I answered a local online ad for a "gerber multitool" - unknown what model however a bit of a description lead me to believe it was an mp400. Photos provided were stock photos for something different.
I spoke to the lady this morning and she indicated she had a collection of multitools for sale. I was at her door very soon thereafter and found this one along with three others that I purchased. The others were a version 4 gerber multiplier, an mp400 and a leatherman juice s2. These 3 were in various states, certainly not in new condition.
She had a number of other multitools - promotional items - generally cheap and cheerful and not of interest to me.
This appears to be a promotional "gift" from Andritz Hydro. Andritz is an Austrian company in the hydroelectric field as far as I can find. Not unlikely that they would do work in Canada however I have no idea where this tool came from.
The tool has only one other marking at the base of the OHO blade - "stainless China".
It does however have an led which points in the general direction of the plier tips. You can see it and the "on" button in the next photo:
The tool loadout is shown below:
Unfortunately the batteries take up a big space.
The tool is not a finger pincher - pliers are spring loaded:
The led does not work - much to my disappointment. I replaced the batteries and that did not help. The contacts appear to be alright so it may be the small circuit board held within the tool. I may eventually take it apart and try to figure that out.
The tool came with quite a nice cordura sheath. It is likely worth what I paid for the tool.
- very nice OHO outside blade with liner lock. Very easy to open and no play whatsoever.
- tools snap in place firmly - they do not lock however.
- blade was easy to get very sharp - no idea how it will hold up.
- pliers are very smooth, spring loaded and no play at all.
- put together with hex head screws so should be fairly easy to dissemble and adjust.
- build appears to be very solid (considering I haven't really used them this is my first impression)
- decent sheath
- scissors don't work that well - I may sharpen them and see it that helps.
- led isn't working
- tool is quite heavy - about the same as a wave.
- can opener is very stiff - needs another tool to open it.
- black finish may be some type of paint - I noticed a number of small nicks already and it hasn't seen use.