-up and all the prices for resealed electronics had a "," instead of a ".".
Meaning a new TV would be 1.500 Euros, an resealed TV would be 1.200 Euros and due to the mistake it came up as 1,2 Euros.

By the time they caught up with the mistake a couple of thousand misc. electronics were purchased. They honored every single order to save face in front of the customers, even as it cost them 1,5 million Euros...  :o
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #51 on: January 08, 2016, 09:42:16 AM
Hm... it's amazing a US shop does this.
A webshop in my own backwater-3rdcountry-gipsyridden-thiefmongering-communistloving Romania did a screw-up and all the prices for resealed electronics had a "," instead of a ".".
Meaning a new TV would be 1.500 Euros, an resealed TV would be 1.200 Euros and due to the mistake it came up as 1,2 Euros.

By the time they caught up with the mistake a couple of thousand misc. electronics were purchased. They honored every single order to save face in front of the customers, even as it cost them 1,5 million Euros...  :o

It is interesting how different currencies have different meanings for the full stop "." and comma "," symbols.

In Au$ $1.200 or $1.20 or $1.2 is one dollar and twenty cents as the full stop "." is treated as a decimal point separating dollars and cents, while $1,200 means one thousand and two hundred dollars, with the comma being a delimiter between thousands and hundreds. We would never write $1,2 or $1,20

Does the same rule apply to non-currency numbers as well ?  ie what are the values for the following (non-currency) numbers in your country:

1.2   1,2   1.20   1,20   1.200   1,200

For me in Australia:

1.2 = one and two tenths (or one point two)
1,2 is an error (never used)
1.20 = one and two tenths
1,20 is an error
1.200 = one and two tenths
1,200 is twelve hundred (or one thousand and two hundred)

I can see this difference causing confusion when purchasing in a different currency that uses the different method to your own.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: January 08, 2016, 09:50:54 AM
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #53 on: January 10, 2016, 10:53:14 AM
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #54 on: January 14, 2016, 11:34:14 PM
Well, this whole thing has been very weird, but today I received a parcel from OSH;

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #55 on: January 15, 2016, 12:09:21 AM
 :salute:  WOW.  Good on them for seeing it thru.  Holy cow now what?   :rofl:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 12:31:51 AM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #56 on: January 15, 2016, 12:15:09 AM
:salute:  WOW.  Go on them for seeing it thru.  Holy cow now what?   :rofl:

Don't know, I'm pretty smurfing surprised, let me tell you.
Technically this is only half my order, but I really don't feel like pushing the issue.
Show content
This is like $524 of merch at retail prices.   :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #57 on: January 15, 2016, 12:31:02 AM
Yeah I bet.  S Biners for days. 
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #58 on: January 15, 2016, 01:06:33 AM
Sweet!!!  :tu: :tu: :tu:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #59 on: January 15, 2016, 04:54:32 AM
Awesome!!!

:nanadance:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:55:52 AM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30