Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I missed out on a STEAL!!!!!

zrxoa1 · 14 · 1421

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
I missed out on a STEAL!!!!!
on: May 22, 2016, 03:55:16 PM
Was busy with dogs at the vet yesterday and forgot to go back and bid....I'm crying here!!!

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Re: I missed out on a STEAL!!!!!
Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 03:56:57 PM
Was busy with dogs at the vet yesterday and forgot to go back and bid....I'm crying here!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 03:57:55 PM
I hear you, I missed out last night on a Vic Master Craftsman that I had been watching and then forgot and it went for $26    :facepalm: :facepalm:

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 04:05:15 PM
I new i should have set my bidnapper up before I left!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 04:10:07 PM
Man that went cheap to :facepalm: I do that quite a bit myself :(

I hear you, I missed out last night on a Vic Master Craftsman that I had been watching and then forgot and it went for $26    :facepalm: :facepalm:

You weren't the only one watching that one and forgot about it Steve ::) :ahhh :D

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 04:27:20 PM
Missed out on a CF Delica for 60 usd and a signed Felicia Day book for 8 usd ( although that one has extortionist shipping on it)
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 04:27:30 PM
 :dd:
What a deal. Too bad. Better luck next time.
I lost a lot of Leatherman tools for 2.5 dollars.
went for 152.5  :facepalm:

us Online powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 08:56:27 PM
You never really know if you would have gotten it cheap.  The winner may have bid it up to the sky.  That's what I tell myself when I miss a good auction.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 10:15:20 PM
You never really know if you would have gotten it cheap.  The winner may have bid it up to the sky.  That's what I tell myself when I miss a good auction.
That's what we all tell ourselves when we forget stuff like that
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

nz Offline babola

• No Life Club
  • The Tinkerer
Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 11:09:41 PM

And that's the case more times than not. I got 'unpleasantly' surprised many a time in the past.
EDC and OCD. A wicked mix.

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 11:18:17 PM
That's why you just bid as high as you can afford, especially when you know you are likely not able to monitor the last minute bidding war. There was a NIB Juice Pro ended at $77 yesterday, a steal now that I think about it. However, $70 would have been too high a day prior for me. So, I dropped a $65 bid and see how it would go. Surely enough, the price was $48 until the last 10 seconds. I was soundly priced out by two separate bidders. The winner probably had a max bid of over $100. So, a steal for the winner, but not a steal for me if I wanted to bid him out.  :P

Now something like this makes my stomach turn http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weatherman-CHARGE-TTI-Multi-Tool-with-Premium-Sheath-Bit-Kit-CAMO-/152096996086
$105 with free shipping for a brand new Camo TTi, bead blast version?  >:(  This seller knew he had a gem in his hand (even had "hard to find" in description), but somehow he managed to have typo in description and had the price wrong. Can people be this dumb? $150 would have gotten this gone in half an hour. $200 if he got the wording and description correctly. And who in the right mind to list at midnight? The tool was bought at 3:30am in PA.

Of course it is a sour grape on my part, as I paid $150 for a non-bead blast version not too long ago  :rant:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 11:29:32 PM by chrono »

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 09:55:25 AM
Yeah I know....but I can dream, can't I? 

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

se Offline Mr Biriyani

Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 12:33:44 AM
That sucks. Know the feeling misssed a cc original supertool the same way  not long ago. :rant:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 08:01:02 PM
That's what we all tell ourselves when we forget stuff like that

It's the only way I can sleep at night sometimes ::) :rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40